• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Names

Claire

The Geekette
Cool thread.

But, if i dont really like my name. im used to it but it is just so boring! I like the names nikki, lizzy, hope, pace` and patience. but for boys i like the name randy and liam!

Liam is by far my favorite name for a boy, or Colin. I think Liam Nelson is a nice name. :)
I can't help my love for Irish names!

My favourite girls' names are Dawn, Natasha, Renee, Rayne and Carrie.

Boys' names would probably be Matthew, Lee and Xavier.

I prefer uncommon names to common ones, but giving someone an unusual name is really risky because you don't know how people are going to react. Will they like it or make fun of it?

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I love pretty names. As a child, I really wanted to name my kids Jade, Arianna, or Tanya. Not sure what Caleb thinks of those though. And like Claire, I totally have no boys names picked out!

But I totally agree with the weird names thing. I love those names ^ but I don't know that they aren't safe from being weird. But common names are rather dull. My name, Michelle, is super common and I've known tons of people with my name. So I'd like to pick names that are different, but not torturous.

Last edited:

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
For boys names, I've always really liked the name Francis. Mostly because of St. Francis of Assisi, who I've admired very much. Other than that, I also like Roy, Mathew, and John.

As for girls names, maybe Lucia (great grandmother's name), Marie, or Claire.

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
Liam is by far my favorite name for a boy, or Colin. I think Liam Nelson is a nice name. :)
I can't help my love for Irish names!

Well I actually had that be my favorite guy name because well, there is a guy in my school named Liam :P. And you are right about the Irish names like Charlotte, Riley, Kyle *wait a sec, is that an Irish name?* but Liam is my favorite^^

I do have a lot of names I like, though I really like my name (Owen) and never really wanted to change it.

Favorite male names: Lester, Loki, Seth, Aaron, Osborne, Alister, Vincent, Ulric, Griffin, Jericho...

Favorite female names: Beatrice, Lilly, Kanna, Sakura, Sera, Celeste, Gwendolyn, Sherise, Eliza, Faye...

Though Beatrice is my all-time favorite name. Period. Followed by Lester and Loki.

There could easily be others I'm not thinking of.

Stella3000

Starlight
Hm....well I like a lot of names. Some of my favorites are:

Stacie, Britney, Ashly, Seth, Jason, Lilly, Max, Will, Lynn, Silas, Sara, and Jessica.

I like others as well but I can't seem to remember them at the moment. ^.^'

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Well...
I guess I like my name (Alex) but it seems pretty common, so my favourite boy name is Zac, (yay, a friend of mine) and my favourite girl name would be Dawn, from Pokemon. :)

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
Favorite male names: Lester, Loki, Seth, Aaron, Osborne, Alister, Vincent, Ulric, Griffin, Jericho...

Favorite female names: Beatrice, Lilly, Kanna, Sakura, Sera, Celeste, Gwendolyn, Sherise, Eliza, Faye...

All of those names are great. My niece is named Gwendolyn, so I have a special affection for it now. I'd never thought of calling someone Jericho before. I like it :)

All of those names are great. My niece is named Gwendolyn, so I have a special affection for it now. I'd never thought of calling someone Jericho before. I like it :)
Heh, glad you like them. ^^

Ooh, neat. I say cherish having someone you know who has a cool name; you get to say it often. :xd:

I tend to notice neat or unusual names since I'm writer, and more so, a fantasy writer. I didn't list it earlier, but I also love the name "Lucifer" (I didn't list it because of what it means to most people... >_< )

T

Turien Took

Boy names: I love the name David, for some odd reason. Damian too.
Girl names: Lucy, Elizabeth, Cara, or Linzie.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
In this thread some nice names have popped up. Lenora, Amelie and Epona are all very beautiful names on a girl/woman/horse etc. Chris is a male name I like, it is the name of my best friend so it has importance to me. I like a lot of names and it is for me impossible to chose just one or two. My name is Jimmy and I also like that, would never change it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom