• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Mario Platformer

Fav. Platformer?

• Donkey Kong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey Kong 2

• Donkey Kong 3

• Mario Bros.

• Super Mario Bros.

• Super Mario Bros. 2 (American/European Version)

• Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japanese Version)

• Super Mario Bros. 3

• Super Mario World

• Super Mario World 2

• Super Mario 64

• Super Mario Sunshine

• New Super Mario Bros.

• Super Mario Galaxy

• Super Mario 64 DS

• New Super Mario Bros. Wii

• Super Mario Galaxy 2

• Hotel Mario

• Super Mario 3D Land

• Total voters

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
What is your favorite Mario platformer and why? I like Super Mario World for SNES because it's graphics were amazing for its time and I enjoy 16-bit, the gameplay is so fluid, and it introduced so many new gameplay mechanics.

P

PokeOakly96

SMB3 and 64 were great, but I have to be honest and say Super Mario Galaxy 2 was platforming genius of the highest level. But I still wait for the day Mario series decides to.. you know, throw a half-decent story in there.

SMB3 and 64 were great, but I have to be honest and say Super Mario Galaxy 2 was platforming genius of the highest level. But I still wait for the day Mario series decides to.. you know, throw a half-decent story in there.

The RPGs have good stories, however if you're talking about platformers then you are right. Anyways, I can't decide. I have played all of the platformers except for the Mario Land games however those games are not on the poll and why is Hotel Mario there? You should've replaced it with 3D Land but whatever.

Last edited:

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
In the answer pole super mario world 2 is yoshi's island right?

Yes, SMW 2 is Yoshi's Island.

The RPGs have good stories, however if you're talking about platformers then you are right. Anyways, I can't decide. I have played all of the platformers except for the Mario Land games however those games are not on the poll and why is Hotel Mario there? You should've replaced with 3D Land but whatever.

OMG!!! I can't believe I remembered Hotel but not 3D Land!!! How did I forget that?! I'll try to edit that in, but I'm not sure if it will let me.

EDIT: Dangit, it won't let me edit the post. Oh well...

MW7

Super Mario 64 is my favorite, but I really like all of them. I liked how the series started off super linear, but then Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine were both super nonlinear. In Super Mario Sunshine, you could even get to the seventh world with only one shine sprite if you were good at jumping and hovering.

Yes, SMW 2 is Yoshi's Island.

OMG!!! I can't believe I remembered Hotel but not 3D Land!!! How did I forget that?! I'll try to edit that in, but I'm not sure if it will let me.

EDIT: Dangit, it won't let me edit the post. Oh well...

Tsk Tsk Tsk. Mario would be angry. Also 3D Land is probably my favorite portable Mario game as of now, but my opinion might change over time.

P

PokeOakly96

The RPGs have good stories, however if you're talking about platformers then you are right. Anyways, I can't decide. I have played all of the platformers except for the Mario Land games however those games are not on the poll and why is Hotel Mario there? You should've replaced it with 3D Land but whatever.

Ahh yes, I know about the Mario and Luigi series. I've played them all. But they aren't platformers :P
Never played SMRPG, despite my friends being pretty much on their knees begging me to play for it for last 4 years.

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
Super Mario 64 pretty much sums up my childhood, I played it so much. But as much as I love that game, my favorite is probably Super Mario World. It's classic Mario platforming at it's best.

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
super mario galaxy 2.

i fracking love that game!
im trying to 100% it.
second quest and all! no bronze stars!
(currently, i have 118 and a half stars! excitement!)
(just saiyan....)

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
In my opinion no Mario game has even come close to beating Super Mario World SNES NOT CLOSE AT ALL!! That game will live on forever as the best Mario game ever!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom