• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Opening Cutscene

Which game had the best opening cutscene?

• Minish Cap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wind Waker

• Link's Awakening

• Legend of Zelda

• Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Majora's Mask

• Other

• Total voters

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Okay the title explains the purpose of the thread so... it's dangerous to go to Youtube alone! Watch these!

Legend of Zelda

Adventure of Link

A Link to the Past

Link's Awakening

Ocarina of Time

Majora's Mask

Oracle of Ages

Oracle of Seasons

Wind Waker

Four Swords

Four Swords Adventures

Minish Cap

Twilight Princess

Phantom Hourglass

Spirit Tracks

Honestly I like them all quite a lot but I think Minish Cap blows them all out of the water. After all the music really sets the mood right as though you were listening to an ancient story, the windows are epic, and really the story itself is quite epic. What do you think?

NES

Awesome
Definitely MM. I'm not very far in the game at all, but the beginning cut scene seemed to set the mood -- dark and mysterious. I was always curious about Skull Kids and this cut scene just digs into your skin because you get to find out what happens to Link after the epicness of OoT. I also enjoy the adorable storytelling type of openings like in WW and PH.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I clicked ST, but I meant MM. It was creative. I liked that one the most out of all of them.

WW. Definitely WW. I loved the old tapestry feel (I know that ST does the same thing, but I just liked the WW one more) and the story it was telling, and the music was simply epic.

I loved the opening of Wind Waker the most as well. I liked it for the same reason as lonely_moon stated. I loved the style and the storytelling. And the music was wonderful.

M

majoraskullkid

I like the opening cutscene of Wind Waker the best, because it has a good music, and a good storytelling. (The same as lonely moon and josephII)

octorok74

TETTAC
I had to choose other, because TP was not an option. I did like TP's opening cutscene, because it reminded me of when I was younger and me and my parents would sit out on the deck for long periods of time. Any game that can do that will win my vote, so that is why TP rules.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I liked Majora's Mask.
The intro was typically set up for a sequel game to the Ocarina of Time.
Gets my vote.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I liked ALttP's introduction the best, actually. First, you're told the history of Hyrule. Then, there's a telepathic cry for help on a rainy night... you're told to stay behind, but you have to disobey in order to progress. You search for an entrance, and find your uncle having fallen to the enemies... you sneak into the castle, get Zelda out through the sewers, and emerge in Sanctuary.

That is one heck of an opening sequence. It seems so epic... if it were in 3-D on a modern console, it would be even more amazing.

I liked ALttP's introduction the best, actually. First, you're told the history of Hyrule. Then, there's a telepathic cry for help on a rainy night... you're told to stay behind, but you have to disobey in order to progress. You search for an entrance, and find your uncle having fallen to the enemies... you sneak into the castle, get Zelda out through the sewers, and emerge in Sanctuary.

That is one heck of an opening sequence. It seems so epic... if it were in 3-D on a modern console, it would be even more amazing.

I was about to jump up and scream ST on this one (maybe because it's fresh in my mind), but your post made me think twice. Looking back, that opening was probably the most absorbing I've ever seen. Seeing it in 3D would be even better, you're right. Just the story of how evil had already conquered EVERYTHING was enough to get you to want to play.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Majora's Mask. There's just something oddly wonderful about that scene. Maybe it's the mysterious atmosphere of the fog covered woods, the unearthly fall into Termina, the unnerving transformation into a Deku, or perhaps it's that eerie Happy Mask Salesman. I've always found that the MM opening really set the mood for the rest of the game by throwing at you a confusing jumble of supernatural traveling and the hopeless feeling of being trapped in another body. It was creepy, spooky, and very mood setting, not to mention the fact that it perfectly sets up for the startling transition into the cheerful Clock Town, a mood change that feels so jarringly sudden that it adds to the overall mystic feel about the whole game.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
I believe I love the TP one the most.
The whole serene, kind of misty setting with Rusl and Link talking... it's just really nolstalgic, it reminds me of my younger days when I'd go camping with my folks. C:
Plus, I love calm settings in Zelda games, they give you peace before entering a dungeon or killing off some Bulbins. -shot-

SO, Twilight Princess gets my vote. I was hooked from that scene and on.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I really like the one from Majora's Mask. It's so... mysterious? I can't think of the proper word, but I really like it...
I also wanted to pick The Wind Waker. That opening scene telling the story of Ocarina of Time, and the events in between, paired with that music... makes a perfect scene.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Wnd waker and Majora's Mask are my favorites. I like the sroy telling begin in Windwaker that explains what happened between Ocarina of Time up to the present day. Majora's Mask was cool because you immediatly think you know what your quest is (finding Navi) and Skull kid changes everything.

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
I love the WW theme so I really enjoy it and when they start to tell the legend, oh I just love that suddenly the music change and they show Link.
I also love MM opening, kind of weird and mysterious...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom