• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Ocarina of TIme Soundtrack

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
It depends what mood I'm in. I have way too much fun playing hyrule field on the piano because it's a very involved piece with a lot of movement, so I like it a lot
Gerudo valley is great too, and kakariko village is sometimes what I want to hear.
Ocarina songs are pretty great too, I think the minuet of forest and serenade of water are my favorites

Inside Ganon's Castle!

I love Ganondorf's theme a whole lot, and I love the incredible amount of variation and fluorishes that they managed to do with the same basic notes and chord progression for the whole thing. Great build up and, the way it was handled is actually a huge inspiration to me in how I would consider composing my own tracks if I ever made a game: building off the same notes or motif and just progressively expand upon it.

A long time ago I tried arranging this for piano (Ganondorf played it on his organ so I thought, YES, I must do this and then wear a cape as I play it). I spent a lot of time improvising for what corners to cut so I could physically play it, and I got about as far as 2:33 in my arrangement. The previous section was hard enough for me to play with my tiny ass hands and crossing over and jumping around is hard for me to do on black keys, so after realizing how far (and fast) some of these notes after 2:33 were I was just like... didn't think it was possible to reimagine these notes in a way I could physically play and never got around to it.

Still a great song though. Makes ascending the tower in OoT so heavy and great. Savor walking up those stairs every time.

The Title Theme is just genius. Taking the whistle from Zelda 1 and turning into this melancholic, beautiful track is just masterful, and to open the game with this beautiful track...it renews my faith in Nintendo and Zelda continuously even though I have literally no nostalgia for OoT and don't even really like the game.

ArchAngel217

Spoonman, come together with your hands, save meee
In your head, in your head. Zombie zombie zombie.
The Title Theme is just genius. Taking the whistle from Zelda 1 and turning into this melancholic, beautiful track is just masterful, and to open the game with this beautiful track...it renews my faith in Nintendo and Zelda continuously even though I have literally no nostalgia for OoT and don't even really like the game.
Yeah, I love the Title Theme.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Any of the Ocarina songs mainly. The rest are good but nothing to write home about with two exceptions:
Ganon's Castle is really good
Kakariko Village is really bad

Mikey the Moblin

Any of the Ocarina songs mainly. The rest are good but nothing to write home about with two exceptions:
Ganon's Castle is really good
Kakariko Village is really bad
WOAH
WOAH
AND
WOAH

YOU CAN'T JUST DO KAKARIKO DIRTY LIKE THAT

also, do you really not like hyrule field? I feel like it's really close between oot and tp as to which theme is better, but I usually give oot the edge

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
WOAH
WOAH
AND
WOAH

YOU CAN'T JUST DO KAKARIKO DIRTY LIKE THAT

also, do you really not like hyrule field? I feel like it's really close between oot and tp as to which theme is better, but I usually give oot the edge
Kakariko is very bland imo. The basic theme is done better in several other songs, mainly Ordon Village and BotW Kakariko.

Hyrule Field is also pretty good, I guess I just forgot to list it. Not as good as TP's tho.

Mikey the Moblin

Kakariko is very bland imo. The basic theme is done better in several other songs, mainly Ordon Village and BotW Kakariko.

Hyrule Field is also pretty good, I guess I just forgot to list it. Not as good as TP's tho.
if you think kakariko is bland, try listening to it as though it were in 6/8 and not 3/4, that might pep it up for you a bit
also listen to the guitar cover from a link between worlds, so lovely

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom