• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Favorite or Best Quote from MM

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Reading through some of the threads and theories on here, I thought I'd make a post about the quotes from MM.

Whether it's something really quirky and funny like Tingle's magic words or something that makes you think about life a little deeper than you should, MM is filled with some interesting dialogue.

Post some that you find interesting and discuss!

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I personally liked all the quotes from the Moon Children. My favourite would be Twinmold Child's quote: "Your true face... what kind of... face is it? I wonder... the face under the mask... is that... your true face?

Sheik

:the:
Majora's Mask has without a doubt some of my favorite dialogue in the series. While I can hardly remember any lines from other Zelda games, like TP and SS, some of MM's lines will stay with me forever. Choosing one will prove to be difficult.

There's always the simple yet powerful dialogue from the Moon Children, such as “Your friends… What kind of… people are they? I wonder… Do those people… think of you… as a friend?" and "What makes you happy... Does it make… others happy, too?".

The Happy Mask Salesman has some great lines, too, such as the legendary "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" and the aphorismic "Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time... That is up to you."

I also quite like this quote from Igos du Ikana: "Haven't you begun to understand? The kingdom being ruined and us left in this state... Isn't it petty, little battles like this that have caused it?" This line is the moment where Igos transforms into a truly admirable character, having found realization as to why his kingdom is in the state it is. Knowing he can't remedy it himself, he gives Link the Elegy of Emptiness so that he may be able to stand a chance.

But even after all of these, I think my true favorite quote is as follows: "To die without leaving a corpse... That is the way of us Garo.". Subsequently the Garo that speaks that blows himself up. I can't even begin to describe this. This single piece of dialogue and the action that occurs immediately after solidifies the Garo as the most badass race in the Zelda series (imo).

I've got a few favorites. "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" is of course iconic. Pamela telling her father he had been dreaming after Link heals him is another. But if I have to choose one, it might be what the moon-child wearing Majora's Mask says to you as you initiate the final boss fight:

"Let's play good guys against bad guys…Yes, let's play that. Are you ready? You're the bad guy. And when you're bad, you just run."

It's one of the creepiest things I've ever heard a villain say, and it's creepy on a lot of levels. First off, it speaks to a very childlike mentality, which is kind of a terrifying thing to find in an ancient evil like Majora. Then there's the fact that the world-destroying entity you're trying to stop has such a skewed sense of right and wrong that it's calling you the bad guy. Finally, there's the chilling, quiet threat in the last line, which I love precisely because it is so understated. There's no threat of violence, no taunting. Majora is just quietly saying that it wants to kill you, and that you're gonna have a hard time stopping it.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
"A puppet that can no longer be used is mere garbage. This puppet's role has just ended..."
— Majora's Mask

Yeah my favorite quote is that, Majora's Mask finally reveals that the whole time Skull Kid was the puppet being used by the spirit in the mask.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom