• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Mario Game?

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
My favorite is Mario Galaxy. It's the only Mario Game I've gotten in (aside from new super Mario bros 2). I almost beat Galaxy, but I got distracted for a bit and just stopped playing. I've tried other titles but just haven't enjoyed them. The first one I can't get far in because platforming isn't my thing. Sunshine is uber difficult. Odyssey I got fairly far in, but I got bored of it and didn't feel like continuing. Galaxy is challenging without being over difficult, and I absolutely adore Rosalina's storybook.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Sunshine is my favorite. I just love everything about it. The world, the way it looks, how it's like 64 in that you have different areas to go to to accomplish tasks, and the characters/story. The whole game just has a happy feel to it.

Honorable mentions would be Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door and Super Mario World.

Posted in this thread before but I'd also like to add Odyssey to the honorable mentions. It's an amazing game. Sunshine still beats it out as my favorite, just because I love the atmosphere of Sunshine a ton and it has a lot of nostalgia for me. But Odyssey is like Sunshine for the newer generation of Mario.

Also would like to add Bowser's Fury. It's not really a full game, but it was such fun dlc and I love the idea of the open world concept with its own different areas to do stuff.

My favourite is SMW. The level design is top notch and expanded upon compared to SMB1,SMB2(J and US), and, to a lesser extent, SMB3, especially when compared to SMB2J, which is trash. The world design is fantastic, and exploration rewards you handsomely with more levels and secrets, the art style is my favourite, Yoshi and the Cape Feather are my favourite power ups in the series to this day, etc.

Odyssey is my close second.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I like Sunshine a ton, Odyssey a ton but my fav has to be SM 3DWorld. I got so many great memories of it. Me and my sister start playing it soon after my mother died and with the silly vids made by Dashie we loved it even more. It helped us through a very difficult time and we played it till late midnight. For me personally it's the best Mario game ever

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
I like Sunshine a ton, Odyssey a ton but my fav has to be SM 3DWorld. I got so many great memories of it. Me and my sister start playing it soon after my mother died and with the silly vids made by Dashie we loved it even more. It helped us through a very difficult time and we played it till late midnight. For me personally it's the best Mario game ever
I’m legitimately obsessed with Dashie! :pikalove:

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I didn’t realize that we were including spin offs here.

While my favorite Mario games are still Galaxy, Odyssey, and Land 2 by a long shot, I’ll also throw in Mario Super Sluggers as my favorite Spin off. It’s the only Mario Sports title I really got in to, and also the only one that I’ll continue to pop in from time to time.

Super Mario Odyssey for 3D Mario and Super Mario World for 2D Mario. They're my favorites for much the same reason: I love all the exploration and freedom to get from the start of the game to the final Bowser fight in any way you want. Super Mario Odyssey's ending sequence, which I won't spoil for people who haven't played it yet, put such a huge smile on my face. As for Super Mario World, I'm baffled that later 2D Mario installments ditched the connected world map and cut back on the ingenuity of the alternate exits. The fact that you literally have to fly underneath the goal in one stage to find a second goal behind it is mindblowing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom