• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Favorite locations on the map.

Quin

Disaster Master
If you explored the map there must have been a few locations that you thought looked amazing, or just felt comfy.

I have a few of those locations pinned on my map:
(not in any particular order)
1. far eastern edge of satori mountain, close to the ground, is a ledge with a cooking pot and all sorts of herbs and vegetables growing. It had a cozy feeling

2: Eventide island. All of it. I know the whole place is meant as a small throwback to LA and every time I go there it actually feels that way too. Everything LA is a good thing so this became a quick favorite of mine. The minigame there is also among the best in the game.

3:The whole Small area surrounding mount Taran, especially the northeren side(koto pond) and with the tree and the hole next to it. Again it felt pretty cozy there.

4: Bridge of Hylia: I stumbled upon it when I first got off the plateau and I was pretty amazed by how big this bridge is. Definatly my favorite bridge in the game.

5: Tumlea Heights: As a insane completionist I had to light all the blue flames in this area and that just made me like the area here for some reason

6: Hateno village. I took the insane route of going to mount lanayru and flying from there to reach hateno on my first time, and to go from such a harsh mountian to such a nice comfy village was pretty nice. Best village in the game and one of the best in the series for me.

7: bit of a cheat but the whole of the southern Hyrule coastline.
I love the beach areas in this game as well as the whole Jungle area and wish it was bigger. The whole path to the spring of courage was also amazing for me.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I love Akkala the most, I’m a huge sucker for fall foliage. I agree with you on the blue flame lanterns making that one area look really nice, I like that a lot too. I also really like the akkala citadel, fall and ruins are a great combination. I think the sage temple ruins are cool, flooded ruins are a neat aesthetic. The forgotten temple is pretty cool as well. The zonai ruins and damel forest along with the spring of courage are a really cool looking place, I enjoy the atmosphere of that area a lot. Hateno village is my favorite town and I like hanging out there. Hyrule Castle of course is incredible. Hebra is really fun to shield surf in. The labyrinths are awesome, too. There’s really a lot of places that I like in this game, it’s hard to list them all.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
The temple of time and Hateno village are my favorite places. It was neat to really explore the temple and the village made for a nice home base before planning out adventures.

Specifically, Mount Satori. It's a good place to just kind of chill, and there's so much stuff to forage: there's a massive apple tree orchard; a plethora of hyrule herb, safflina, endura and swift carrots, and amoranth growing in clusters on the north side, a bunch of spicy peppers at a campground, and tons and tons of sun/zap/chillshrooms. I frequently visit the mountain to just collect things because I find it particularly relaxing, especially with the atmosphere of the Ridgeland area. Also there's a stalnox there who drops a giant boomerang, and giant boomerangs are fun.

I liked the Necluda region a fair bit, Hateno included, but I'm finding myself leaning more in favor of the Ridgeland/Tabantha Frontier areas since I've started playing again. Also Hebra and Gerudo. Basically the entirety of western Hyrule is my sweetspot right now. But Mount Satori is essentially a western Hyrule microcosm, so definitely a favorite there.

The Seres Scablands weren't even close to a favorite... until today when I learned it's full of ramps for doing SICK SWEET MOTORCYCLE JUMPS. HMFFF!

Let's see... there's this Bokoblin platform in Akkala where a ton of them have Bomb Arrows. And I just really love roaming Hyrule Field on horseback. The abandoned archery field is another lovely spot. The Zora's Domain ascent is neat too. Lots of interesting terrain and chances to pull off some really awesome trick shots.

Places I tend to avoid: Death Mountain and the surrounding hills, and Gerudo Highlands.

Ninja

Well well well
Zora's Domain - Gorgeous music, landscape, and Mipha statue.

Akkala Region - Combines two things I love, fall, and thunderstorms.

Lost Woods - Not a large area, but the music and atmosphere is done really well.

Lurelin Village - I grew up in a fishing area and being by the beach really hits home with me.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I really like the peaceful Great Plateau. I know of this one spot where there are like 200 apples not even kidding but I don't remember the name. I go there to collect apples frequently. This spot is off the great plateau

I love going Zora's domain. It feels a lot like home to me, since it was my first Divine Beast. I also like just staring at the Lord of the Mountain. And Rassla Lake is another favorite. It's pretty good for dragon farming, plus there is a spot where the water doesn't exist.

Lake Floria, without a doubt in my mind.

I think I just love idea of a collection of waterfalls leading to a lonely lake surrounded by the tropical rain forest aesthetic. My first encounter with Farosch was while walking across the rugged bridge on the way to Lurelin Village. As you can imagine this gave me chills.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Eventide Island, the Great Plateau, and Zora's River. These areas restricted the player the most and, because of this, offered a lot of more activity and challenges.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I like Eventide Island. I stumbled upon it after spotting it on the map. I wondered what It was so I headed out. I really liked the survival aspect of it and often times just ran around pretending I was on Survivor xD

I like Eventide Island. I stumbled upon it after spotting it on the map. I wondered what It was so I headed out. I really liked the survival aspect of it and often times just ran around pretending I was on Survivor xD
Yeah, Eventide Island is pretty great.

I loved rito village, and zoras domain. Favorite species is probably zoras, but ritos have to be my second favorite. I loved rito village had such peaceful music and the zoras domain music was also peaceful. As for shrines and divine beasts I would have to say the zora divine beast was my favorite and Eventide island was my favorite shrine quest place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom