• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Ocarina of TIme Soundtrack

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
you know the whistle of warp is from zelda 1, right? And mario ripped it from that?
Oh dang fr? :shrug:

I'm not hating on the soundtrack because I'm not the hugest OoT fan tbh, my only real issues are Kakariko and the title theme. Each soundtrack has a couple of songs that I don't like, for example I don't really like Ilia's theme all that much.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Oh dang fr? :shrug:

I'm not hating on the soundtrack because I'm not the hugest OoT fan tbh, my only real issues are Kakariko and the title theme. Each soundtrack has a couple of songs that I don't like, for example I don't really like Ilia's theme all that much.
it sounds like you don't like more peaceful relaxed pieces generally, which is okay because we all have different tastes in music
that's why I recommended listening to it in 6/8 time, because it makes it sound a little faster paced and a bit syncopated
(normally it would be like, 1+2+3+ 1+2+3+ 1+2+3+ 1+2+ then the melody plays, try hearing 1+a2+a1+a2+a1+a2+a1+a2 melody)
the melody coming in on beat 5 instead of beat 3 reduces the rigid waltz-like quality of the piece

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Oh, there’s so much good stuff here...
OoT’s soundtrack as you make your way through the game is perfectly atmospheric and I think it deserves recognition for even that. The Lost Woods, Shadow Temple, and Zora’s Domain tracks, while not my all time favorite pieces in the game, set a wonderful atmosphere for the adventure.

I’ll be honest and say that I think this version of Kakariko is a bit overrated, and whileI have loads of nostalgia for Hyrule Field, I’ve never found it particularly musically attractive. I love the minigame themes (shooting gallery and horse racing) and most of the ocarina warp songs. As for my absolute favorite, it’s tied between the upbeat Gerudo Valley and the beautiful title theme.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
This may not be my absolute favorite track in the game, but the end credits theme stands out to me. I have only beaten Ocarina of Time twice, but both times almost brought me to tears because of how well the song fits the bitter-sweet ending.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Any of the Ocarina warp songs, though Requiem of Spirit would be my top pick.

Ganondorf's battle theme cleverly utilizes a 23/16 meter which the contemporary jazz fan in me has a deep appreciation for. Melody is decent too, clearly inspired by Ganon's theme from A Link to the Past.

Forest Temple and Spirit Temple are both surprisingly great standalone tracks, which for a dungeon theme is pretty rare imo. Spirit Temple in particular, with its Egyptian inspired melody and instrumentation, is among my favourite pieces in the series.

As for area themes, I would probably give it to Kokiri Forest, which seems rather underappreciated from what I've seen.

As a whole, OoT's soundtrack isn't top tier as far as Zelda games go, but it's still incredibly solid. Which honestly just goes to show how great the music of Zelda is.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
" yeah I dislike oot ain't i quirky " but yeah I don't dislike it because it's popular I just think it's on a pedestal it doesn't deserve or at least on the wrong one I got a lot of reasons that I won't get over and mikey doesn't like that I have a differing opinion :P
it's not that I don't like that you have the wrong opinion, I just think it'll change in a few years if you keep an open mind

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Listening to Kakariko to remind myself why I don't like it, and the guitar and harmonica clash awfully. Also it sounds like 1000 false starts to me because I heard TP Kakariko first.

Gorozoron

wild ride
it's not that I don't like that you have the wrong opinion, I just think it'll change in a few years if you keep an open mind
Dude can you like not, My opinion isn't wrong , and my opinion will not change and I find that it a bore and a empty game that people fill in with their nostalgia and even if it does it'll probably be harsher

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom