• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Mario Character to Play

Djinn

and Tonic
When it comes down to Mario games, there is now a huge variety in characters that have taken center stage in some sequels and in spinoff games of their own. But when it comes to the main series platformer Super Mario games and the spinoff titles like Donkey Kong Country or Yoshi's Island, which character do you love playing the most? This is not necessarily a what's you favorite character (because we all know Roy Koopa wins that easily) but playing as a character on an adventure, who do you like playing as the most.

And for the sake of the discussion I would exclude Mario Kart, Smash, Tennis, Party or really any game that really has all the characters with the exact same skills and abilities and are just avatars.

Do you just like playing Mario with the average skills and a suit for every occasion? Or Luigi the more athletic brother? Wario when you want to bash through everything in front of you, or Yoshi because deep down all things are really food. Toad because shrooms are fast, Nabbit because %$%$ da police, Peach because gravity is only a state of mind, Diddy Kong because monkies! Which one has the gameplay style you like most of all?

Cast.gif
400px-Personaggi_Mario_foto_di_gruppo.png

Ah, damn, this one's tough.

I have to give a shout-out to Luigi's higher jump, but the Wario Land series is by far the most entertaining non-Mario platformer I've ever played. Seriously, bashing blocks as Wario never gets old. There is more of a puzzle element to the Wario games than just standard platforming.

Beeker

Wild Card
In 3D World at least, I always played Toad. It was just so fun to run fast and I felt more comfortable with his shorter jumps. I usually don't play Luigi because he feels just too floaty for me. Wario with his transformation abilities in his games(Wario Land) is really fun to play too.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
In New Super Mario Bros I go Luigi.
Mario Kart I go Rosalina.
Mario party I'm either Dry Bones or Boo.

That's about it.

Peach or Rosalina. I tend to be drawn toward female characters in video games for some reason. Peach's floating ability is also really useful in the games where she's playable, as is Rosalina's double-jump in 3D World.

octorok74

TETTAC
Mario Kart I always play as Toad, always, because he's the best! But in other games I'll try to play as Toad also unless Dry Bones or Shy Guy is in the game. Then I like to play as them.

Djinn

and Tonic
There's just no love for Wario around here. I love just plowing through everything in my path on the way to go get more coins. That and the whole explore nature of the Wario series, it's like playing a Mario character in a Castlevania or Metroid game with all the puzzle solving and backtracking. Or you could just bulldoze through it all which is clearly the better choice majority of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom