• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Music Genres

What is Your Fav Music Genre

• Pop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rock

• Heavy Metal

• Rap

• Hip-Hop

• Jazz

• Classical

• Electronic

• Classic Rock

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My fave is chill out dance music the likes of Roger Sanchez, Deep Dish, Robert Miles

But epic music is good too the likes of Audiomachine and Two Steps From Hell

observe
[video=youtube;ASj81daun5Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASj81daun5Q[/video]

Scoby

France
I really love electronic/dance music, which is one of the reasons I work as bartender in nightclub. Then I like to chillout with pop or old school rap.

Kazumi

chagy
I really love electronic/dance music, which is one of the reasons I work as bartender in nightclub. Then I like to chillout with pop or old school rap.

This is basically me. I love electronic/dance, and it's the bulk of my music collection. I love to listen everything from Daft Punk to fresh, young new artists that have just started. I also really enjoy listening to rap of all kinds, but particularly gangster rap. In addition to that, pop of all varieties is great. I especially like listening to K-Pop, most of which fits into the three genres that I mentioned.

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
1. folk punk
2. punk
3. hip-hop (mostly only nwa, eazy-E, cypress hill, wu-tang clan, pharcyde, and public enemy.)
4. thrash punk
5. pop-punk
6. death metal
7. katy perry (not pop... just katy perry)

Last edited:

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Favorite Genres of Music

We all have different likes when it comes to genres of music. Metal, Pop, Rock, Jazz and lots of more. From what I've heard, recently a few of my friends argued which genre is good and which is bad but in my opinion the genres only have different types of beats and melodies.

I personally love JRock, JPop, classical and game/movie/television soundtracks. To me, JRock and JPop are somewhat very different than others and that made me enjoyed Japanese songs alot. Beethoven, Bach and Mozart are my 3 awesome individuals, since all composed their songs beautifully. I really like Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven, it will always make me feel dreamy and make me feel very imaginative whenever I listen to it. As for Game/movie/television soundtracks are very epic and they'll always entertain me and it will always fit the situation happening on the game/movie/television!

So what are your favorite genres? Feel free to describe and express them in a way you like!

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I have a rather eclectic interest in music (or so I've been told in the past).

I really like:

JPop
JRock
KPop (to be honest I've only heard a very small amount of it though)
Rock Opera
Gothic Rock
Rock
Metal (in all it's forms)
Orchestrated music
Soundtracks to musicals
Rap
80's
Big Band
Punk
Pop
Bubblegum Pop
Anthem

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Well, with music I tend to judge each song individually, because I find that with genres as well as artists, I tend to like some songs, but not other songs. And my taste in music is very eclectic. I can like metal, rock, pop, country, classic, folk music, etc. I don't particularily like trance, jazz, etc. Just not my thing.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Classic Rock

Just about any Rock n' Roll from the 70s. Some decent Pop/Rock musicians from the 80s (Duran Duran, Eddie Money, Journey, Huey Lewis, Phil Colins/Genesis).

Nice thing about Rock is its versatility. My favorite Rock groups are western infused and jazz infused Rock (Eagles and Supertramp). Heck, even Southern Rock is rock n' roll mixed with blues and a bit of country. Good stuff.

I hate acid rock, heavy metal, punk rock... pretty much anything that's just a haphazard cacophony banging away on things and nonsensical screaming doesn't appeal to me.

Joy

The Sexy One
I listen to everything, from the Beatles to skrillex.
But at the moment I tend to listen to reggae, European dubstep (less violent than the skrillexy-American kind) and a couple of weird songs no one listens to that don't fit in any genre.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Depends what I'm doing tbh.

If I'm playing games and just killing stuff or going beast mode at the gym then some heavy metal or hard rock suits the atmosphere perfectly, perhaps even some dubstep. If I'm at a party I prefer to listen to house music and other forms of dance genres that make you want to get up and dance although doing homework I prefer to go with some old school rock like Queen, Dire Straits or the Rolling Stones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom