• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Music Genres

What is Your Fav Music Genre

• Pop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rock

• Heavy Metal

• Rap

• Hip-Hop

• Jazz

• Classical

• Electronic

• Classic Rock

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I listen to everything except for modern country music but my favorites...

1. Pop/Soft Rock (OneRepublic, The Fray, Snow Patrol)
2. Electronic = House, Drum and Bass, Dubstep, Trance (Feed Me, Knife Party, Pendulum, Avicii)
3. Alternative Rock, Punk, Pop Punk (Foo Fighters, Green Day, Paramore) [lol, kinda random grouping, I know]
4. Indie Rock/Pop (The Shins, Vampire Weekend, Arcade Fire, Florence and the Machine)
5. Hip-Hop/Rap (B.o.B., Kanye West, Kid Cudi)

My music taste is a little cliche, but I'm open to suggestions. As long as it isn't country :yuck:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I can enjoy any form of music/genre, if I can relate to it, enjoy it or if it evokes a certain emotion.

Obviously, like anyone else I have my preferences and I do have particular genres that I tend to listen to mote so than others. I'm quite a big Hip-Hop fan, in fact I have been ever since I was 10. I know it seems odd to get into such a genre at that age but I do love it. Sometimes people have this stereotypical view of Hip-Hop/Rap but most aren't true. I love the lyrics the manipulation of words, flow of lyrics, uses of metaphors, clever word play etc. Some people may hate on the sheer amount of curse words but if you listen they are mainly used for "effect". A lot of us do this actually, as a curse can generally get a certain point or emotion across better. I do like Hip-Hop with meaning though, I can tolerate some artists who don't but what I want is lyrics, sometimes lyrics I can relate to or follow someone's story.

I also like other urban music, contemporary, RnB, soul maybe even jazz if used in that context. My favorite urban artist is definitely Frank Ocean. Words can't describe how much I respect this man and how much I love his music. Every track has a theme, which will be a metaphor to the true meaning, it's nice to sit and listen and decipher the subtle and clever meanings in his songs, as his lyrics are probably the most effective and best I have heard. He also has a great voice which can fit multiple genres. He probably fits contemporary the most, but he combines soul, jazz, RnB/love, rap, even blues, all into one -- though each track may represent a certain genre more than others. That's another reason why I like his much, you get so much diversity, it's actually opened my mind to other styles of music.

Then there's the rest which I can enjoy of I like it of course. Say what you want about chart music, sure it may be mainstream but if I like it I will listen to it. I also really like club/house music, although I find it bitter sweet at times as I get sick of it as that's all my friends listen to and talk about. I also like bands, probably a better phrase would be "indie rock". I wouldn't say I adore it but some of it I love and my friend always asks me to go to festivals with her, but I'm just no inide enough for all that :p

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I can listen to and tolerate any genre of music. I have a very vast and diverse love for musical styles, but there are some that I listen to the most.

I love all kinds of Rock music. Anything from Classic Rock to Hard Rock, Soft Rock, Alternative Rock, Symphonic Rock, Progressive Rock, Arena Rock, Synth Rock, Blues Rock, plus much more. I might argue that Rock is my favourite genre, but I also listen to excessive amounts of Metal and Electronic Music (dat contrast :O)

For Metal, I listen to all kinds of different metal styles. There's the typical Heavy Metal that we've seen since the 60's but then I also really enjoy Thrash Metal, Power Metal, Speed Metal, Nu Metal, Cello Metal, and even a little bit of Metalcore. My favourite of these subgenres though would have to be classic Heavy Metal though.

In terms of Electronic Music, I also have a very vast and diverse tolerance. I enjoy anything from casual Disco and Techno, expanding into newer genres like Electronica, Drum & Bass, House, Dubstep, and many others.

I listen to Pop music a lot as well. My favourite Pop genre is probably classic Synthpop, but I also like old genres like New Wave, as well as some newer pop music like LMFAO, Maroon 5, and others.

Those are all the genres I listen to frequently. However, my musical taste expands even further into styles like Jazz, Bossa Nova, Classical, and Video Game/Movie Soundtracks.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Just rock, really. No heavy metal, thrash stuff, no **** like that, just good ol' rock and roll. I can listen to most other stuff bar the heavier stuff especially if it really is written well and has a good meaning, but, when I'm in the house and I choose what I want to listen to it's always Oasis, Beatles, Stone Roses, or Rolling Stones. Bands like that. I listen to a few alternative rock bands and the like but, always go back to those originals, and I do like a skilled writer.

I'm definitely not very diverse, my record collection consists of very few bands, I know that. :) Brit Rock is pretty much it, I don't really listen to any American bands. I don't think they're bad but I can't really relate and I think there's too much writing about love and loss and sad stuff, in British stuff too. I like more up-beat stuff! It's why Definitely Maybe is just such a brilliant album, it's about having absolutely **** all and yet getting on with stuff and doing what you want in life! But, I'm not one who tries to fill up an iPod with tonnes of songs I don't want. My MP3 is on shuffle, and no matter what song it goes to I'll love listening to it! So I rarely skip tracks. Coupled with an already small record collection, yeah. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom