• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Favorite/Least Favorite Zelda Boss

Favorite Final Boss?

• Ganon (LoZ)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark Link (AoL)

• Ganon (ALttP)

• 'The Nightmare' (LA)

• Ganon (OoT)

• Majora (MM)

• Onox (OoS)

• Veran (OoA)

• Ganondorf (TWW)

• Vaati (TMC)

• Ganondorf (TP)

• Bellum (PH)

• Malladus (ST)

• Demise (SS)

• Total voters

Red Link

Sandwhich and Cereal
My favorite boss is probably Ramrock from Oracle of Ages. I thought it was very unique to use many items with different phases of this boss. It's not like those bosses where you only use the dungeon item. With this boss, you had to use your Sword, Bombs, Seed Shooter, and of course the dungeon item, the Power Glove. A very fun and unique boss to me. And he shoots lasers from his eyes in his third phase!

My least favorite is probably Trinexx from A Link to the Past. I do like this game, but Trinexx was a pain in the butt for me. I always had to bring potions with me before I battled him and I would easily run out of magic. His last phase is really annoying because he knocks you around and does a lot of damage to you. And it would take forever for magic to come from the ice during the first phase. And switching between the Fire and Ice rod was annoying.

These are my opinions, and don't be rude about it.

T

TheHeroOf Time

Right now, I would have to say that the final battle with Ganondorf in The Wind Waker is my personal favorite.
Since there may be people who still have yet to play Wind Waker, I'll explain my reasons in spoiler form.
First off, first sword to sword battle against Ganondorf. While I definitely enjoy playing Lightning ball tennis in Ocarina of time, I do wish the King of Thieves did something different than his so called "Worthless creation" in the Forest Temple.
Anyway back to Wind Waker. The fight was awesome, and I liked how Zelda helps out.
The music makes it even more intense.
And the ending of the fight, the last thing you physically control in the game, is driving the Master Sword into Ganondorf's forehead! That's badass. Loved it.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
My favorite boss is the dragon-thing from the Sky Temple. It was a cool temple and the boss at the end was sick. :) My least favorite is Ghoma in all forms. It's a lame, easy boss that might as well be a regular enemy. That or Aquamentus.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Favorite Final Boss

We all know what a final boss is right? Well, what's your favorite final boss in the series? I didn't count Ganon in the Oracle games.

Last edited:

Big Octo

=^)
I think that honor goes to Majora's Mask. Maybe it's not the hardest boss fight, and maybe it's not the most technical. But boy do I love it.

First thing to mention is the arena. The design thereof brought a great sense of mysticism to me, and I also felt it matched the battle quite well. The wall designs as well as the many colors give it a truly surreal sense, almost as if it's a dream. I really appreciated it.

As for the fight itself, well, it's just amazing. This battle demonstartes the raw power of Majora's Mask in all three of its forms. Each phase of the battle is unique and requires some thought, not being a simple hack and slash. The player must come to the battle prepared mentally as well as with some helpful masks. Of course, the Fierce Deity masks gives the big middle finger to all strategy, but the player deserves that after going out of their way to collect every mask and relinquishing them to the moon children.

As a less significant note, I really like the design of Majora's Wrath. To me, it complements the power of the being and just screams insanity. I love it.

A runner-up would be Vaati from The Minish Cap, as his battle also contains everything I love about the fit with Majora's Mask.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Fried chicken.

My favorite final boss is definitely Ganon from OoT. The ruins of the Tower, the flames encircled about the stage, and Zelda in the background screaming everytime Link is injured? Yes please.

However, the best final boss in my view is either Dark Link (AoL) or Onox. Both are worthy challenges even if one used exploits and both are significant "ends" to the quest of the Hero - though OoS Link doesn't stop until Veran, Twinrova, and Ganon are destroyed. The arenas you fight both in aren't much for atmosphere, but it's still more of a "duel to the death" which I feel is what the developers were aiming to create.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
That's a tricky one. I mean, I thought the crazed battle with Majora with the Fierce Deity Mask was amazing, and I did enjoy watching Link stab a man in the forehead and then just leave the sword there in Wind Waker, but, I think I'll have to go with good ol' Ocarina of Time. Running as the castle is collapsing all around you, by today's standards it's pretty bad and not really exciting but when I played it when I was younger I remember my heart absolutely beating! It was very exciting and I thought Nintendo did a great job capturing the collapsing building on the N64. I'd love to see just that moment of the game re-made with XONE/PS4 hardware, I bet it'd look incredible. The battle with Ganon was quite fun too, when he just appears again, had a lot of fun, and again Link stabs him in the forehead... what's up with Link and foreheads?

I'll give MM a second place, since the battle with Majora was just one huge acid trip.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Solely as a boss? Ganondorf in TP. But if you consider the story behind it, then Ganondorf from OoT. The build up for him is amazing.

I'll give MM a second place, since the battle with Majora was just one huge acid trip.

The whole game was an acid trip. I couldn't believe half the stuff Nintendo put into that game. It was so dark, trip-y, and surreal. The whole game just felt like a horrible nightmare that you couldn't wake up from with the same three days looping over and over again, while the imminent threat of the Falling Moon always in the back of your mind. But yeah, I agree. The battle against Majora was really unique, and the designs of each of his forms was very well done. It definitely did showcase his ludicrous, yet dark powers. Unfortunately, he was rather easy, and not my favorite either.

My favorite is Wind Waker's final fight with Ganondorf was awesome. It was the first time you were fighting him in hand to hand combat in front of the Triforce, all while the Great Sea is slowly engulfing Hyrule Castle. In my opinion that was the most epic fight. If only it was longer and more difficult for what it actually was.

I also liked OoT's though, that battle was pure classic; and the battle in TP was also pretty epic with all the stages of Ganondorf and all.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
My favorite is Wind Waker's final fight with Ganondorf was awesome. It was the first time you were fighting him in hand to hand combat in front of the Triforce, all while the Great Sea is slowly engulfing Hyrule Castle. In my opinion that was the most epic fight. If only it was longer and more difficult for what it actually was.

Exactly why I love the final fight of Wind Waker. Plus, it kinda makes me laugh that the king of evil was stabbed in the forehead and defeated by a ten year old boy.

Exactly why I love the final fight of Wind Waker. Plus, it kinda makes me laugh that the king of evil was stabbed in the forehead and defeated by a ten year old boy.

I forgot to mention that part. :huh: Honestly, I didn't expect that to happen the first time playing the game. That part was surprisingly violent for a Zelda game.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
mainly the ganon boss fights [oot,ww,& tp]
vaati was ok,majora was just....plain,dethl was interesting but the killed-by-boomerang in his final form kinda ruins it,dark link i don't even want to mention

Plus, it kinda makes me laugh that the king of evil was stabbed in the forehead and defeated by a ten year old boy.
*12 year old

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom