• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Zelda Games

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
Top 4:
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword

Least Favorite:
Phantom Hourglass
A Link to the Past

Ocarina of Time.
Breath of the Wild.
Skyward Sword.

Majora's Mask

then Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, leaning more towards WW but I'm okay with TP taking its place now and then

What a minute, does Age of Calamity count? Of course it does, I'll put it somewhere below BOTW.

The rest, I don't care to list or try ranking. I really like all the games.

Favourite:
Tough but I have to go with Majora's Mask, specifically the 3D version. While Ocarina is arguably more technically sound and more compelling as a standalone title, I love this bizarro, Twilight Zone-ish take on the world and the characters. Being able to follow people as they move through the towns, manipulating time to a greater degree than in OOT, transforming and using different abilities, being able to experience and take note of how the town folk gradually change as doom approaches, it all fleshes the game out and makes everything seem more alive to me. Not to mention the visuals and sound design are excellent too.

Least Favourite:
The original Legend of Zelda on NES. Not a bad game, but terribly outdated and obsolete. While it's challenging later on, it's essentially unplayable without consulting a guide, as the game itself will tell you. It's the product of its time and there's really no reason to return to it.

Favourite:
Tough but I have to go with Majora's Mask, specifically the 3D version. While Ocarina is arguably more technically sound and more compelling as a standalone title, I love this bizarro, Twilight Zone-ish take on the world and the characters. Being able to follow people as they move through the towns, manipulating time to a greater degree than in OOT, transforming and using different abilities, being able to experience and take note of how the town folk gradually change as doom approaches, it all fleshes the game out and makes everything seem more alive to me. Not to mention the visuals and sound design are excellent too.

Least Favourite:
The original Legend of Zelda on NES. Not a bad game, but terribly outdated and obsolete. While it's challenging later on, it's essentially unplayable without consulting a guide, as the game itself will tell you. It's the product of its time and there's really no reason to return to it.

Why are you giving such a negative review on a classic game? Without this game, we would not have the franchise we have today. I hate the words obsolete or outdated. I prefer the words classic or retro.

OoT is my favourite. Least is Spirit Tracks.

ORacle games BOTW and MM are up there too. With Skyward Sword and Phantom Hourglass being in the lower tier...although my opinion of SS is most likely to change after i've beaten the Switch version. I'm putting the Wii version down there though

Why are you giving such a negative review on a classic game? Without this game, we would not have the franchise we have today. I hate the words obsolete or outdated. I prefer the words classic or retro.
I'm not going to sugarcoat it just because it's influential. The game is a chore and isn't very fun today. It's very hard to recommend to anyone who isn't a die-hard fan.

Requiem Of Spirit

It's a secret to everybody...
OoT and MM are my favourites, my least favourite is Triforce Heroes.

Favourites:
  • Ocarina Of Time
  • Majora's Mask
  • A Link To The Past
  • Link's Awakening DX
  • A Link Between Worlds
  • Skyward Sword
  • Oracle Of Ages/Seasons

Least favourites:
  • The CD-I games (Wand Of Gamelon, Zelda's Adventure, The Faces Of Evil)
  • The Legend Of Zelda
  • Adventure Of Link
  • Trifoce Heroes (not a fan of online)

Last edited:

Dapperchihiro123

I got a key! Let me find a door!
My favorite is Bot w I have over 150 hours on it. Least favorite, I just sat here for 5 minutes trying do think of a bad Zelda game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom