• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Quote/Lyric/Phrase

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
<3 Oscar Wilde

An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all.
All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
Pessimist: One who, when he has the choice of two evils, chooses both.
True friends stab you in the front.
When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is.
A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally.
There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.
Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
Most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it.
Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.

“When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years.”

-Mark Twain

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
"Alternative medicine, by definition, is medicine that has either not been proven to work, or has been proven not to work. Do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proven to work? Medicine." - Tim Minchin

"The only trick I've ever played on you is never tricking you at all" -Meg White

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein.

What a guy. :P

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
"Y'all n*ggas gay" - Riley, The Boondocks

I'm not joking. That's my favorite phrase. It's really inspirational when you get to understand the meat of the series. It's basically satire. See when you have someone screaming "this group of people is gay!" it makes them seem uninformed. Like, it's pointing out the obvious, and a lot of people - including myself from time to time - don't like that. The moment someone screams "gay!!!!", everyone gets up in arms.

...and that's what makes it inspirational. Rather than be the person screaming something is gay, or the person trying to keep the person screaming something is gay quiet, I try to be the person who just pays no mind to it. It makes me immune to a lot of criticism, which is good for my purposes because I say a lot of dumb stuff lol.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Quotes are my favorite thing in the world tbh.

"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die." - Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"

"When you trust your television, what you get is what you got, 'cause when they own the information they can bend it all they want." - John Mayer, "Waiting On the World to Change"

"If nothing goes right, go left." - I have no idea

"One look at her and I knew I'd spend far too much time trying to write a poem as beautiful as her." - idk someone on tumblr

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - lotsa people

"View obstacles as opportunities and setbacks as springboards for comebacks." - Gary Mack, author of Mind Gym

blue-eyes

Phoenix
"I can't do this all on my own, I know, that I'm no superman" Scrubs Themesong

Anything the Janitor from Scrubs says

J.D.: This, this isn't like being a janitor, okay! It's not just like something everybody can do.
Janitor: Oh. So you can do my stuff, but I can't do yours?
J.D.: Yes!
Janitor: Okay, hotshot, what would you use to get a coffee stain up off a tile floor?
J.D.: I don't know... the... rough side of a sponge?
[silence]
Janitor: Dammit.

J.D.: You see, surgical and medical interns are kinda like two rival gangs. Not real gangs, more like those cheesy gangs you see in Broadway musicals. z

"Suit Up!" Barney Stinson

I am a lion and I want to be free
Do you see a lion when you look inside of me?
Outside the window just to watch you as you sleep
Cause I am a lion born from things you cannot be

^Lion by Hollywood Undead

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
"Yes, I'm feeling a little bit nervous. Yes, I'm feeling nervous and I can't relax"
-Coldplay, 'Hurts Like Heaven'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom