• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite One of Link's Various Shields.

My favorite shield in the Zelda series is probably the mirror shield from Ocarina of Time because it looked very cool on link.:)

I can't choose between the Goddess Shield (SS,) The Hylian Shield (SS especially,) and the Mirror Shield (MM especially.)

DJY

Have to love the classic Oot Hylian Sheild. There is just something about it that makes you want to go on an adventure!

Pinkfish11

Korean language student
I love the skyward sword shields. Mainly the final upgrade of the wooden shield, iron shield, and divine shield (pretty much all of them ;)).

I love the design of the Hylian Shield. It matches the Master Sword. At the same time, the Mirror Shield has the ability to deflect. ...I'll go with Hylian.

They all have a nice touch to them, but they are all heater/kite shields (which are visually the most appealing in my opinion). I would have liked to see Link try his luck with a tower shield or more realistically as a swordsman, a buckler (Link needs to do some swashbuckl'n).

The Goddess shield from SS was lovely, but it broke instantly on me at full upgraded power at the end of the game when I finally went to use it, so that kind of makes it loose ratings with me. The Hylian Shield is the classic; there is a reason in every game it is in you usually upgrade to it, after all. I am always satisfied and I feel my arsenal is complete when i finally have it. I love seeing the new shield designs in the beginning (such as oridon, Deku, skyloft, etc - the town you start off from), but you know you've "finally made it" when you've got that Hylian Shield on your back.
But which one of those was my favorite? I would say Twilight princess, while Majora's Mask's version would be m least fav. Hylian Sheild.

I have always loved the mirror shield from Majora's mask its so sick and evil looking but always used for good, along with the guilded sword the mirror shield looks perfect!

Pen

The game is on!
Definitely the traditional Hylian Shield. It's simple and can block fire. And it looks really good too! I especially liked it in Skyward Sword because there it was A LOT better than the other shields, it was unbreakable! In other games it's always been my favourite (I even like it more than any of the Mirror Shields) but in Skyward Sword it really was epic!
485px-Hylian_Shield_SS.png

J

jsorensen

Hylian shield from Ocarina of Time! I have a tattoo of it on my chest, I never leave home unequipped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom