• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Favorite Newcomer

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

Who's your favorite newcomer?

• Inkling

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Daisy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ridley

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Simon Belmont/Richter Belmont

• Chrom

• Dark Samus

• King K. Rool

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Isabelle

• Ken

• Incineroar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now that Smash Ultimate's been out for a week and a half and everyone has had the chance to experiment with the newcomers, I'm curious who your favorite addition to the roster is.

My vote is definitely for King K. Rool. I'm glad to see a heavy character with a great recovery and useful projectile, and some unique balance to make sure he's not OP like super armor on his belly and the ability for his crown to fall off as an item.

So who's your favorite newcomer?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
king k rool im very much happy is finally in smash, he was a big part in the dk series an his appearance in a smash bros game is long overdue

however in terms of actually playing someone, the belmonts have my pick, they were pretty fun from what little I've played

It's really hard for me to choose. Apart from Isabelle, I really love the newcomer lineup, even though Incineroar still wouldn't have been my personal first choice when it came to a gen VII newcomer. I'm really digging the Castlevania boys inclusion in Smash, and they have a pretty unique ranged style. Inkling is really neat too, but I'm not very good with her. The ink mechanic is a little too complicated for my tastes and I don't want to think too hard about stuff like that while I'm playing. A lot of Smash 4's DLC characters (who are newcomers for me too since I didn't buy the DLC) are needlessly complicated like that too, which bums me out.

Though I think K Rool and Ridley are probably my favorites above everyone else. Reptile squad represent over here. I've had the best luck picking them up and I don't normally play heavies, but they're both incredibly versatile. K Rool hits hard and and Ridley hits fast. Both have very impressive air game, which I like a lot.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Without a doubt it’s Isabelle. I’m getting the hang of how she works and she’s really fun to use. The fishing rod is super fun and the set ups she can do with it and her down special are great as well. Her air game is pretty good, too, and her side smash is a great launcher. She’s my favorite newcomer, with Chrom being second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom