• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite President

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
Who is your favorite president?

Mine is Ronald Reagon. Others I admire; FDR, JFK, Abraham Lincoln, and George Washington.

I like these presidents primarily because they led ther country thru hard times in their time in office.

linkman8

True and Noble
George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, and my personal favorite: Thomas Jefferson.
I believe very strongly that more people need to admire our founding fathers and really look at why they wrote what they did in the Constitution. Really do some research into Thomas Jefferson. He's an amazing figure.

Who is your favorite president?

Mine is Ronald Reagon. Others I admire; FDR, JFK, Abraham Lincoln, and George Washington.

I like these presidents primarily because they led ther country thru hard times in their time in office.

I would have to agree with you on FDR, JFK, Abraham Lincoln and George Washington being my favorite presidents as well also i like Bill Clinton, but i have a huge problem with Ronald Regan. he may have led this country through tough times but the one thing i can't stand of what he did was take off the Fair Trade Act, meaning anyone can charge anything for something, which is why you see bread now a days costing $4 a loaf in one store and another $5. If the Fair Trade Act was still in effect today it would cost about $2 a loaf everywhere, thanks to inflation which is better than $4.
Correct me if im wrong on the Fair Trade Act for i only know a tad bit of info on it.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I guess we'll have to disagree. I think Reagon was a genius when it came to interaction with foriegn countries. The way he handled negotiations with Gorbachev was very tactful. I didn't like Clinton very much because of certain issues as well as a huge scandel which he handled very poorly.

Last edited:
bill clinton mine, slick willy!

Haha but in reality probably Ronald Reagan was an amazing president. It seems nowadays every president tries to live up to Reagan, and they all think what would Reagan do? Plus arming our country, and keeping us on top. Despite him and Gorbachev being leaders of enemy countries, they were able to become good friend as they were both able to relate being in similar situations.

Though he was a member of that Bohemian club, got his freak on with all those other staunch republicans. ;D

Also I liked Bush Junior, he wasn't a bad president he just had bad advisors(cheney). And FDR, he did amazing things for this country and introduced social programs.

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
In no particular order:
Reagan
Washington
Jefferson
Eisenhower
Lincoln
Coolidge
Kennedy (with reservations)
Nixon (also with reservations)

Those are all the presidents that come to mind right now. The Founding Fathers were some of the greatest men the world has ever known. Reagan was amazing for a whole slew of reasons. Coolidge was also amazing for actually putting the free market into practice. Eisenhower was a very effective leader. I don't think I need to talk about Lincoln. As for Kennedy, while he did some great things, I disagree with a number of social programs he supported. Nixon, by contrast, did some terrible things but was a genius at foreign policy and did help the country in some areas. Those are the only presidents I truly admire. I HATE both Roosevelts with every fiber of my being, along with Woodrow Wilson, some of the worst presidents we've ever had. The New Deal introduced social programs, yes, but they were hugely damaging to both the country itself and to the free market. Teddy Roosevelt, while he didn't get a chance to actually institute most of his ideas, shared some of these views with his cousin who would later be president too. Wilson's policies were the antithesis of everything America stood for, his boorish involvement in WWI and the later peace conferences certainly didn't do anything good for anyone, and he was a flaming racist, to boot.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Thomas Jefferson and James Maddison. They wrote the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution respectivly. The Declaration gained us our freedom but the Constitution garanteed our success!

On a side note, why is it that more people know who Justin Bieber is than the founding fathers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom