• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Zelda Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I'm sorry, totally my bad.
I've got this to say, though:
I didn't quite like those games at first (I did like them some, I still sustain there's no bad Legend of Zelda game). But then a friend came over, and said something from an outside point of view while watching me play and chatting with me that made me see the game in a new light (he often does this, he's really smart). After that, I started seeing Phantom Hourglass in a whole new light and now I really like it. Same goes for when I realised all the improvements in Spirit Tracks.
I've got this to say, though, they are fantastic "portable games" in the sense that they are fast and light to play without too many annoyances.

I too find PH and ST to be weaker entries. Out of curiosity, what did your friend say to help you see the games in a different light?

(I'm in the process of reviving a bit of discussion from the old World of Zelda stickies, so it might seem familiar, but feel free to post and share your views.)

So what are your favorite and least favourite Zelda games and why? You can state a few examples or compile a list ranking them in order.

(On 11/18/2016) I don't remember if I did this already, but here it is: MM>SS>TP>aLBW>WW>TH>MC>FS(Adventures)>PH>ST>FS>OoT>OoS>OoA>LoZ>LoZ 2>Link's Awakening>aLttP

(On 11/18/2016) I don't remember if I did this already, but here it is: MM>SS>TP>aLBW>WW>TH>MC>FS(Adventures)>PH>ST>FS>OoT>OoS>OoA>LoZ>LoZ 2>Link's Awakening>aLttP

Interesting you put A Link to the Past as your least favorite game, since it is typically so beloved. I'm curious on your reasons for feeling that way.

I really can't pick one favorite. It would come down to OOT, WW, TP or SS. As for least favorite, either Four Swords, Four Sword Adventures or Tri-Force Heroes.

WinterWolf

Gerudo Theif
Favorite is WindWaker, least favorite is the original The Legend of Zelda. I know it's the game that started it all, but after playing it for a while, and seeing how much Nintendo has expanded the franchise, it gets boring and tedious. Still a solid game, just not as good as others.

I too find PH and ST to be weaker entries. Out of curiosity, what did your friend say to help you see the games in a different light?
Hey, sorry about the late response, if I remember correctly, he said something on the lines of "the dungeons are condensed and fit in small screens but seem to have all the elements of interlocking puzzle pieces proper to zelda and the boomerang and bombs are really cool, when I was watching you play, it looked really fun" or something like that and then proceeded to mention something about how other zelda games gave me or him the impression of being bad, until we suddenly realised that we were actually having fun with the mechanics and what we didn't like was mostly superficial stuff.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
My favorite Zelda game has to be Twilight Princess, because of it's dark theme. What ruined the experience for me was the final boss, sadly, because it was too anticlimatic. Nonetheless, it still holds a special place in my heart. Ocarina of Time is also one of my favorites, too - due to it's nice gameplay, and story.

I particularly don't have a game that I dislike - they're just not my cup of tea.

my all-time favourite is mm:
very colourful world and cast of characters
some of my favourite temples
rather large number of quests that were actually quite fun
the masks were a cool ability
the three day system was quite unique despite being frustrating at times

second is ww
again, colourful cast and world
sailing was fun at first and I enjoyed exploring the great sea, but I admit it did get tedious at times
my biggest complaints are that the temples are a little too linear and I rarely have the patience to suffer through Tingle's Magical PonziLand

third is la
once again, characters and world
I find it quite impressive just how much the developers were able to accomplish with such pathetic hardware
if I ever wake up on Kohilint, I intend to do everything in my power to see that the wind fish never wakes

fourth is tp
big fan of midna but really don't care much for the rest of the world
Zant was a pretty decent villain until he lost all higher functions
it felt as if Ganondorf was force fed into the story

fifth is loz
go wherever you choose
do whatever you choose
sad that the defining characteristic of a franchize was abandoned with the first sequel and sadder yet that three decades later a return to that style is newsworthy

Whilst I enoy most of the others, I rarely return to them, and having played oot after mm, I really don't get all the fuss, but attempting to explain my reasons will only result in a battle of the fanboys.

R.Somethin

A Bundle of Random $#!+
All time Favorite: Majora's Mask, Runner up being A link To The Past
Least Favorite does not mean I hate it LoZ2, The Adventures of Link (NES)

FrozenDragon

Relatively Quirky
My favorite... It's a tie between OoT and MM, though I would put OoT a *little* bit higher for being my first.

And for least favorite, I don't really know, lol. I have yet to play them all, but I love all the ones I've played sooo...

My favourite game is Twilight princess. I like the landscape and the twilight.

Skyward Sword was rather good but I could not defeat Ghirahim the second time.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I haven't played Zelda in a while, so the ranking in my sig has been consistent for a good year or so. However, my current ranking is different than the one I posted way back in the first page of this thread, so here's my new ranking:

1. Majora's Mask
2. The Wind Waker
3. Skyward Sword
4. A Link Between Worlds
5. Ocarina of Time
6. The Minish Cap
7. A Link to the Past
8. Oracle of Ages
9. Twilight Princess
10. Spirit Tracks
11. Oracle of Seasons
12. Link's Awakening
13. Tri Force Heroes
14. Phantom Hourglass
15. Adventure of Link
16. Legend of Zelda
17. Four Swords Adventures
18. Four Swords

I don't group the 2d and 3d Zelda's. They are such different games.

2D - LttP > LoZ > Link Between Worlds > AoL > PH. That is all I have played. I played FS for about 3 minutes and never went back.

3D - OoT > WW > TP > MM. I haven't played SS yet. Saving that for the week before release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom