• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Rainy Moments in Video Games.

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
We all love rainy moments in video games. From The opening scene in A Link to the Past to the final battle in Wind Waker. We all love rainy moments so what are your favorite rainy moments in video games.:)

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I LOVE YOU FOR MAKING THIS THREAD!

I love it when it rains in Animal Crossing. The music is beautiful, and really sets the mood for that type of day. I also really like it when it rains on the second day in Majora's Mask, and even when you make it rain with the Song of Storms in Ocarina of Time. It's just.... just.... perfect. <3

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My favorite rainy moment in a video game is during Midna's Desperate Hour in the video game Zelda: Twilight Princess. The setup, the scenery, the music, the adventure...all of it was setup in a way that just suggested right off the bat that it'd be freaking amazing. Loved every bit of it!

Nice thread. Simple yet awesome.

I love rain when it shows up in video games, i can't think of a rainy moment but i did love it in Metroid Prime in and around the Tallon Overworld, the way the rain bounced off of the invisible platforms it gave a good natural dimension to a game that already felt wonderfully real.

Young Link encountering Ganondorf before pulling the Master Sword was pretty wonderful for a rainy moment.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
My favorite rainy moment in a video game is during Midna's Desperate Hour in the video game Zelda: Twilight Princess. The setup, the scenery, the music, the adventure...all of it was setup in a way that just suggested right off the bat that it'd be freaking amazing. Loved every bit of it!

Pretty much my exact feelings on this subject. It was surely one of the best moments not only of Twilight Princess or the entire Zelda franchise, but of gaming in general.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm also going with the Midna's Desperate Hour sequence. It was meant to be somewhat of a sorrowful time after Midna was stricken sick with an overexposure of light. Additionally Wolf Link had to carry Midna through the sewers and the rainwater draining down the culverts brought on a very genuine sense of realism. It just fit the poignant atmosphere perfectly, and was also one of the most memorable moments of the game.

Dan

I normally dislike rain in games to be honest, this came mostly from the grand theft auto games. I never liked it when it rained in grand theft auto simply because it meant less pedestrians and the world just didn't look very appealing. So I generally dislike rain. The only games I can recall where I've liked rain is the start of OOT where Link see's Ganondorf in his dreams, I think that's the only time I've really liked rain being there.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
The first thing that comes to my mind is when ever it rains during the night-time of Viva Pinata. Unless you've played it, you won't understand.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I would also have to say Minda's Desperate Hour, since I can't remember any other good moments that had rain.

Zelda_Ali_Baba

Why did the humans attack
Yea, I really liked that part in Twilight Princess X3
(If you haven't played SS put plan to, then don't read the spoiler ;) )
And I liked the rain in Skyward Sword at the Isle of Songs....I dunno it was just really pretty

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom