• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Favorite Legend Of Zelda Villain.

Hello. I wanted to start a thread where we could express our views on the villains of the franchise. Love them or hate them, the franchise wouldn't be the same without them. From Ganon to Vaati, from Veran to Malladus, I ask you:

"Who is your favorite Villain in the franchise and why?"

For me, my favorite is Vaati, the evil Wind Mage. I found his story very interesting, because he started out as a simple Minish, an apprentace of Ezlo's, who was fascinated with the evil in the hearts of the humans. He took the Mage's Cap and turned into an evil Wind Mage. He turned Zelda to stone, shattered the Picori Blade and unleashed a whole gaggle of monsters into Hyrule, and eventually took over the King Daltus (Or posed as him) and took over Hyrule, breaking free of the seal of the Four Sword twice. I actually think we should see him in a new Zelda game.

Oh. And sorry I messed up the title. I HATE typos.

Last edited:
T

ToonLinkFreak

I personally like Ganondorf, ( I know thats seems common and old, but I do). I just think he's awesome and cool, especially in Ocarina Of Time!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
My favourite is Ganondorf, he is certainly the most powerful and evil villain in the franchise. I especially liked him in Twilight Princess because of his appearance and attitude.

It would be Vaati in Minish Cap,but I dont like his monster form so I think I prefer Majora Mask

Majora, he/she is the most creepy villain, I hope we bring a game explaining more of those villains. It would be fun knowing more of Majora, HMS, and the FD.

Certainly Ganondorf. I also like Majora, as mentioned above, a whole lot, but Ganondorf just gives me that nostalgic feeling (as OoT was the first Zelda game I played). To me, he just really fits in the series - I can't really explain it - and I have trouble accepting any other villain, haha. Pretty stupid actually, since I can't come up with any real reasons why.

Ghirahim, of course! He's simply amazing! The best Zelda villian in the (soon to be) best Zelda game!

I pity anyone who actually thinks Majora is the best villain.

Anyways, Wind Waker Ganondorf would have to be my favorite. After being trapped for a good 100 years, he seems to have grown wiser and calmer. He's still an evil mastermind, but much more relatable since he actually had a goal and backstory in that game. He manages to be threatening, but with a sort of elegance that keeps him from being completely mad. He still went all out psychotic in the end, but he was just a very interesting person in that game.

Although, Ghirahim is shaping up to be amazingly fabulous so he could be my new favorite villain, but it's too early to judge.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Majora was the creepiest villain, and contrary to the post above me, I thought he was a very good villain. But my favorite would have to be Ganon/ganondorf. The guy's just so powerful and so cool; not to mention his interesting back-story. I'm very interested in Ghirahim though, and moreso in this "master" he's trying to bring back.

Last edited:
Majora had absolutely zero development. All we know is that he/she/it is a demon whose power was sealed inside the Mask by an ancient tribe. Majora is nothing more than an evil bloodshed-hungry demon who wants to destroy the world for absolutely no reason. If anything, Skull Kid is a more interesting villain than Majora because he actually has a backstory and his actions/pranks were just influenced by the power of the mask until the mask finally took control and decided to become a generic villain.

All these Majora origin/personality theories (Stone Tower theory, the Moon, boss design, etc.) are ridiculous and are built off of extremely minor, completely speculatory, and almost baseless assumptions. I see absolutely no reason to believe Majora is the greatest Zelda villain, let alone a good villain in general.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Aside that Ganon/Ganondorf is the most vicious, fearless villain of all, I would say Zant, is far more than Ganon/Ganondorf. Well, a little. Zant is diabolical and nasty villain that Nintendo could have created. Defeating him was far out than any Zelda villain throughout history. Man, this boss, Zant, is one of my favorite bosses. The costume of Zant really fits his superior ways of trying to take over both Light and Shadow worlds.

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
I'm just another tally on the board, but Ganon. More specifically, TWW Ganon and ALTTP Ganon.

TWW Ganon had a lot of backstory. When he revealed why he wanted Hyrule, it was very emotional. He was more human. He had depth. When he died, I genuinely felt a bit sorry for him.

ALTTP Ganon innovated much of Ganon's cruelty and personality. Prior to ALTTP, he was just a Bowser-like villain who had a simple agenda. In the backstory to ALTTP, we hear that he killed his own men for the Triforce. In game, he used Agahnim as his puppet to infiltrate Hyrule Castle and get what he wants done. We see he is an experienced sorceror and a powerful demon, only able to be harmed by the Master Sword, but only able to be slain by Silvered Arrows.

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
Mine would have to be Zant. Mainly because he has a sad-ish back story and is just crazy, but in the cool way. It'll probably be beat by Ghirahim though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom