• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Province in Skyward Sword

What is Your Favorite Province?

• Faron Province

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eldin Province

• Layranu Province

• Total voters

Skunk

Floof
I liked Lanayru because of how courageous you must be in order to make it through the desert sands. I also love the landscape litself, you could be riding in an ocean surrounded on all sides by sand

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
Had to say Faron. I hardly liked the Lanayru Province despite the dungeons, but I liked Faron the most. For me, Faron presented adventure. It felt like the most interesting to explore, even though there wasn't much to do. And the water portion! That made the province an entirely new world. I always thought the way that some portions of the water were walled off were very ominous. Anyway, I didn't care much for Eldin either. You basically just ran around a lot in Eldin.

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
Lanayru, because it had to have been the province with new things such as timeshift stones. I loved it <3 It felt so mysterious. I just wanted to be a Goron and explore that region. Ok, im getting carried away >.< xD

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Lanayru. The scenery of the area is my favorite in the game. Its hard to image myself thinking how beautiful a desert looks, but sure enough... The Temple of Time was so beautiful off in the distance with the sun gleaming on it. It gave me the urge to keep pressing forward, just so I could see it up close. I also love the concept of the shift stones and being able to see what the land was like prior to today's age in the Zelda world. Boating was quite fun and beautiful as well, albeit lacking. And the temples there are my favorites in the game. The puzzles were so intriguing as they involved both manipulating time and technology.

My least favorite is Faron. SS's style to looks applied to the woods just didn't do it for me. The music wasn't very memorable, unlike the other two provinces. And the tasks that you had to do there felt very tedious and unnecessary. Finding the kikwis was good the first time, but the second time around I was really bored. Finding the secret lake was an okay experience, but it felt lacking in reward and achievement. And then there's the tadtones. I admit it, I didn't mind the slowed down pace and relaxation of this task, what bothered me more about it was a story issue, and that's not what we're talking about here. The temples in Faron weren't all that great. They weren't bad, just not that good. One thing I really enjoyed about this province though was the field bosses. The Imprissoned and Ghirahim are my favorite bosses in SS.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
All three of the provinces have something special, but Faron was personally my favorite.

When I first arrived in Faron Woods, I was pretty impressed with the scenery and the atmosphere. It was neat the way Fi explained about the region, too. The woods seemed so full of life. It was really tranquil. Not to mention, the soundtrack is my favorite overworld theme in Skyward Sword. Much like the woods themselves, the theme sounded energetic and full of life. It really fit the woods perfectly. The sounds of the wildlife, such as the chirping of birds and the rustling of leaves, could be heard in the background as well, and that really added to the atmosphere.

Faron Woods is definitely my favorite of the three provinces. Sometimes I even go there just to kill time when I'm bored, in my completed file. That's how much I love it!

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I liked Lanayru. It was pretty cool how you had to use the time-shift stones to get somewhere in parts of the province. I also really liked the robots. They were cute!

T

tomchristie22

I felt that Lanayru had the most intrigue, and also more diversity, I guess, than the other provinces. It seemed to have more prominent sub-sections within it than the other provinces did (e.g. the sand sea, the main area with the mining facility, thunder dragon's place, cave systems). Because of that, it felt much more vast, like I could actually get lost in it. no disrespect to Faron & Eldin, which I also enjoyed.

Faron. I loved the forest area, and the addition of Lake Floria and the Sealed Grounds was cool, too. I liked the mysterious, Super Important Place vibe I got from the Sealed Temple/Sealed Grounds, and fighting the Imprisoned the first time or two was interesting. I loved all the different creatures from the birds to the Kikwis (!!!) to Faron the water dragon. It was all so pretty, too, and I loved the nature-feel it had. Lanayru second, because of the timeshift stones and the sand sea adventures (including the sandship), plus the fact it really wasn't straightforward--you had to use your head and think outside the box (like with the electric snail shells, as I call them). I didn't like the sinksand though. Eldin was just...I hate fire enemies, lava, and fire temples, and the mogmas were just annoying. The Eldin silent realm was kinda fun though, and that part of the Song of the Hero was exciting. The Fire Sanctuary was okay, though I hated having to protect Scrapper on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom