• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Moment of A Link to the Past?

Today marks the 20th anniversary since A Link to the Past was released in the US. So my question to everyone is, what was your favorite part of this classic game?

This game is my favorite of all the Zelda's so this is a really tough question.

My favorite part is when I found out the many different orders that the dungeons can be completed in. So nothing really specific.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Choosing one is just not possible. So in particular order, here are a few of my favourites.

- Getting the Master Sword for the first time
- Thinking the game is over when I was really young and then being sent to the Dark World
- Realising the boss of Thieves Town was the maiden I had rescued from the dungeon
- Finding the guy underneath the bridge who gives you a bottle. First time I found him I couldn't believe they hid something under there

ThrawnTheater

Hylian Grand Admiral
Happy B-day Link to the Past! I had forgotten, I'd better fire up the SNES later on today. Since it's been so long since I first played LttP, I'll go with my favorite recent moment, which was completing a Minimalist run a few weeks ago. Took many deaths (65 total games played), but I was quite proud of myself nonetheless. Hope to do it without a death someday...

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
My favorite moment is when you finally get to kick gannon's blue backside all the way across Hyrule. The game did a good job of getting you very mad at what he was doing... I enjoyed destroying him.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
A Link to the Past is a great game, so it has several great moments. However, my two favorite are:

1) Beating Agahnim for the second time, after going through the several puzzles and hard enemies of Ganon's Tower.

2) Link claiming the Triforce for himself after he has defeated Ganon (I think it's the only game where Link actually wishes upon the full Triforce). This also goes along the feeling of beating the game, since it was indeed a tough game.

Those are both great moments, but I must say, this is not the only game in which Link claims the entire Triforce. Link claims the entire Triforce for himself at the end of Adventure of LInk for the first time when he finishes collecting the Triforce of Courage to awaken the sleeping Princess Zelda. A Link to the Past is the second time Link collects the entire Triforce. In Oracle of Ages and Seasons, the direct sequels chronologically to ALTTP, Link touches the Triforce as a warping tool to reach Holodrum and Labrynna. Finally, in Skyward Sword, Link claims the entire Triforce, and prays to it to defeat Demise.
So, excluding the Oracles, in which Link doesn't truly claim the Triforce for himself, Link uses the entire Triforce in three games:
-AOL
-ALTTP
-SS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom