• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Zelda Games

Usurper King Zant

King of Twilight
I'd say the Twilight Princess, Wind Waker and Skyward Sword would be my top 3.
On the bottom of my list would be Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask and The Adventure of Link - I have this OCD so I need to finish every game I try, but didn't enjoy playing them at all.
All the rest would go in between, without some wow factor.

- Favorites -
* Majora's Mask
* Twilight Princess
* Ocarina of Time

- Least Favorites -
* Breath of the Wild

- Middle -
* Skyward Sword

Last edited:
Favorites:

1.) TP, awesome story, if it wasn't for the Triforce and the main trio, Zelda, Ganondorf, and Link, I wouldn't think it's a Zelda game. So much depth.
2.) OoT, time travel done right.
3.) ALttP, best 2D Zelda game ever.
4.) WW, I love the graphics.
5.) MM, so eerie, I like it. Time travel done terribly, though.
6.) PH, Only one problem, Linebeck is a cowardly snob thoughout most of the game. Other than that great story.
7.) LA, Link must've had the best sleep ever. One problem, he's still floating at sea.
8.) FSA, how the heck are you supposed to know that you have kill a (Btw: the first Octorock you forced to deal with is blue.) blue Octorock with Blue Link when normally Octorock are blue to begin with.

I don't want to rate any more since I haven't any others.

ToonLink64

lamer gamer
to tell you the truth, the newest game I've played is majora's mask. does link still enter dungeons in the newer games?
(kidding, like seriously, did you really need to read this?)
favorites: LttP MC and oracle series(they are inseparable to me)
meh: LoZ(I do like it though) Links awakening, OoT(annoying how you always start at the forest. and save didn't work for me)

It's still mostly the same.
Favorite to Least:
1) Adventure of Link
2) The Legend of Zelda
3) Majora's Mask 3D
4) Twilight Princess
5) Link's Awakening DX
6) A Link Between Worlds
7) Minish Cap
8) Oracle of Ages
9) Ocarina of Time 3D
10) Oracle of Seasons
11) Breath of the Wild
12) A Link to the Past
13) Skyward Sword
14) Windwaker HD
15) Spirit Tracks

Last edited:

TheDragonHawk

Casually Homophobic
My personal favorites are:
1: Breath of the Wild
2: Twilight Princess
3: Link to the Past
4: Majora's Mask
5: Ocarina of Time
6: Wind Waker
7: Link's Awakening

I have yet to play Skyward Sword. I am looking forward to it.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
So I am a firm believer that there is no bad Zelda game, hell even the Cdi games are fun to an extent. That being said I do think there are some that are better than others.

My top 5 goes like this:

1.Windwaker-while it wasn’t my first Zelda it was what got me REALLY into the series.
2.Majoras Mask- this is the only Zelda game that I think is objectively better than Windwaker, I mainly just put Windwaker higher for nostalgic reasons.
3.Ocarina of Time- this was my first Zelda game, and while it didn’t get me hooked on the series, I did replay it after my second or so play through of Windwaker to see what all of the hubbub was about and I thoroughly enjoyed it, just not as much as the previous two.
4+5. Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword- I have a hard time ranking these two because they are so similar to me, they are both criminally underrated games, they are both known for being somewhat linear compared to other Zeldas, and both have a butt-ton of references to previous games in them, something I’m a huge sucker for. I feel like the devs Put a lot of love into these games in particular and it saddens me that they are **** on so much.

Honorable mention is Zelda 1. I adore this game, I just can’t justify putting it above the others here.

Now for my worst (remember I still love these games, I’m just not as crazy for them as I am for the others):

1. Twilight Princess- it just feels like for every cool thing this game did, it did something equally as ****ty. That and it tries way to hard to be dark and edgy as some points (fused shadow cutscene) and not hard enough at others (Malo Mart).
2.Triforce Hero’s- this game was just unnecessary. Still fun, just unnecessary. I feel it would have been better as a full fledged spinoff instead of a canon game.
3.The Adventure of Link- this game had a fun combat system, but it’s difficulty and lack of optional content is a huge turnoff to me.
4.Link Between Worlds- this game was fun, but I don’t really have anything to say about it other than that I hate the stamina meter (as opposed to separate magic, arrow and bomb meters) and I DESPISE the item rental system. On the bright side it did give me a reason to collect rupees.
5.Breath of the Wild- this game just didn’t do it for me. I feel like in an attempt to reinvent the series they took out what made it unique in he first place. It’s not a Zelda game, it’s Skyrim with a Zelda mod. It’s story, dungeons, and bosses were all a joke and instead of having actual items they gave you an iPhone. But it’s worst sin was giving Link a damn T-shirt instead of the classic tunic as his default outfit. I still enjoyed this game, I just really hope they don’t make this the new norm for the series.

So there we go. I hope i didn’t just make TOO many enemies today.

1. Ocarina of Time. I was lucky this was my first Zelda game. Because of it I became a fanatic of the series, even though none of the other titles have ever matched it for me besides my runner-up. It was the first 3D Zelda game, revolutionized the series the way Mario 64 did for Mario, and is what so much of current Zelda lore is based on. And it's the game I associate most with "Zelda".
2. Breath of the Wild. Blew my mind away. I was skeptical when I saw the trailer, thinking it was trying too hard to be epic, but WHOA, did it prove me wrong. The story is so emotional, King Rhoam's ghost pleading for Link to save Zelda, the Champions wanting to help even after death, and that damn ending where the dead five are watching over the two... DAMN!!! SO SAD!!!!! :kawaii::kawaii::kawaii:

That's it, for now. Other honorable mentions would be Majora's Mask just for being so dark and a direct sequel of OOT, and Twilight Princess because of it's rich story/characterizations and bringing back realistic Zelda games.

I like Wind Waker but no offense to its fans, I was one of the ones who hated the cartoon graphics when it came out. And the damn near-endless sailing just annoys me.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Okie dokie, it's been awhile since I did this. I think the last time I did it was back when JC made them and had them pinned.

My top five games are as follows:
1. Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask
2. A Link to the Past
3. Twilight Princess
4. Breath of the Wild
5. The Wind Waker

My least favorites in no particular order are Skyward Sword, Zelda 2, and Tri Force Heroes

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Admittedly, I hvaen't played enough of Breath of the Wild to add it to my list :P
Out of the games I've played a fair amount of:
1. Majora's Mask
2. The Legend of Zelda
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Twilight Princess
5. Skyward Sword
6. Phantom Hourglass
7. A Link to the Past
8. Zelda II
9. Spirit Tracks
10. Minish Cap
11. Four Swords
Two years later...

1. LoZ
2. MM
3. OoT
4. LttP
5. TP
6. AoL
7. SS
8/9. ST/MC
10. PH
11. FS

Subjectively
1) Tie MM/OoT/BotW:

- Ocarina is Magical and Dark at the same time
- Majora's Mask: There is still no game like it as in 2019
- BotW: The feeling of discovery and exploration is as if I was playing ocarina of time again back in 1999
2) WW: Almost Perfect, but needed some more time in the oven
3) LA: LttP is the better game, but I think LA gave the series the whimsicality it lacked in its earlier days

Objectively
  • Better Dungeons: SS.
  • Better Exploration: BotW
  • For the Time: OoT. It brought elements from both LttP and LA in 3D environment and was very refined for the time. The axis of the series and the one that defined what 3D zelda should be... until 2017. LttP, LoZ and BotW should be mentioned
  • 2D: LttP - Still current. Gold standard for 2D gaming in general.
  • 3D-OoT Styled: TP - I feel this game is great in all aspects, but it isnt greater than the sum of its parts.
  • Most Fashionable: Triforce Heroes. Work. The. Runway. Toot for all the looks.

Least Favorite Subjectively and Objectively:
- Adventure of Link:
Strange direction for the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom