• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Favorite NSMB Game

Favorite NSMB game?

• New Super Mario Bros.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Super Mario Bros. U

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • New Super Luigi U

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With the release of New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe next month, I thought I'd ask people what their favorite New Super Mario Bros. game is. Everyone's played at least one of these. While often called derivative, I still find them decently fun.

New Super Mario Bros. U is actually my favorite of the bunch. I think the level design is pretty good with the best looking worlds of the sub-series and a fully connected map. The addition of baby Yoshi's and a challenge mode were also welcome additions.

So what's your favorite of the bunch?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
New Super Mario Bros Wii is my favorite.
Pretty much due to the memories associated with it.

My brother and I played the entire game together. And for some reason we really got stuck on that final Bowser fight (which was pretty interesting for a Bowser fight). It felt so good when we finally beat him.

Im not a huge fan of the series and they all came out way too fast but I'd probably say the first game on DS because it felt fresh at the time and i enjoyed stomping around with the Mega Mushroom.

I may change my mind when I play U Deluxe because i've only played a few levels of U originally.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
nsmbw
I never owned a ds when I was younger so to see that nsmb was coming to the wii, I was ecstatic as all hell, and when I did get it, I played the frick out of it, im only missing star coins from the rainbow road levels

None of them actually.
I feel 2D Mario lost it's charm in the new era. The whole idea of race to the finish before the time runs out was exhilarating. Even in Super Mario World (which I don't like that much) made alternate paths in stages fun and not that out of the way. Unlike the New 2D Mario games where you have to explore every part of the stages to find the alternate paths. This exploration conflicts with the race to the finish mentality of 2D Mario. Time pressures while exploring is just not fun at all.

Also many of the stages are just not as fun as they could be.
I do think the New 2D Mario games look really good though. The WiiU game looks great. I did finish it on WiiU. I didn't play much of the Luigi DLC though.

I really do think Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World are far superior games. I do think Nintendo needs to re-release Super Mario All Stars on Switch. But add in a classic mode also. So we can choose the NES or SNES looks.

Quin

Disaster Master
This first one, the mega shroom, the koopa shell, the minigames, and it lacked the dumb twirl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom