• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Quote/Lyric/Phrase

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Here come the Doctor Who quotes!

Come on, like you didn't expect this from me...

Eleventh Doctor said:
Hello Stonehenge! Who takes the Pandorica, takes the universe!
But, bad news everyone...
[Jumps on top of stone slab]
'cause guess who! Hah!
Except you lot are all whizzing about, it's really very distarcting. Could you all just stay still for a mionute because I! AM! TALKING!
Now the question of the hour is, "Who's got the Pandorica?"
Awnser- I do. Nex question: "Who's coming to take it from me?"
[elevated]Come on! Look at me! No plan, no backup, no weapons worth a damn! Oh, and something else I don't have! Anything! To! Lose![/elevated]
So! If you're sitting up there in your silly little space-ships with all youy silly, little, guns...
And you have any plans on taking the Pandorica, tonight, just remember who's standing in your way!
Remember every balck day I ever stopped you, and then, and THEN... do the smart thing.
Let somebody else try first. [extends arms]

x

House said:
Fear me, I've killed hundreds of Time Lords.
Eleventh Doctor said:
Fear me. I've killed all of them.

x

Eleventh Doctor said:
Do you know, in 900 years of time and space I've never met someone who wasn't important before

x

Fourth Doctor said:
You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit the views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

MW7

"Every book is a children's book if the kid can read." Mitch Hedberg

"I was walking through the forest and a tree fell. I didn't hear anything." Steven Wright

"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time." Steven Wright

"Oh you hate your job. Why didn't you say something? There's a support group for that. It's called everyone, and they meet at the bar." Drew Carey

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Some lyrics from songs I like...

Lyrics from Doin' Dirt

Hey you, don't wanna love you on the telephone. You're hanging up and now I'm all alone.

And now I wanna find you but you're off the run. My heart's exploding like a burning sun.

Hey you, say that you're only having fun and then you call me up at 3 AM again.

And now all that I got is just a microphone to let you know that I'm all alone.

Lyrics from If I Never See Your Face Again

Find it in your heart to reach me. Promise not to leave me behind.

Lyrics from Fortune Teller

I'm not a fortune teller, I won't be bringing news of what tomorrow brings, I'll leave that up to you. I'm not a fortune teller, don't have a crystal ball. I can't predict the future, can't see nothing at all.

It doesn't mean I'm afraid of all the things that you say, but I just think we should stay stuck in the moment today. And as the seasons roll by no matter how hard I try summer will end and the leaves will turn again

I'll never know how the future will go. I don't know what to tell you, I'm not a fortune teller. I'll never change, but I want you to stay. I don't know what to tell you, I'm not a fortune teller.

I know that what I'm thinking may not be on your mind, I know the song I'm singing Is not your favourite kind.

Lyrics from Misery

Sometimes these cuts are so much deeper than they seem. You'd rather cover up, I'd rather let them bleed.

I am in misery, there ain't nobody who can comfort me. Why won't you answer me? The silence is slowly killing me.

Not that I didn't care it's that I didn't know. It's not what I didn't feel, it's what I didn't show.

You say your faith is shaken, and you may be mistaken, you keep me wide awake and waiting for the sun. I'm desperate and confused, so far away from you. I'm getting there, I don't care where I have to run.

Lyrics from Wipe Your Eyes

Hey you, come over and let me embrace you. I know that I'm causing you pain too, but remember if you need to cry I'm here to wipe your eyes.

Your broken heart requires all of my attention.

Please don't lose your faith, don't worry 'cause I'm here to keep you safe. I promise if you let me see your face that I won't let you down. I won't let you down, I'm here to wipe your eyes.

Yeah, that's all I'm gonna put, don't wanna make a huge post.

I am going to quote Fahrenheit 451 here. All will be quotes from that book. I will put them in a spolier so not to offend people who haven't read this amazing book.
“We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?”
“There must be something in books, something we can’t imagine, to make a woman stay in a burning house; there must be something there. You don’t stay for nothing.”
“If you hide your ignorance, no one will hit you and you'll never learn.”
“The books are to remind us what ***** and fool we are. They're Caeser's praetorian guard, whispering as the parade roars down the avenue, "Remember, Caeser, thou art mortal." Most of us can't rush around, talking to everyone, know all the cities of the world, we haven't time, money or that many friends. The things you're looking for, Montag, are in the world, but the only way the average chap will ever see ninety-nine per cent of them is in a book. Don't ask for guarantees. And don't look to be saved in any one thing, person, machine, or library. Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were headed for shore.”
“Everyone must leave something behind when he dies, my grandfather said. A child or a book or a painting or a house or a wall built or a pair of shoes made. Or a garden planted. Something your hand touched some way so your soul has somewhere to go when you die, and when people look at that tree or that flower you planted, you're there.

It doesn't matter what you do, he said, so long as you change something from the way it was before you touched it into something that's like you after you take your hands away. The difference between the man who just cuts lawns and a real gardener is in the touching, he said. The lawn-cutter might just as well not have been there at all; the gardener will be there a lifetime.”
Oh. I could put so much more on here, but i will spare you all that.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
"It is something that grows over time... a true friendship. A feeling in the heart that becomes stronger over time... The passion of friendship will soon blossom into a righteous power and through it, you will know which way to go..." - Sheik, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

"Time passes, people move.... Like a river's flow, it never ends... A childish mind will turn to noble ambition... Young love will become deep affection... The clear water's surface reflects growth.." - Sheik, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

"Believing in your friends and embracing that belief by forgiving failure. These feelings have vanished from our hearts." - Igos Du Ikana, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

"Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you... as a friend?" - Child wearing Odolwa's mask, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

"The right thing...what is it? I wonder...if you do the right thing...does it make...everybody...happy?" Child wearing Gyorg's mask,The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

"What makes you happy? I wonder...what makes you happy...does it make...others happy, too? " - Child wearing Twinmold's mask,The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
V144.jpg

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Dune
Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test that it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain.
Anything outside yourself, this you can see and apply your logic to it. But it’s a human trait that when we encounter personal problems, these things most deeply personal are the most difficult to bring out for our logic to scan. We tend to flounder around, blaming everything but the actual, deep-seated thing that’s really chewing on us.

2001: A Space Odessey
He was moving through a new order of creation, of which few men had ever dreamed. Beyond the realms of sea and land and air and space lay the realms of fire, which he alone had been privileged to glimpse. It was too much to expect that he would also understand.

Don Quixote
It is one thing to write as poet and another to write as a historian: the poet can recount or sing about things not as they were, but as they should have been, and the historian must write about them not as they should have been, but as they were, without adding or subtracting anything from the truth.

The fault lies not with the mob, who demands nonsense, but with those who do not know how to produce anything else.

Stranger in a Strange Land
But goodness alone is never enough. A hard, cold wisdom is required for goodness to accomplish good. Goodness without wisdom always accomplishes evil.
I do know that the slickest way to lie is to tell the right amount of truth--then shut up.

masterSword2

Smile!
I don't have many, as I've never been one for remembering quotes, but here are a couple that I can recall.

Tool-Vicarious
"Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavour
It happens to be like;
Killed by the husband
Drowned by the ocean
Shot by his own son
She used the poison in his tea
And kissed him goodbye
That's my kind of story
It's no fun 'til someone dies"

Breaking Benjamin-Had Enough
"The apple of your eye, the rotten core inside."

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Wow! Sarcasm, that's original!

Don't plan the plan if you can't follow through.

Write it. Shoot it. Publish it. Crochet it, saute it, whatever. Make

--------------------------------------------
My three favorite quotes ever.

Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is the best.
-Frank Zappa

Some look at jerky and say, 'Why?' I look at jerky and say, 'Mmm, jerky!'
-Johnny Bravo

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
mother Theresa:

"When Christ said: I was hungry and you fed me, he didn't mean only the hunger for bread and for food; he also meant the hunger to be loved. Jesus himself experienced this loneliness. He came amongst his own and his own received him not, and it hurt him then and it has kept on hurting him. The same hunger, the same loneliness, the same having no one to be accepted by and to be loved and wanted by. Every human being in that case resembles Christ in his loneliness; and that is the hardest part, that's real hunger."

Elzabeth barret browing:

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, --- I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death

Dag Hammarskjold:

“Pray that your loneliness may spur you into finding something to live for, great enough to die for"

all the quotes stir me in some degree.. the first one I want to get tattooed on my side. lol

oh and:

"listen! you nothing but a piece of cheese with out the corners so you aint never going to be a slice!"

kevin heart

Last edited:

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Umm wow, most people already post the ones I was thinking about...I know! How about
"We're all a little odd. Normality is but a mere illusion"
That makes me feel better about anything out of the ordinary that I, or anyone else, does.

That's the only one that wasn't already in the post. I'm sure I have other ones from a bunch of animes & video game characters, but "Thats classified"- Mikuru Asahina

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom