• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite(least) School Subject

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I despised chemistry. I assumed that I would love it, since I liked science, but I had a terrible teacher in high school.

Favorite subject? Probably art. I'm taking a photography class right now and I love it :)

DreamDevourer

Born to Fail
Favorite subject: American History
Least favorite subject: Math
Favorite part of School: Girls
Least favorite part of School: Human Interaction (I know that sounds contradictory, but...)

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
My favorites include Geography & Philosophy. I was (and am still) always curios about the world, different cultures, biomes, maps etc. I´ve also always been interested in "truth", wisdom & speculation in general and hence I did mention philosophy.

I enjoyed school mostly but I did dislike a certain kind of subject: Technology! Even though I´m decent in Mathematics I can´t seem to enjoy the more "practical" uses of it :(

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Well, since I started my 1st year at a university, my favorite class would have to be Psychology. Even though the lectures are....awful, most of the material that I read in the book, have been pretty interesting.

My least favorite class is definetly Art History.
I like Art....Drawing, painting, etc. But, learning about the history of certain pieces of art really isn't for me. Its boring!

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
Well it all depends on the teacher for that subject. For example, I hated English last year but this year it is not the worst subject. So anyway,

Best: P.E
Worst: Math

Best at: A tie between French and Math
Worst at: English

I have a few favourites. Out of subjects I'm taking currently, it has to be Music and Japanese. They're dead easy (they're my strongest subjects), and I never get homework for them! ^^ I also really liked my year 8 religion class, because we never did anything. Normally, religion is incredibly boring, but I had the best teacher ever, so all we did was play games.

My least favourite? P.E.. Always P.E. (or Gym, as the Americans call it). I have never, ever in my life been good at sport. I can barely run 50 metres. DT/woodwork I also loathed. I don't really like getting my hands dirty and I could never make anything that looked remotely like what it was supposed to look like. I also hated the cooking part of Home Ec. Not that I hate cooking, it's just that I hate the time limit. I get panicky. Maths is alright, especially since I chose the easier Maths class, because hey, Maths B is not a good choice if you're someone who forgets her algebra every year and has to relearn it. :sweat:

Shnappy

derp
My schedule for Seventh Grade is...

1. Algebra I
2. PE/Health (rotates every two weeks)
3. French
4. Orchestra
5. Science
6. Social Studies
7. Language Arts

Normally I would rank them this way (best to worst)

1. Algebra I
2. PE
3. Science
4. Language Arts
5. Orchestra
6. French
7. Social Studies
8. Health

But, because of the teachers I have this year, It would look this way

1. PE
2. Social Studies
3. Language Arts
4. French
5. Orchestra
6. Algebra I
7. Science
8. Health

Teachers kind of drastically change how much I like a subject. For example, my Algebra I teacher is some 60 year old single lady with a really soft voice that yells at the top of her lungs when someone is talking while she is talking, or disrupting in any kind of way. But my Social Studies teacher is this young dude that's real laid back and likes to have fun in class. So if you exclude Health (since it's barely a subject in my opinion), normally, my least favorite subject would be Social Studies, because learning about the worlds' past and different cultures really puts me to sleep. I like geography, though, and it was also fun learning about the Mayans/Aztecs/Incas in 6th grade. Normally, Algebra I, or math in general, is my favorite subject. Working with numbers and solving puzzles is just so much fun for me, and I like not having to write notes. I'm good at it, and I'm one of the few kids that thinks that it's fun to solve algebraic equations, etc.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
My favorites are English and science. Least favorites are gym and art. I usually end up aching after gym. I also hate taking the pacer tests. Basically you run back and forth repeatedly as many times as you can until you're out breath. The good thing about art in high school is that you aren't forced to take it. Coloring stuff takes so long and my drawings look like they were drawn by a little kid.

S

Spreeze

My least favorite subjects:

Any math class. I'm just not any good at numbers. I go in after or before school for help on my assingments, but I still have problems understanding.
I also dislike Physical Science. The physics unit was the worse, though. All the formulas to remember and whatnot was really challenging for me.

My favorite subjects are English (I love writing and reading), and pretty much any elective (art, drawing and design, health, self defense, gym, foods class...).

B

Blood Wolf

My most favoured subject was English. I love it a lot, and I'm always writing.

My least favourite without a doubt is Science. I don't like that subject one bit.

D

deku guy

i hate latin histry of the art and french latin is deaaaaaaad language

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
This semester, my favourite class is either German or Geomorphology, whereas my least favourite class is either Statistics or Canada (Yes. The course is just called Canada).
I'm thinking Geomorph would be my favourite. There's not much work involved in that class (at least not yet. :P).
I can't narrow down between the others though. They're both uninteresting.

Claire

The Geekette
Out of the courses I am taking this year, I would have to say that as of yet my favorite has been Physics. It helps that before taking the subject I took an interest in learning about the subject myself through reading, watching documentaries, and listening to lectures (i.e. reading Physics of the Impossible and watching the BBC documentary Time). My least favorite course for this year would have to be English, though I do well in the subject. In most situations, English for me is composed of lesson after lesson of review and then at the very end of the class you begin to read classic literature. I personally would be much eager if I knew the majority of the class would be spent focused on literature, instead of spending almost half of the lessons on review.

Last edited:

Austin

Austin
I have a tie too. My two favorite are Computer Architecture and Organization, and Calculus III. I like these two because I'm a double major in Computer Science and Mathematics (yes I know I'm a geek :( ). I also have a tie in two I dislike Speach and health. Speach, because its just no fun, and health because its boring and too easy.

My other classes are Comparative Programming Languages, and Physics Lab, but they're sort of neutrual.

S

Skylar

English and art are usually my favorites. Math tends to be my least favorite, though when I was still taking Spanish, that got the spot instantly. I really fail at learning other languages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom