• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Favorite Mini-Game?

Favorite Mini-Game?

• Cucco Ranch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fortune's Choice

• Rupee Rush

• Hyrule Hotfoot

• Octoball Derby

• Treacherous Tower

• Total voters
In A Link Between Worlds, there are a total of six mini-games that you can participate in. These include:

• Cucco Ranch
  • Fortune's Choice
  • Rupee Rush
  • Hyrule Hotfoot
  • Octoball Derby
  • Treacherous Tower

Out of these six mini-games, which one is your favorite?

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
It's a close one between the Cucco Ranch and the Octoball Derby for me. I love the Cucco Ranch, I just started laughing the first time I played it, and now I am playing it constantly in an attempt to get to 999 seconds (that coveted Large Cucco >_>). I love baseball, so naturally the Octoball Derby was immediately a favourite of mine.

I ended up voting for the Cucco Ranch. I did because I feel it has more depth to it, with four different stages to try and one that goes on for almost 16 minutes >_>. The Octoball Derby, once you get 100 Rupees and the Piece of Heart, there's not much to do. Sure, it's an easy Rupee grinder, but so is everything else in the game, so I never found myself needing to play it in order to get more Rupees.

My current record for the Cucco Ranch is 343.89 seconds. Over a third of the way to 999...............

MW7

I liked the Octoball Derby most. It took me a while to feel comfortable with the game, and still I mess up in relatively simple situations. I always find myself aiming for the gold pot even when it's in a difficult position like down the third base line. Then I whiff and mess up my run for 3 in a row. The game requires a difficult skill from the rest of the game, and I have a lot of fun with it.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Treacherous Tower, I guess. Its rewards are no doubt the most amazing. Not that big a fan of the minigames this game offers, honestly.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
If treacherous tower counts as a mini game I'm choosing that. I always enjoy challenges that involve fighting massive amounts of enemies right in a row, makes me feel accomplished.

Very close seconds were of course octoball derby and cucco ranch, both were very very fun. Octoball derby took me FOREVER to get to 100 points

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
My favourite is the Cucco Ranch, though the Treacherous Tower is a close second. I actually enjoy a lot of the mini games and play them frequently.

bunny

birb overlord
Gonna go with the Cucco one. The Octorok derby thing, though... ew... There's like no way to control where the ball is going and it ticks me off.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I laughed when I got to Octoball Derby. It was a small payoff for the massive number of hours I spent playing baseball games on the NES and SNES. This is graded on a curve as I've never enjoyed LoZ minigames in any form.

My favorite mini-game in A Link Between Worlds is Rupee Rush, but I don't why I like it so much. However, I like the one in Lorule better because it has more interesting elements such as Rupee Likes plus you can get more Rupees than the one in Hyrule. :P

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I have caught myself playing Octoball for over an hour before, so i will have to say that is my favorite. Treacherous Tower is fun, dont really see it as a game, but i just like any kind of game mode that throws waves of enemies at you, However it makes me wish there were more "moves" you could do as far as combat goes, it would make it a lot more fun to test your skills and your ability to apply said moves. But all in all its still really fun!

The cucco game is somewhat annoying to me, but for the sake of posting records here on the forum, i will probably play it a bit more just so i can participate in you guys friendly lil competition!

S

SamCarterX

Treacherous Tower, fun trying to beat your top time. Not to mention the end prize. Those spectators are seriously generous.

Right now, I really hate Cucco Ranch. I'm trying to get that Heart Piece, and I cannot tell you how many times I have come within 3 seconds of it only to be blindsided by a cucco. I'll probably hate it less when I finally get that Heart Piece. On the other hand, I've made the Cucco Girl a very rich girl.

I would say Treacherous Tower if it wasn't for that it's kind of a reuse of Take 'em all on, Cave of Ordeals and so on. But I chose the Cucco Ranch because that's a game I love so much to try over and over to beat my record. It's really basic in what you need to do, but man it gets hard. And I think it's a good kind of hard :)

Treacherous Tower, fun trying to beat your top time. Not to mention the end prize. Those spectators are seriously generous.

Right now, I really hate Cucco Ranch. I'm trying to get that Heart Piece, and I cannot tell you how many times I have come within 3 seconds of it only to be blindsided by a cucco. I'll probably hate it less when I finally get that Heart Piece. On the other hand, I've made the Cucco Girl a very rich girl.

Yeah, I filled my wallet beating the advanced one twice to get both upgrades :D

About the Cucco Ranch, I got blindsided a lot until I realized you can stand in the middle most of the time. Then you have time to predict where to go. So basically just stay away from the fence and the 100 seconds won't be that hard :) At least that's how it worked out for me.

Last edited:
I am liking the Octoball even though it's kinda a PITA to get 100. It's also definitely one of the better ones overall. I haven't done the Treacherous Tower yet so I may change my mind at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom