• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Zelda Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
Subject to change:

1. Majora's Mask (Probably the 3D remake is my favorite)
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Twilight Princess
4. Wind Waker HD
5. Link Between Worlds
6. Link's Awakening DX
7. Link to the Past
8. Minish Cap
9. The Legend of Zelda
10. Skyward Sword
11. Spirit Tracks
12. Oracle of Ages
13. Oracle of Seasons
14. Four Swords Adventures
15. Phantom Hourglass
16. Four Swords
17. Zelda II

Last edited:

Lusoric

What have I done?
1. Majora's Mask
2. Hyrule Warriors (I don't care if you don't consider it an actual Zelda game, I'm counting it)
3. Skyward Sword.
4. Wind Waker
5. Ocarina of Time.
6. Minish Cap
7. Twilight Princess
8. Link's Awakening
9. A Link Between Worlds
10. A Link to the Past
11. Legend of Zelda
12. Seasons
13. Ages
14. Phantom Hourglass
15. Link's Adventure
16. 4 Swords

(Haven't played enough to determine)
Spirit Tracks

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
My favorite Zelda games are Twilight Princess, A Link to the Past, Minish Cap, Ocarina of Time (Original and Remake), Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons and Ages, and Wind Waker.

The only ones that would be my least favorite is the Four Swords and DS Zelda games.

Spacefiller

waiting for life to start
I'd have to say that the original The Legend of Zelda is my favorite, followed by A Link to the Past and then Ocarina of Time. I also love Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Majoras Mask.
Not a huge fan of the cat eye/cartoonish games but it's hard to NOT like Wind Waker, it's a beautiful game.

Everyone hates on the Adventure of Link, but I love it...I think it is completely underrated.

1. Ocarina of Time: Nostalgia highly factors in on this one, and is close (super close) with number 2.:(
2. Majoras Mask: Loved everything about it, the dark aspect was awesome.:goron:
3. Wind Waker:bow:
4. Twilight Princess:bomb:
5. Minish Cap:ezlo:
6. Skyward Sword:fi:
7. Link Between Worlds:boomerang:
8. Phantom Hourglass:keese:
9. A Link to the Past:bottle:
Played a few more but these are all really close.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
Here's my list as of 1/30/15: MM > ALTTP > OOT > TWW > LA > ALBW > LOZ > SS > OOA > TMC > OOS > TP > ST > FSA > PH > AOL > FS

I know I keep flip-flopping. It's part of my open-minded, but indecisive nature. I tried to be as fair and objective as possible, but in the end, a lot of it is about how much fun I had. It's hard to rank them because they're all so different and each have their merits.

A few changes I could see myself making.
  • MM as top 3 material, but not the definitive #1. Hipster status unconfirmed, lol.
  • LA is being lowered.
  • LOZ is being lowered.
  • TP raising a little bit.
  • ST is lowering.

Last edited:

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
Updated list - 3/19/15: ALTTP > OOT > MM > ALBW > LA > TWW > LOZ > SS > OOA > TP > TMC > OOS > FSA > PH > ST > AOL > FS

Last edited:

ILU

i luv u
Fave is... The Wind Waker! What a beautiful game! Excellent story, great characters, wonderfully fun dungeons. Oh sweet Nayru, THE MUSIC. Everything is just so darn perf that I get the itch to replay just thinking about it.

Least favorite is Twilight Princess. Or was Twilight Princess. I feel like the story was written *so incredibly bad*. It had the most potential, I think, but gosh... So much was just awful, awful. And the WOLF. Please never again.

But then Skyward Sword came out. I love SS's beautiful style/world/designs, but the gameplay was so boring and *too* linear. I was enthralled with trying to save Zelda, but I eventually became irritated with constantly being one step behind.

Story-wise, I liked it okay. Tons of problems, but the chars were just too loveable. But as much as TP got on my nerves, I think I may like it a bit more than SS.

Majoras-Light

Gatekeeper
My all time favorite Zelda game will always be Majora's Mask. The whole feel of it, the plot, the graphics, the controls, everything about it is just wonderful. And OOT and SS are up there in the list with MM too. I'd have to agree with you on the fact that ALBW is definitely one of my least favorite Zelda games. I never really just picked it up. It wasn't fun or enjoyable for me. I'm also not a fan of Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, or the originals, sadly. And I also do NOT like Twilight Princess in the least. The companion is annoying, the wolf-feature is annoying, the graphics are annoying, and the story, quite frankly, isn't good.

Last edited:
Other than the ones at the top, the rest is inter-changing since some are only better just a bit.

1. ALttP
2. ALBW
3. ST

4. MC
5. OoS
6. TP
7. OoA
8. LoZ
9. OoT

10. FSA
12. PH
13. LA
14. MM
15. FS
AoL, WW, SS - haven't played.

MM being that low is probably a very unpopular choice, but I can't see the appeal behind it, even after playing it twice, beating it once without all 20 masks and one with all 20 masks.

1. Wind Waker
2. Twilight Princess
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Majora's Mask
5. A Link to the Past
6. Link's Awakening
7. A Link Between Worlds
8. Spirit Tracks
9. Skyward Sword
10. Minish Cap
11. Oracle of Ages
12. Oracle of Seasons
13. Legend of Zelda
14. Phantom Hourglass
15. Adventure of Link

Never played
-Four Swords
-Four Swords Adventures

fairyfountain

bros before poes
1. Wind Waker (This game was basically my entire childhood,so it will always be very close to my heart.)
2. Twilight Princess
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Skyward Sword
5. Majora's Mask
6. A Link Between Worlds
7. Spirit Tracks
8. Four Swords Adventures
9. Link's Awakening
10. Oracle of Seasons
11. Oracle of Ages
12. Phantom Hourglass

Never played: Zelda,The Adventure of Link,A Link To The Past,Four Swords

Least favorite is Twilight Princess. Or was Twilight Princess. I feel like the story was written *so incredibly bad*. It had the most potential, I think, but gosh... So much was just awful, awful. And the WOLF. Please never again.
I'm glad I'm not the only who thought this. The story had so much potential, but the execution just left so much to be desired. D: I also disliked the closed-off world. I had no love for Ilia or the other TP characters besides Midna, and I even had a hard time connecting with Link. And every time I went fishing, there was like one fish in the lake. That last one was a minor complaint, but it was still something I was disappointed in.

It was probably a bad idea on my part to have played Okami before TP. TP's gameplay, particularly the wolf gameplay, felt sloppy after Okami. And the motion controls in TP made me angry.

My favorite Zelda is MM/OoT. I liked MM better than OoT, but I couldn't have liked it as much as I did without playing OoT first.

Other favorites include WW (so pretty and the combat engine was the best!), ALttP, LA, and the Oracle series. I've yet to finish ALbW, but I love that one so far.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
My favourite Zelda is OoT, with MM in a very close second. Basically, the only gripe I have with MM is the saving system. If MM's saving system was better, then I would like it more than OoT since MM's game world is deeper and more immersive than OoT's. I'm talking about the original N64 versions.
Other Zeldas I really like are SS, WW, and TP. They are my 3rd, 4th, and 5th favourite, respectively.
My least favourite Zelda is AoL. That game is torture to any sane person. I don't really want to play it again.
I'm also not particularly fond of FS/FSA because they feel gimmicky to me.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
My top three favorite Zelda games are in decreasing order: The Wind Waker, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princes.

Note: These are my favorite, I don't necessarily think they are the best games in the sires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom