• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite(least) School Subject

A

Aura

Here's my list.
Best to worst
Science
Math
English
Social Studies
I hardly like any of them though. e-e
annd I absolutely HATE gym.
150 sit-ups and 150 push-ups + 40 laps a day is enough to kill somebody.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
When I was in school:
Best - Chemistry (well, it has to be - I'm studying it now)
Worst - German (note that I'm German and it's therefore similar to your English courses). I just hated being forced to interpret centuries-old boring literature with sometimes archaic language. Plus the teachers always gave their grades solely based on sympathy and never on how good you actually were. So in one year where the teacher apparently liked me I had 1s and 2s (=As/Bs) and in the next year we got one who couldn't stand me at all (it was always blamed on me if there was some noise in class etc... you know what I mean) and - coincidentally of course - my grades dropped to 4 (=D). And we had that teacher for a total of 3 years :/

Until now at university (all subjects are chemistry-related):
Best - Inorganic chemistry. It's all quite logical, not much stuff to learn and has a solid connection to reality.
Worst - Quantum mechanics (as a part of Physical chemistry). It's totally unlogical, only consists of calculating, calculating and more calculating, its theory is more of a philosophical than a solid scientifical nature and needless to say it couldn't be farther away from reality.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I enjoy science the most, i think logically so music I hate as a lesson, I want to play freely and not to a curriculum, I also stink at art!

Hazel

A Frog
I like Science but I hate maths. And French, as a first language. The teacher is B-A-D. He just talks about Les merites du tableau interactif (the advantages of the interactive blackboards)

Apple

Crazy Cookie
My favorite subjects are science and German, mostly German. It's just so much fun!

Least favorite... Hmm... I never really had a least favorite subject.

hsb39

Why so logical?
I've finally reached those years in which I choose all my subjects (well... English is compulsory, but I'd probably do that anyway), it's a shame that the workload increases 10 fold, and that I'm doing 14 units, many people think that that's suicidal. My favourite subject is easily French, going there for 3 months helped me out a little. I can hold a good conversation with my teacher. After that it's maths, lots of work, but I find it really interesting.

D

Deleted member 6224

like science and math i like science the best (i want to be a chemist one day so it works) least social studies and i like music i play drums

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
To be honest, I've never really been much of a wonder student. I wasn't gifted with any amazing talents, nor did I excel at any subjects. However, there was one class where I did really bad at, and by bad I mean worse than all of the other classes combined. I'll be frank here, I love learning languages. It's one of the few things that I can actually do well and seem to make sense to me. There was one thing I just couldn't learn no matter how much I studied, though, and that was German. Yes, the lovely language from Deutschland. There was nothing too bad about learning the vocabulary or the phonology, but the grammar was just something I couldn't grasp. It didn't help that I had a teacher that came straight from the depths of hell, either. The guy was totally out there and is responsible for the only time I've ever been sent out of class... and I can tell you, that says something. :P

Right now in college the things I'm bad at are, well, creative classes. I can't do those and it's the reason I switched studies. Currently I'm focussing on getting my Propedeuse and hopefully finding something else that really interests me. Classes like Sociology and Philosophy are a lot of fun, but I wouldn't want to do something with those later in life. I would love to study a foreign language, though!

jebus_thecatman

What the moo?
Seeing as though I still am going to start being able to choose electives mine will probably change over time. My favorite is probably Social Studies/ History. I hate math and English/ Grammar.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Last year's schedule from favorite to least favorite:
French
Spanish
P.E.
Socials (I LOVE the geography section but thought history was ok.)
Science
English
Principles of Math (the highest level of the three math levels in our school)
Planning (Basically planning for the future; banking, sex ed, job-hunting, taxes, colleges, etc.)

Next year I'm not taking Planning or P.E. and I'm taking Drafting and art instead.

13foxes

My favorite: Math and Physics. I've liked them, ever since I was in elementary school. I love how you can use many different ways to solve a single math exercise. Unfortunately, Math is not my best subject... Well, it was my best subject when I was 10 years old or younger, but not anymore. It keeps getting harder. I should study more though...

My best subject: English. Um... English isn't my first language. I've only learned it since I entered middle school. Which means 3 years ago. And I think I'm pretty good at it by now. I still make some grammar mistakes here and there, but not too much and I usually correct them right after.

My least favorite: Literature. I. Hate. It. It's sooo time-consuming and boring. I can't even count the times that I fell asleep in Literature classes. Too many. And the essays. Each of them took me hours to complete, and they were all ridiculously hard. How are you supposed to write a 5000-6000 words essay from a 3-word topic? :dry:

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Hmm, let me think. These are my three favourite subjects.

Science

Yay! My favourite subject! :D We have biology, physics and chemistry at my school and I love all three! I love experimenting in chemistry and watching chemicals react because you can do some pretty cool stuff with science. I love physics because everything has a logical reason and explanation. I absolutely adore biology, I love learning about human anatomy and everything is just so fun and interesting!

English

I really like english. The reasons for this are because I love words, gammar, spelling and reading! I love reading books and writing long stories with detailed explanations and descriptions. I also love poetry and similes and metaphors. So, writing is fun until it hurts my hands.

Maths

Maths is my other favourite subject. Because even though at times it can be really tedious it usually makes logical sense and numbers are good. I don't so much like 3D visualising and shapes because I don't see anything useful in that. But I still love arithmetic.

Science, maths and English are my favourites so I like core subjects with logic and fun.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom