• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Favorite Province.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
BotW has a total of (counts) ... 15 provinces. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Hebra (Lots of snow)
Woodland (Lost Woods, the shrouded shrine)
Eldin (Volcano, Goron City)
Akkala (Looks like autumn, has the 'spiral', and skull lake/kilton)
Tabantha (Rito Village)
Ridgeland (Lots of thunder, the mushrooms and Trial of Thunder)
Central Hyrule (Hyrule Castle and field.)
Lanayru (Zora province)
Great Plateau (guess ...)
Gerudo (The gerudo peaks, covered in snow)
Wasteland (Gerudo stuff, desert and town, as well as the seven heroines and labyrinth)
Lake Hylia (Lake hylia, bridge of hylia)
Faron (Faron Woods/Jungle, Lurelin Village)
Dueling Peaks (Dueling Peaks (no way))
Hateno (Hateno Village, Mt. Lanayru)

Which one is your favorite?

I'll go with Central Hyrule, though it's a close shave between it, wasteland and great plateau. It has Hyrule Castle, arguably the most epic part of the game, and taking on guardians in Hyrule Field with the bike is never not awesome.

I'd like Central Hyrule if Guardians wouldn't keep making my business their business.

My favourite would be Akkala, I like the spiral, I was intrigued about it at the Game Awards when we got our first look at the map on the gamepad.

I like Skull Lake too, nice reference that feels fresh. And I love how open Akkala is.
I love being able to see miles from the Akkala lab and how lush the land is. <3

Plus its rather peaceful and has a nice autumn forest. And you can catch a really good sunrise on the ocean horizon <3

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
Lanayru is my favorite, I think Zora's Domain is the most beautiful location in the game. I also find the area to be quite fun to explore. Between swimming up waterfalls and the gorgeous views from the tops of them, it’s just a great location.

I’ve always been drawn to Tabantha as well, that’s gotta be my second favorite location. With all the pine trees and the clear blue skies, it’s like you can practically smell the clean, crisp air.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Plus its rather peaceful and has a nice autumn forest. And you can catch a really good sunrise on the ocean horizon <3

Man, the autumn forest was such a nice touch. (As someone who loved the seasonal aspect of Oracle of Seasons, I've always longed for the four seasons to get fully realized in 3D. I was all in in BotW's takes on summer and winter, and would be so down to see how BotW would make a spring environment (Like the post-dungeon Snowpeak in MM) )

I'd have to say I'm divided lol I love the entire world , one of top ten places is lurelin village . I like to go there after grinding or doings quests , just relax and take in the scenery . Hate no village too, there's a farm up top where you do the deer mini game , I love just hanging around there fishing ect. Such a beautiful game !

Central Hyrule or Akkala because I love running around Central Hyrule theorizing what the various ruins looked like 100 years ago. It also has Hyrule castle. I think I’d prefer Akkala Though, because of Tarrey Town, Part if the best side quest in the game, The Akkala Citadel Ruins, and Akkala Ancient tech lab. Plus there’s not guardians at every turn.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
A pretty good mix between the Hebra and Akkala regions. Hebra is pretty fun for shield surfing and has a bit of cool hidden stuff, and Akkala has such beautiful scenery.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Akkala. The skier in me wants to say Hebra, but I gotta go with Akkala. The best looking province in my opinion, along with a fantastic sidequest and one of the best tower climbs in the game.

Hebra would be second probably.

Central Hyrule seems to be my favorite place to be, if my Hero's Path is any indicator. There's so much fun to be had there. I like jousting Guardians head-over-arse. It's hilarious! I also find Akkala to be quite beautiful.

Hebra is my least favorite. This may be a strange way to put things, but I prefer to easily move to difficult things rather than difficult-ly move to easy things. If a game has many martial challenges that are fun and interesting, but my freedom and control afford me many movement and exploration options, then I'm happy. But Hebra, with its slogging snow and near-constant poor visibility just grate at me and I can't enjoy being there.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Akkala, easily. Fall stuff is my jam. That province is like it was made for me. <3 Bonus points for fall stuff if it goes with either log/wooden homes or ruins, and Akkala does both! Plus the geography there is really cool like the spiral beach and Skull Lake. The Torrin Wetlands are super nice, too and full of life (and guardians). I love spending time in that region.

My favorite province without a doubt is Akkala I remember looking at it from the top of Ploymus Mountain and gliding down to it and immediately gettting Zelda II vibes from it. One of my favorite moments is seeing a Sheikah Orb out in the wild and picking it up and going around the large Spiral piece of land and placing the orb in the pedestal and then going to the Torin wetlands and seeing Vah Rudania up close and first seeing the Akkala Citadel. It remedied me of the Tower of Hera artwork from ALTTP. I also love its fall theme and its amazing scenery. My favorite moments from BOTW are in Akkala. It dosent hurt that Akkala seems to be based of the artwork of the japanese box art for LoZ. No wonder why it feels like somewhat of a 3D verison of the LoZ and Zelda II map for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom