• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Metal Band?

Metallica has been my intro to heavy metal. (BTW, Load and Reload is painfully underrated, and St. Anger had some good ideas, but was way too unpolished). I also like some of Dream Theater's stuff, Porcupine Tree and Anthrax. Good stuff.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
-Slipknot
-System of a Down
-KoRn
-Deftones
-Disturbed
-Linkin Park
-White Zombie/Rob Zombie
-Marilyn Manson
-Black Sabbath
-Slayer

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I'm a big fan of anything Devin Townsend and his projects.

Pain of Salvation, Katatonia, Machinae Supremancy and Arkona too. I also really like Kamelot, but I haven't checked out the new vocalist or their newest release.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
My music taste is very eclectic, but if I were to specify metal groups I love, then Nightwish, Within Temptation & Lordi comes to mind :)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Metallica was my introduction to real Heavy Metal, and used to be my favourite Metal Band. That position has since been taken by Avenged Sevenfold, though, since the release of Nightmare (The Rev is my favourite drummer ever, and the fact that they dedicated an entire album to his memory is simply fantastic!)

Other Metal Bands I really enjoy are
-Def Leppard
-Iron Maiden
-Black Sabbath
-Disturbed
-System of a Down
-Slayer
-Korn
-Slipknot
-Motorhead
-Motley Crue
-And many many more!

-Oh, and, don't forget DragonForce!

Hanyou

didn't build that
Right now, it's Symphony X, particularly pre-Paradise Lost Symphony X. Stuff like this is just sublime:

[video=youtube;lBqfbCFcPTo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBqfbCFcPTo[/video]

I love lots of other bands, though. I have a soft spot for Iron Maiden, as they got me into metal. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is my favorite of their albums.

Dream Theater is another favorite. Again, I prefer their earlier (pre Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence) albums, but their latest, A Dramatic Turn of Events, might be their best since their concept album, Metropolis pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory.

Finally, there's Savatage, whose output is so diverse that it's hard to believe they're the same band by the late 90s that they were in the early 80s. Highlights are The Dungeons are Calling, Hall of the Mountain King, Streets: A Rock Opera, Edge of Thorns, Dead Winter Dead, and The Wake of Magellan. That's what, half their output? Yeah. Fantastic band.

Other great bands are Theocracy, Sonata Arctica, Blind Guardian, Galneryus, Kamelot, Candlemass, Cathedral, Trouble, Nightwish, Metallica (pre Black Album), Opeth, Ayreon, and Avantasia. I'm sure several are missing from my lsit.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'll just add a few here...

Skillet
Alter Bridge
Crush 40
Bullet For My Valentine
Thousand Foot Krutch
Disturbed
RED
Demon Hunter
Flyleaf
Fireflight
Rise Against
Ascendicate
War of Ages
Linkin Park
Dangerkids
Daughtry
Metallica
Day To Remember
Disciple
The Letter Black
Pillar
P.O.D.
Lostprophets
Nine Lashes
Shinedown
Theocracy
Three Days Grace
Trapt
Trivium
Zebrahead

Didn't get too carried away, did I?

Jiggly Jaws

Who is This Guy?
Hmm. That's a tough one. My top bands would have to include

-Death
-Nocturnus
-Dismember
-Evil Dead
-Angel Witch
-Dark Angel
-Gorguts
-Dio
-Black Sabbath
-Deicide
-At The Gates
-Broken Hope
-Tyrant
-Venom
-Forbidden
-Amorphis

I guess since they asked for one, I'll provide one. Bullet for My Valentine. I am, like, obsessed with these guys. Now, actually, they're probably more borderline between metal and hard rock, but they've been my "favorite band" (term used loosely) for the last three-ish years. I literally listen to them all day in some instances. They are insanely talented, and I don't think I really have heard a song performed by them that I didn't like. Have to say my favorite album of theirs is Scream Aim Fire, my favorite track being Take It Out On Me.

A little while ago, because my dad has been a fan of a lot epic metal bands for, like, ever, I tried to get him into Bullet. And he was reluctant because he doesn't really care for the "screaming"... but, he finally gave in, and now he keeps talking about them and calling them a really "tight band" and I feel so successful now. xD I knew he would like them because the bands he likes are some of the bands that inspired BFMV's music style, so yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom