• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Mario RPG

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
The Mario RPGs: a collection of great and amazing games. But to you all, what's your favorite? Mine, as you can see in my signature, is Paper Mario: the Thousand-Year Door. My main 3 reasons are the storyline, the Glitzpit, and especially the large variety of badges. So what's your favorite Mario RPG, and your 3 main reasons for it? Oh, and from the Mario and Luigi series, it's Bowser's Inside Story in second place.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I can only agree about Paper Mario: Thousand-Year Door. Usually I don't even like that type of game but I couldn't stop playing this one. Seriously, I would wake up at about 8 and be playing this straight through until about 3 in the morning. I just adore this game. Everything about it, from the characters and locations to the battle system and storylines are just sheer excellence.

Everyone should play Paper Mario: Thousand-Year Door at least once.

Fig

The Altruist
I love the Paper Mario series and the Mario & Luigi series, but Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars takes the cake for me. I loved the fighting system, gameplay, storyline, and the classic feel of what a role-playing game should be. After all, it DID inspired both Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi series that almost everyone enjoys! :D

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Paper Mario for the N64. Definitely the best one. I loved the other Paper Marios, but they tried to hard, especially the Wii one.

Paper Mario for the N64. Definitely the best one. I loved the other Paper Marios, but they tried to hard, especially the Wii one.

Define "trying too hard" or just say "I didn't like them as much."

As for my favorite, that would be Paper Mario and the Thousands Year Door. I love that game so much, it's just perfect.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Haven't played Thousand-Year Door. Never really got the chance. Here's hoping for a release on Wii-U virtual console.

Favourite at the moment would be Paper Mario on the N64.

I love Super Paper Mario on Wii, but I don't really count it as a RPG. I love it's storyline, 2D-3D gimmick, and gameplay elements, despite being heavily different from its predecessors. The change back to true PRG genre in Sticker Star is a welcome change I cannot wait to play.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My favorite Mario RPG is definitely Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, and it is almost paralleled by Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars. MLSS was just an amazing game all around, there's no doubting that. I loved every single Bros. Attack, 'specially Knockback. <3 For SMRPG, the game was just great! How could they make such a genius game on such a primitive console, yet today RPGs are entirely broken? :lol:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door without a doubt. Not only is it my favorite Mario RPG, but my favorite Mario game ever, and one of my favorite video games of all time. Hopefully, Sticker Star can live up to its expectations.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I've only played the mario and luigi rpg's so it will be based on those. My favorite mario rpg is Mario and Luigi SuperStar Saga. It's an amazing game and I love how you press A for Mario and B for Luigi. Along with it's boss fights and story!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom