• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Favorite Link?

Who's your favorite Link?

• Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

• Link's Awakening

• Ovarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seasons

• Oracle of Ages

• The Wind Waker

• Four Swords

• Four Swords Adventures

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• Total voters

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Which out of all the Links we can play in all of the installments of the Zelda series is your favorite?

My personal favorite is TWW Link, He's a random guy who hasn't got any hero blood within him and has to earn his triforce of courage by finding all of the shattered pieces of it and saves the world in the process, all for his sister Aryll (family < 33). All of the other Links had it in their blood from the start, They were destined to become a hero. This game became a hero because Ganondorf's minion made a mistake and kidnapped Link's sister. ;)

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
TP for me, but there's a small problem with this poll...some of the Links you mentioned are the same Link.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
TP for me, but there's a small problem with this poll...some of the Links you mentioned are the same Link.

Some of the Links mentioned have very different personalities between games, especially OoT/MM Link. :P

My own favorite Link is definitely TP Link for his ferocity, and MM Link for his stone cold behavior. MM Link's a true hero, jaded by everything having to do with heroism, but he'll pick up his blade if he must fight to save a life once more. <3

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
This poll is a little skewed in my opinion as some Links are the same Links in other games i.e. Ocarina of Time Link is the same as Majora's Mask

Zorth

#Scoundrel
This poll is a little skewed in my opinion as some Links are the same Links in other games i.e. Ocarina of Time Link is the same as Majora's Mask

Doesn't really matter, None of them have a deep written personality so that it's the main thing that defines them. What they do in the games is what defines them so even though the Link from i.e OoT & MM are the same Link in flesh & blood, He still does different things in each game so he has different things to be liked for. Even if every Link across all games was the same guy he'd still have done so many different things to be liked for.

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
WW's link is not only hilarious and fun, he had to prove his strength and save his sister AND save hyrule. He was a very fun character and is deff my favorite.

Also "Ovarina of time" xD

TP Link. He is ruthless. Like the honey badger. He also has hidden skills, he's a good pal with the hero of time, he has the ball and chain, and he's one of the few Link's that's actually employed.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Aghhh people voting for Links just because of graphics annoys me. I'm sorry. I just really don't count that as a reason to see them as your favorite...

My favorite Link, by far, is OoT/MM Link, primarily his Majora's Mask incarnation. I just love the idea of a child hero saving the world. I also can't help but think about what he must be going through: growing up seven years and becoming a great hero, and then abruptly having it all taken away, and then Navi leaving, and then being thrust into an alternate dimension and forced to save the moon from falling over the course of three days – not only that, but it's the huge, terrifying moon with a face. And he must repeat those same three days over and over and over. On top of it all, he has the coolest abilities – if I could choose the items from any one game, it'd be MM. Mask collection is the best. He deals with so much, and even though none of it REALLY shows in the game, I still feel like he's a much more real person than any of the others.

Also, poor LttP Link wasn't included. Ah well, no one likes him anyway. XD

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
TP Link. To me, he's an impressive swordsman with hidden skills he never knew. He is kind, gentle, caring, and courageous young hero I know and love. His clothes are so cool and very amazing. Everything of him is very amazing that there's something of him makes me like him even more.

His actions on how he handle his problems are very obscured and great. If there's anyone in danger, he is always to count on when immediate. The graphics and artwork of the TP Link are very amazing and have nice quality.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Wait, what? "Ovarina of Time?" I can't stop laughing at the typo up in the poll. It made me think of "ovaries" which means that maybe that's a secret Zelda game that's either all about Zelda's quest to concieve a child or about Link dealing with cuccoos and their ovum (eggs).

It's hard to say for me. I really like all of the Links.

LoZ Link: My first! He's a cute little sprite and very rough-and-tumble. His quest takes inguenuity and toughness.

AoL Link: He's the same as the first, only older and fighting to claim the Triforce of Courage. He's also an arch-mage - the most magically-endowed of the Links, and that is awesome, especially when you can turn him into a little fairy.

A Link to the Past Link: Such trauma he experiences! His dying uncle, girls telepathically talking to him in his sleep... having to kill Hyrule's finest... but he has a good heart, as shown by his cute bunny form and the wishes he makes on the Triforce. He's an even more adorable sprite than the original! Long live pink hair!

Ocarina of Time Link: Ah, the Hero of the ovaries! Er, ocarina. Good-looking enough in his adult form that many a fangirl would declare him for that typo... I like him a lot. He makes great fanfic writing material because his life is full of conflict (and not just the monster variety). His life is like a trauma conga-line, poor guy. I relate to his "outsider"-ness a lot, being that "kid who never fit in with the other kids." Then the time-travel/coldsleep stuff happens and those things are always interesting to me. I interpret him, in adult form, as "maybe just a little more grown up inside" to match his body, but "still very much a child soul inside a man's body." (Again, I actually feel that way about myself, replace "girl" and "woman" where appropriate, and I've actually *lived* my years...)

This brings me to...

Majora's Mask Link: He may look like a cute little kid, but that's a battle-scarred war veteran's soul in there. He means business and takes care of it. He takes what he must do well, it would seem... it's a game to us, but if any of us were in his position, I don't think sanity would be ours after the whole mess. Again, the poor Hero of Time's life is like a trauma conga-line.

Oracles Link: There's not much to say about him other than sprite-cuteness and that adorable way he falls down when you get a Game Over. I like his in-touchness with Nature in those games, and his ability to put up with crazy Subrosians and Tokays.

Wind Waker Link: Cuteness, energy/excitedness, the comedy he brings to the series. He also is, as mentioned, not a bloodline Hero. He had to proove himself by hunting down the Triforce of Courage. He's also the best big brother any kid could ask for. He may be sweet-looking, but he's got an awesome grit. I've also seen a fan artist (in describing their picture of little Link stabbing Ganondorf in the head as what happened in the game) describe him as the most bad-a$$ of the Links. "Crowning" Ganon was a crowning moment of awesome for him. (I've found that I like playing him an inordinate amount in Brawl).

Haven't played any Four Swords, but I read the manga once when it was available online and found the disperate presonalities and how they fought funny.

Minish Cap Link: Eeeny meeny mini tiny Link! Squee! That is all. I gave him the title in one of my fanfics of "Colossus-Slayer" because of how he had to face big Chus and the Octorok and stuff.

Twilight Princess Link: (Actually is probably my favorite Link. I seem to go back and forth between him and Ocarina-Link). He's a bad-a$$. He's a country man with a simple, tough job - I've worked on ranches, myself - the helpful role-model of his village, and possibly the most realistic of the Links story-wise for the games. Think about it: Ocarina of Time Link was a feral child of the forest and immediately knew how to use a sword and ride Epona. TP Link had apparently had his Epona for years, was again, a wrangler for his village, and was taking sword-training from the town's master swordsman. As a hero, he makes sense.

Haven't played Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks yet.

Skyward Sword Link: The most expressive Link yet! It's like Nintendo took TPs Link's maturity and realism (Skyward was taking sword lessons as part of knight-training, and presumably some other combat and rescue training, he had a lifelong/long-term bond with his steed-creature) and combined it with Wind Waker Link's expressiveness. He doesn't quite have Wind Waker Link's energy, though. I really enjoyed the humorous play on Link's "laziness" in this game, with the ability to put him to sleep if he sat too long. He's great overall at being more "his own character" than player-avatar.

So, yeah, I really like them all.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
You didn't list the individual Four Swords Links... Oh well. They're all my favorites then, in the manga.

Besides that, my favorite is Wind Waker Link because he's cute and his reactions to things are pretty funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom