• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Pokemon From Each Type

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I thought this would be a cool thread. I don't really think I've seen one like this before.

You can rate them for any reason you want to. I usually like Pokemon based on design more than stats, so that's why I like most of the Pokemon I like :P

Normal: Furret - I have a personal connection with Furret ever since my best friend caught a shiny one and named it after me.
Fighting: Lucario and Blaziken - I really can chose between the two. Ever since I got into Pokemon I started growing fond of these two Pokemon, and I don't really know why. :P
Flying: Togekiss - About the same reason as Furret. :P My friend hatched the Togepi in Soul Silver and named it after me.
Poison: Gengar - I've always liked creppy dark things, and Gengar is a pretty creepy ghost. :P
Ground: Flygon - I've always like Flygon and I really have no idea why. xD
Rock: Sudowoodo - It has a silly sounding name.
Bug: Forretress, Scizor, Volcarona, Vivillon - I really like Bug types :P Forretress, Scizor, and Volcarona are cool and are the only Pokemon I like because of how the are competitively. Vivillion has a cool gimmick and it's Pokemon #666 :devil:
Ghost: Aegislash - It's a freaking possessed Sword and a Shield.
Steel: Mawile - The first time I saw Mawile I almost screamed out of fear and that's why I love it so much.
Fire: Charmander - My first starter and it's shiny form is so gorgeous <3
Water: Greninja, Azumarill - It's a Ninja Frog! :D And Azumarill is just awsome!
Grass: Venusuar, Meganium, Chesnaught: Meganium because it's my best friend's favorite starter, and Chesnaught is awesome!... I mean VENUSUAR!
Electric: Raichu, Ampharos - Raichu just looks amazing and Mega Ampharos is so majestic <3
Psychic: Espeon - Espeon is my favorite Eeveelution.
Ice: Weavile - I'm not really fond of Ice types but Weavile looks awesome. It's shiny form is even more awesome <3
Dragon: Dragonite and Zygarde - Dragonite because of my best friends and Zygarde because it's just awesome.
Dark: Umbreon, Mightyena, Absol, Darkrai, Zoroark, Houndoom, Sableye, Hydreigon, Yveltal - I just... I REALLY like dark stuff :>
Fairy: Gardevoir - I've always liked Gardevoir and with it's new Fairy typing made me love it more <3

I'll just put this for fun though

Pseudo-legendary: Metagross - Metagross has always been my favorite Pseudo legendary for some reason.
Legendary: Darkrai - Again, Dark things just interest me, and it's design and story is very dark.

Last edited:

Sheik

:the:
I barely play Pokemon competitively, so most of these are just based on design or how much I liked using them on my main playthroughs or whatever. Because most of these probably aren't competitively usable xD

Normal: Linoone- Probably my favorite beginning-game Normal type (like Ratata and Sentret). It just looks cool, and for me it wasn't bad to use, at least early on in the games.
Fighting: Sawk- Yeah, I'm pretty sure this thing is Bert from Sesame Street. Whatever, all I know is that it hits HARD.
Flying: Staraptor- Badass like no other flying type. And Close Combat? Yes, please.
Poison: Nidoking/queen- Killer.
Ground: Flygon- Cuz lulz.
Rock: Rhydon- Yes.
Bug: Heracross- This thing is a beast xD
Ghost: Dusclops- IDK.
Steel: Aggron- Aggron.
Fire: Arcanine- This Pokemon is legit in the Kanto games. Also, screw Sinnoh for barely having any Fire Pokemon.
Water: Wailord- WAAAAAAAAAIIIILOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD
Grass: Roserade- How dare you be so small.
Electric: Ampharos- It's just some... electric sheep thing and I love it.
Psychic: Gardevoir- Gardevoir.
Ice: Delibird Walrein- 'Cause Spheal is too freaking cute. Maybe I should put Spheal here instead... nah.
Dragon: Flygon- Because I can put it twice if I want to, Mom!
Dark: Houndoom- Badass devil hound. Love it.
Fairy: Floette- I was going to put Florges here instead, but since Floette had such an impact on AZ's backstory, then fine.

Ground: Flygon - I've always like Flygon and I really have no idea why. xD

You'd better. :right:

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Normal: Arceus. He's literally the God of the Pokemon universe. How much cooler can you get than that?!
Fighting: Hitmonlee. Out of the straight-up fighters he's always been the coolest to me.
Flying: Articuno, Yveltal. It was just gonna be Articuno, but Yveltal's too awesome not to be at least tied.
Poison: Seviper. He's always been my favorite Pokemon ever since I first laid eyes on him on Rt. 14.
Ground: Golurk. Legends of golems intrigue me greatly, and to see one in a Pokemon game piqued my interest.
Rock: Tyrantrum. It's a Tyrannisaurus Rex. Awesome!
Bug: Scizor. It's an iron-clad praying mantis that kicks all sorts of butt. 'Nuff said.
Ghost: Haunter. Straight-up standard ghost, I know, but I've always liked him ever since I saw that one episode where he went up against Sabrina.
Steel: Aggron. He's like an armored knight, and he earned my deep respect back when I first played Emerald and he was the only one who could put up a fight against Rayquaza.
Fire: Charizard, Ninetales, Arcanine, Ho-Oh, Volcarona, Delphox, Talonflame, Pyroar... I really like Fire types.
Water: Milotic. What a majestic creature.
Grass: Sceptile. He was my first Pokemon ever in any game, and he'll always be my favorite Grass-type.
Electric: Pikachu, Pichu, Mareep. These three are just adorable, and I can't pick out of the three.
Psychic: Mewtwo, Gardevoir. One for his sheer force and tenacity, the other for her majestic grace and beauty.
Ice: Glaceon, Kyurem-Black. Glaceon's just so adorable, and Kyurem-Black is just a badass.
Dragon: Rayquaza, Zygarde. Again, it WAS just gonna be Rayquaza, but Zygarde's too cool to not be at least tied.
Dark: Hydreigon. Nothing beats a 3-headed dark dragon.
Fairy:Mawile. I've always liked Mawile even back in Emerald, and now with the Mega evolution and secondary typing she's gone from curious gimmick to severe metagame threat.

Dimooshky

The Mauve Avenger
I'm sure I'll miss something, but here goes.

Normal: Loudred, dunno why, Whismur was one of the first Pokémon I ever caught (in Ruby), and I liked it when it evolved. But then I didn't really like Exploud.... (wut?)
Fighting: Lucario. So Badass
Flying: Ninjask. DAT PACE
Poison: Never really liked poison, so I dunno.....STUNKY. That'll do.
Ground: Donphan. I always hated the idea of Phanpy evolving (coz it's so kawaii!), but then, woah. Was also one of my favourites of Ash's Pokémon.
Rock: Cranidos. Designed on Pachycephalosaurus (Head smashing Dinosaur) - is cool.
Bug: SCYTHER. Just cool. And Mantises are cool too.
Ghost: Sableye. Dark/Ghost is good.
Steel: Skarmory. Squaaawk
Fire: Cyndaquil. Best starter evaar in my opinion. Also FIRE MOUSE BOOM.
Water: Golduck. First Lv 100 in Crystal :')
Grass: Treecko. No wait, Treecko is the best starter.....
Electric: Always loved Magnemite as a kid
Psychic: Spoink lol
Ice: Froslass, Icy Ghosty woo
Dragon: Flygon of course! (a ha ha ha (actually Dragonair) ha ha who wouldn't say Flygon??)
Dark: Absol. ABSOL. Can detect natural disasters BOOM.
Fairy: Haven't actually played X/Y yet (sorrryyy), but I like Gardevoir so sure wynauut..

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Totally didn't steal someone else's post formatting because I'm too lazy to do it myself! I'm innocent!

But here's my answers I guess. It was actually quite hard to come up with a single favourite, especially with multiple types. I didn't re-use any, otherwise they'd all fit in 2 categories basically.

Normal: Bidoof - Hell hath no fury like a beaver scorned.
Fighting: Blaziken - Carried me through Pokemon Emerald, he really did.
Flying: Charizard - Carried me through Red!
Poison: Venusaur - I'm a sucker for starters, I really am. They're always the coolest.
Ground: Flygon - Kicked all the ***!
Rock: Tyranitar - Loved that guy. My fellow Pokemon did not, getting owned by a sandstorm all the time.
Bug: Scizor - A bug made of rock. My worst nightmare.
Ghost: Gengar - Good ol' Gengar.
Steel: Lucario - I called mine Sebastion.
Fire: Arcanine - What a beaut!
Water: Gyrados - Always used the red one from Silver!
Grass: Sceptile - Another starter. My dear dear Treeky, I loved you.
Electric: Pichu - Cos Pichu.
Psychic: Gardevoir - Was my awesome psychic guy when I really needed one!
Ice: Glaceon - That Eevee thing.
Dragon: Salamance - Pretty much solo'd the Elite Four for me in Ruby whenever I needed it.
Dark: Umbreon - I called it Eric.
Fairy: Dunno yet!

Man there's a lot of Pokemon to think of...

Skunk

Floof
Normal: Arceus - because God
Fighting: Gallade - I love the whole Ralts line with so many huggles. How could I not put in Gallade here?
Flying: Xatu - the mysterious flying bird that is of the lands of awesome. Also, it sees the past and future at the same time :I
Poison: Garbodor - Garbodor is just such a cool piece of garbage I can't help but put it here.
Ground: Nidoking - The whole Nidoran Male line is really cool to me, and Nidoking is the ground type of it. So yeah. That's a thing.
Rock: Omastar - The final form of our God, Helix. Same reason as Arceus.
Bug: Genesect - Genesect is just such a neat Pokemon because of his purpleness and digital bug schtuff. You know what I'm sayin'(it's okay if you don't).
Ghost: Gastly - The best spectre of 'em all because he's all vapory and magical
Steel: Aron - Aron is totes adorbs
Fire: Reshiram - Reshiram is just so cool(well... hot would be more appropriate) looking and has such an awesome feel.
Water: Keldeo - Keldeo is totes adorbs
Grass: Shroomish - Shroomish is the bestest grass type because it is. Nuff said
Electric: Mareep - I'm not too big on Electric Types, but Mareep is cool.
Psychic: Gardevoir - Gardevoir was one of my instant favorites as soon as I got Ruby. Gardvoir has such an elegant design full of grace and passion.
Ice: Amaura - Amaura is the most wonderful thing to ever come of the fossil Pokemon because it is very weak to a lot of things and absolutely adorable.
Dragon: Dragonite - Dragonite gets a lot of slack for being so different from the rest of its line. That really doesn't matter to me because its design is still a dragon, and therefore is neat, except if it's shiny.
Dark: Skuntank - is this even a question? Skuntank is my favorite Pokemon because of his awesome design, really neat moveset, he's my favorite type, and his... special stats
Fairy: Florges - Florges is just so... unique, that I can't help but put it here.

A lot of my favorite Pokemon are ones that people don't like... hmm... that makes me has a sads...

Pen

The game is on!
Nice! I like this thread! Let's get to it!

Rock: Tyranitar, Armaldo - Rock is probably one of my least favourite elements, both there are my two favourite Rock types.
Water: Blastoise, Kingdra - Water is my favourite element and there are so many so it was pretty hard to narrow it down!
Electric: Ampharos, Eelectross - I've always been a huge fan of Ampharos' design. And Eelectross' element in combination with its ability is just wonderful!
Grass: Sceptile - It's just super cool!
Psychic: Meowstic - I've never had one in a game, but I've just grown really fond of it!
Poison: Crobat - Was this dude really just a Zubat originally?
Fire: Typhlosion - My first Pokémon ever. Obviously a great nostalgia value.
Ground: Flygon, Krookodile - Haven't used a whole lot of Ground types, but I love these!
Flying: Togekiss - A weird yet extraordinary design!
Bug: Venomoth, Armaldo - I recently started liking the Venonat family a lot for some reason. And Armaldo has been my favourite fossil since Gen III.
Normal: Castform - Always thought Normal was the weirdest element, but it does have some cool Pokémon. Castform is one of my all time favourites!
Ghost: Froslass - A superior alternative to Glalie in my opinion.
Fighting: Lucario - Probably my favourite Pokémon of them all.
Steel: Lucario - Well, yeah.
Ice: Glaceon - My favourite Eeveelution! I haven't used that many Ice types...
Dragon: Kingdra, Haxorus - I prefere the non-pseudo legendary Dragons over the pseudo legendary.
Dark: Greninja - Now I'm really looking forward to playing as Greninja in Smash Bros!
Fairy: Togekiss, Slurpuff - Don't they look cuddly! Flipping love them!

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Normal: Furrett. It's the same height as me. And it's so cute.
Fire: Arcanine
Fighting: Mankee. I used to have the figurine.
Water: Blastoise. My guy's favorite is Blastoise. I always name mine after him.
Flying: Pidgeotto. Original, yo! (Pidgeotto has always had a better name than Pidgeot, IMO)
Grass: Bulbasaur. My original starter.
Poison: Nidoran
Electric: Pickachu
Ground: Sandshrew
Rock: Onyx
Psychic: Gardevior
Ice: Articuno
Bug: Vivillon
Dragon: Dragonair
Ghost: Gengar
Dark: Umbreon, Absol, Sneasel, Houndour, Hydreigon, Zoroark (my favorite type)
Steel: Aegislash
Fairy: Sylveon

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Normal: Eevee
Fighting: Gallade
Fairy: Togeikiss
Steel: Mawile
Grass: Leafeon
Water: Swampert
Electric: Ampharos
Rock: Tyranitar
Psychic: Gardevoir
Dark: Umbreon
Ghost: Aegislash
Ice: Glaceon
Dragon: Salamence
Bug: Forretress
Ground:Flygon
Poison: Venusaur
Flying: Swellow
Fire: Cyndaquil

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
For me... Hmmm...

Normal: Persian. Hey, I'm a sucker for cats and they look like cougars. Also, if you train them right as Meowths, you get PayDay, an attack that gives you money. I wish my cat could give me money in real life.

Fighting: Not sure. I think Lucario is kind of neat, but I also really like Pangoro.

Fairy: Sylveon. It evolves from an Eevee through sheer LOVE! How cool is that? My Sylveon is the biggest butt-kicker, too.

Steel: Ageislash. I just love a heroic sword, especially one that can carry its own shield.

Grass: Gogoat. Goats normally eat grass. This one is made of grass. Also, it has horns like the handlebars on a motorcycle.

Water: Probably Greninja. Gyarados is pretty cool, too.

Electric: Manectrike. (However you spell it... the electric dog with the pompadour).

Rock: I honestly haven't worked with the Rock type very much, but I'm going to say "All of the Fossil-pokemon" because I like that they've come from out of deep time.

Psychic: Espurr and Meowstic. I find some pathos in their 'dex entries about not being able to control their powers and the shock-looks on their faces of creatures just barely keeping it together. I also like how their power comes out of centers in their ears.

Dark: I style myself as Dark Pokemon Mistress. I love all the dark types, but if I had to choose just one, I'd say Umbreon because their 'Dex entries make me think they are very noble. Poor, misunderstood creatures who only want to warn people of coming disaster!

Ghost: Phantump. They're adorable and sad. I like the idea that, by pokemon training, I'm giving the spirit of a lost child some much needed love. I also like how the twigs on their heads make them look like they have horns. I named the one I keep in my Y game "Ico" - (those who can get the reference should appreciate it).

Ice: I haven't worked with this type much. I'm tempted to say Articuno, even though I've never trained one, just because it's pretty. I like the design on the Avalug, but I haven't evolved one yet.

Dragon: Haxorous. It's got a BATTLEAXE FOR A FACE!

Bug: I'm rather fond of my Combee and Vespequeen pair.

Ground: The Sandile line... I forget at the moment what the evolutions are called. Ground/Dark, and their eyes look like sunglasses.

Poison: I rather like the Trubbish and Garbedor, because... they're living BAGS OF TRASH. I just find that funny.

Flying: Talonflame. They're so fierce-looking and the one I raised is fierce-fighting. They're birds on fire, but they can be raised up from a common creature... you don't have to seek out Legendaries to get one.

Fire: Pyroar - for personal reasons. Long ago, back when there were only 151 Pokemon and I was a fan of the anime side of things, I created a fake'mon that was a fire-lion. So, seeing the Pyroar was like seeing my old dream come true. Finally!

Legendary: I am quite fond of Yveltal, currently. It's a Grim Reaper pokemon and I'm fond of "Grim Reaper" type characters all across the worlds of fiction. It's also a Legendary for my favorite type (Dark), with another favorite (Flying) as another type.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
  • Normal: Zangoose
  • Fire: Blaziken
  • Water: Swampert
  • Grass: Sceptile
  • Electric: Ampharos
  • Rock: LORD HELIX Diancie
  • Ground: Zygarde
  • Ice: Regice
  • Flying: Talonflame
  • Fighting: Blaziken
  • Psychic: Latios
  • Poison: Seviper
  • Bug: Shedinja
  • Ghost: Aegislash
  • Dragon: Salamence
  • Steel: Metagross
  • Dark: Malamar
  • Fairy: Spritzee

Last edited:

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I'll do it in sort of a favorite type at the top order, (but after you get past bug and grass, the rest are pretty much equal to me)
(and since some of my faves have dual type, I will only list them once- unless there are no others in that type)

Ghost - Practically all of them, but if I had to choose, then I'd say the Gengar trio. (all three of them tie for me)
Dark - Yveltal or Zoroark. Darkrai I have much love for too. (Non legenday, probably Houndoom, Sneasel, or Sableye)
Poison - Scolipede. (I also like the Snakes, but not as much as Scolipede)
Bug - Scolipede. There really aren't any bugs I like as much as him.
Grass - Jalorda. (Serperior)#497 - My MOST FAVORITE Starter final evo. (Though Greninja is a close second) Gourgeist would be here, but I think of him more of Ghost, and would go with the ghost types.
Water - Greninja. (ESPECIALLY shiny) It's a Water/Dark, and can have Protean. Pretty awesome design, too. I love its shiny. <3
Fire - Charizard. (ESPECIALLY shiny) I also like Typhlosion and Blaziken, but Shiny Charizard beats them both.
Electric - Denryu/Ampharos. I grew fond of them. Don't like the Mega though. (I don't like the ball-shaped, segmented "ears" it gets)
Psychic - Probably Espeon.
Flying - Noivern... or Gliscor or Crobat. But I really do like Noivern a lot. (I like bats)
Ground - Flygon. I have a deep, explainable love for Nat.Dex#330. A close second would be Sandslash or Marowak
Rock - Probably Tyranitar. And Anorith because he's really cute.
Ice - Froslass. She's a ghost. :3 ...I like Sneasel too, but he's already listed. I also like Cloyster.
Steel - Aggron, Mawile, or the Honedge trio.
Dragon - Flygon comes to mind again. But I also like Giratina a lot, Dragalge, and ONLY the shiny (black/red) Haxorus. Shiny Rayquaza is also among my top likes.
Fighting - Pangoro and Lucario. That's pretty much it.
Normal - Don't really like normal types.... Braviary if I had to choose... but Kangaskhan is okay too...
Fairy - I have a rather strong distaste for Fairy types, but If I had to choose one, it would be Mawile, because Mawile is cool.... BUT I do NOT think it is a Fairy type in the least. If ANYTHING, I would say it was a Dark type, by looking at it. Steel/Dark type I think would suit that Pokemon design better.

So yup, there be my list. :3

Haxorous. It's got a BATTLEAXE FOR A FACE!
xD

I love it.
That quote is amazing.

Last edited:

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Normal: Snorlax
Fighting: Machamp
Fairy: Sylveon
Steel: Steelix
Grass: Sceptile
Water: Squirtle
Electric: Electabuzz
Rock: Tyranitar
Psychic: Alakazam (my personal favorite!)
Dark: Hydreigon
Ghost: Haunter
Ice: Articuno
Dragon: Dragonite (King Dragon type. Youre argument is invalid)
Bug: Galvantula
Ground: Marowak
Poison: Muk
Flying: Pidgeot
Fire: Charizard

Guess I prefer Gen I a little :P.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I've changed mine since my last post.

Normal: Meloetta
Grass: Venusaur/Lilligant
Fire: Volcanion
Water: Rotom-W
Electric: Ampharos
Dark: Zoroark
Ghost: Aegislash
Ground: Nidoking
Steel: Scizor
Rock: AGGRON
Bug: Heracross
Fighting: Lucario
Flying: Braviary
Dragon: Mega Charizard X
Fairy: Jigglypuff :right:
Poison: Toxicroak
Psychic: Mewtwo

Normal-Dunsparce, Miltank-Normal are ok, most of mine usually fall behind the rest of the pack the longer I go on
Flying-Doduo, Unfezant-Fly and Tri Attack For the Win!
Psychic-Sigilyph, Raltz line-I'm not fond of psychic but these are good ones
Fire-Vulpix, Arcanine, Litleo, Pyroar, Ponyta/Rapidash-I love Fire Types
Water-Squirtle/Wartortle, Azumarill, Mantine,Lapras-dunno why they retconned it into a stupid fairy type, if your gonna make a new type gamefreak make all new pokemon to go with don't shoehorn existing types in. Water Types are mah favorites!
Grass-Grovyle, Deerling, Cottonee,Gogoat-some of the few Grass types I actually like
Electric-Raichu,Flaafy,Emolga,Elekid-I like Electric types but I love these ones most
Steel-Aron, Skarmory-what a little tank! This pokemon hardly faints even in gyms it would have a disadvantage at and deals sick damage! Aron's the best!
Ground-Dugtrio-I don't like Ground types much, but this is one I love, mine even wiped the floor with Misty
Rock-Roggenrola line don't like Rock types much either until they came along
Bug-Heracross, Butterfree, Pineco, Pinsir, Ninjask/Shedinja-not crazy about Bug, they're mostly wimpy.
Dark-Sandile line, Sableeye, Absol, Zorua-I know Sandile is a Ground/Dark, but I've not had a lot of Dark types so...
Fairy-stupid fairy types. Dedenne is pretty cute though and might be the only one alongside Sylveon that I'd consider getting
Ice-Dewgong, Lapras, Swinub-Ice types are my one exception to being kinda wimpy, no matter how often they faint I love them to bits
Dragon-Dratini/Dragonair, Charzard-I have very few Dragons. It's so sad! I'm so deprived!
Fighting-Riolu/Lucario, Machop line,Makuhita-Riolu's so cute and Lucario rocks! Machop line is always a winner with me and Makuhita is very good.
Ghost-Dunno if I have a fave yet...but Honedge is SOOO cool! Want!
Legendary-haven't caught one yet but I like the look of Darkrai, Articuno, Suicune and Yveltal best
Eeveelution-Eevee, Vaporeon, Glaceon, Umbreon
Poison-Seviper poison are ok, this one's a beast!
Fossil-Tyrunt line-Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the coolest fossil of them all? Tyrunt of course! Don't have one yet but you can never go wrong with a T-Rex

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom