• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Musical?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I saw some of the Lion King musical on YouTube and it looked grand. However I have never experienced a musical for myself.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Sound of Music. =D I know I'm lame, but I love that one. Its got a great story, the music is beautiful, and I've actually not seen that many good musicals so this is the best musical I've seen. XD

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I have seen more than I've wanted to because of choir. My favorite is probably Sweeney Todd for some reason. We didn't watch it in choir, by the way. My mom is just a huge Johnny Depp fan.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sweeney Todd. One of my favourite movies of all time, really is an amazing movie, even if the bit with Ali G's character is a big cringing, what happens to him... very graphic. :P

And in second, Grease. :D

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Definitely Sweeney Todd. I love gory movies, and Sweeney Todd combines gore with singing, and it's really good. We played the music for Sweeney Todd in band class, and I developed a soft spot for it. Plus, Johnny Depp is an amazing singer.

I also absolutely adore The Lion King. I first watched it 9 years ago, and I never get tired of it. Each song is amazing and catchy, and the story is great! When I first saw the movie, I admittedly cried when Simba's father died (sorry, spoiler alert).

Fiddles

The Stick
Mine would be Grease, because the music is catchy and I performed in a community ensemble several years ago as Teen Angel. It was too much fun. :D

My favorite musical would have to be RENT. Not quite sure why, but I really like the setting, theme, message, and especially, the music. It's also one of the very few musicals I've actually seen, so there's that...

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
This is a tough one.

I've seen West Side Story and Sweeney Todd, both in movie format, but never live. I hope I can see either live someday. That would be pretty cool.

I did get to see Green Day's American Idiot live back in May this year. It was really not much more than a full listen through of the CD, with a couple of songs from 21st Century Breakdown, but it actually told a really good story. Not only that, but the story it told was the story that Green Day was communicating when they wrote the American Idiot CDs. Now obviously, it won't appeal to no fans, but to those who do enjoy Green Day, it's definitely worth seeing if you ever have the chance to see it. And that makes it my favorite musical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom