• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Mario Kart Game?

What is your favorite Mario Kart game?

• Total voters

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
I'm sure many of you Zelda fans have played a Mario Kart game in your days. I know I have. In fact, I'm as much a Mario fan as I am a Zelda fan.
So what is your favorite Mario Kart game and why? If you want to go the distance, rank them least favorite to favorite.

Here is mine as an example:
8. Super Mario Kart
7. Mario Kart Super Circuit
6. Mario Kart 64
5. Mario Kart 7
4. Mario Kart DS
3. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
2. Mario Kart Wii
1. Mario Kart 8

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
MK64, definitely. I played that game, taking turns with my brothers (the 2 losers swapped with others) for so many hours when I was younger it's impossible to count, was such a fun game. Nothing like driving around on Wario Stadium with a Thunder as everyone begs you not to use it on them as they jump over the gap! As per, it might not be 'the best', but it's my favourite.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
It's tough for me to decide, honestly. Mario Kart DS has my favourite tracks, but all of the games since then have been just as enjoyable of an experience. I will say it was that point in time when the series got good for me. While I have not played the earlier games as much, I have played enough of Mario Kart 64 and Double Dash to know I'm not fond towards their slipperiness.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
8. MK7 /3DS - With this one, it was like, what's the point? An obligatory Mario Kart game. Aside from parasails, it barely added anything to the formula. Still good.

7. MK64 / N64 - Brought the series into 3D but didn't add much to it really. Felt kinda shallow compared to the other games and the graphics didn't age well. Still good.

6. MKW/ Wii - First console MK to have online. Only Wii game to have good online. Well-rounded game overall but imbalanced items and luck factor keep it lower on the list.

5. MKDS / NDS - Lots of content, portability and strong online made it a great game for it's time, but the online is gone unfortunately and it's obsolete.

4. MK / SNES - This was the very first one. Invented the formula. Classic. Had strong visuals for such an old game and it holds up.

3. MKSC / GBA - Absolutely gorgeous for GBA game. The first portable MK game, and it was done right!

2. MK8 / Wii U - The most refined package right now between the online, controls, graphics, courses, kart customization.

1. MKDD / GCN - Between tag-teaming, the large bevy of items and the large diverse creative hazard filled stages, it's stood up the test of time well.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Double Dash is the best. It has great stages for both racing and battling, and the tag-team was just a great stroke of ingenuity, as well as the specific items only certain teams could get.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
i have to take the original as it's the only one i ever really enjoyed playing, though I had some good times with MK64 multiplayer as well.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Mario Kart 8 is definitely the best and it isn't even close.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
so i just now realize that ever since the beginning,i always found mario kart boring,and i basically knew this but i sorta never wanted to admit it
logically i should go w/ 8 b/c of the dlc tracks adding more to the game,but i don't own a wii u
so for now,i'll give this to wii,since it had more stuff than double dash

Sheik

:the:
Mario Kart Wii. To be fair, the only Mario Kart games I have ever played are Wii, DS, and 64, and Wii easily beats the other two in my opinion. DS is fun and all, but I think it gets boring after a while, and 64 just feels clunky to me. If Wii doesn't beat the other two in mechanics, then it beats them solely in graphics and power. Besides, I really enjoy most of its courses (DK Summit, Maple Treeway, and Koopa Cape among others are all very fun to race on), and it is one of few Wii games that actually had good, functioning online multiplayer.

Reminder: MKWii is my favorite. I'm pretty sure that MK8 is, like, objectively the best. I just can't call it my favorite because I've never played it.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I really have a hard time picking a favorite. I love all of them. However, I picked Double Dash simply because there was that extra level of strategy that went into picking your characters. It wasn't just about picking your favorites, you had to pick wisely, taking into consideration not only weight of the characters, but also what special items they got.

As far as everything else, though, I think MK8 is the best one. It has the best original tracks I've played probably since the original MK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom