• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Favorite/Least Favorite Zelda Boss

Favorite Final Boss?

• Ganon (LoZ)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark Link (AoL)

• Ganon (ALttP)

• 'The Nightmare' (LA)

• Ganon (OoT)

• Majora (MM)

• Onox (OoS)

• Veran (OoA)

• Ganondorf (TWW)

• Vaati (TMC)

• Ganondorf (TP)

• Bellum (PH)

• Malladus (ST)

• Demise (SS)

• Total voters

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword's final bosses aren't just Malladus and Demise. They're the entire sequence of battles that take place at their respective ends.

Anyway, I hate that this poll isn't multiple choice, because it's an easy three-way tie between Majora, the Demon Train/Cole & Puppet Zelda/Malladus trio, and the Horde Battle/Ghirahim III/Demise trio. All three of these battles are gruelingly-long, multi-phased sequences of epic awesomesauce that put everything you've learned throughout the course of the games to the test in some of the coolest ways possible. These are not only some of the finest battles in the series, but some of the finest battles in all of gaming (which I guess goes without saying, since it's Zelda), and there are very few video game finales with as much style and presentation, to boot. I'm hoping we only get even better final battles in the future.

Ganondorf, The Wind Waker. There's just so much I love about this fight.

It features my favorite combat music from the entire series, the arena is mega dope, and it's our first proper duel with Ganondorf. I love how he moves slowly and confidently, towering over you and kicking you down if you block his attacks. As a kid it made me feel pretty outmatched. I've always thought it was super cool that he duel-wielded swords and how he looked spinning and jumping around in his robe. The combat itself is pretty simple and moderately unimpressive, but it looks awesome, and I thought the reflecting light arrows at him with the mirror shield bit was pretty neat. And need I even mention the epic final blow? Link rolls around Ganondorf's attack, launching himself way high in the air to come down and stab him through the forehead, shattering his gem. The delay between the stabbing and the shattering was a brilliant little touch as well. Then he turns to stone, the Master Sword left lodged in his head to act as the seal.

I'm sure technically there are better final battles in the series, but this one wins it for me in every other regard.

DevilAngelWolf

This is not the run
Favorite/Hated Final Bosses in Any Game

Hello! What is your Favorite final boss and why, same with most hated.
:triforcepiece:
:)
My Favorite Final Boss is the Majora Phases in :majora:Majora's Mask. I liked the fact that it was one of the only games that actually put a little fear in me when I play the final boss (unless I'm using the Fierce Deity's Mask), and I could actually experience the darkness associated with him, just by looking at him visually. :majora:

I have to say my most Hated Final Boss would be Demise in Skyward Sword. I feel in that game that Ghirahim should have been the final boss since we had his constant presence throughout the game, in all his goofy sinister glory, and he felt like the rightful Final Boss. Yes, you beat back the Imprisoned a few times, but the way they brought in Demise was just forced, it didn't feel right. I felt like the game was over once I beat Ghirahim, I had my huzzah!

But I guess on the other hand, it was slightly similar to OoT, with Ganondorf first, then Ganon second in the end.... They might have used that as inspiration for how they were going to do the Final Boss battles in Skyward Sword.

I don't know, just the random thoughts scurrying through my head. Be sure to let me know what you think about mine, and what your answers are!!!:rosa:

Big Octo

=^)
For favorite final boss, I'll just use this from a thread that was posted with the same topic last night:

I think that honor goes to Majora's Mask. Maybe it's not the hardest boss fight, and maybe it's not the most technical. But boy do I love it.

First thing to mention is the arena. The design thereof brought a great sense of mysticism to me, and I also felt it matched the battle quite well. The wall designs as well as the many colors give it a truly surreal sense, almost as if it's a dream. I really appreciated it.

As for the fight itself, well, it's just amazing. This battle demonstartes the raw power of Majora's Mask in all three of its forms. Each phase of the battle is unique and requires some thought, not being a simple hack and slash. The player must come to the battle prepared mentally as well as with some helpful masks. Of course, the Fierce Deity masks gives the big middle finger to all strategy, but the player deserves that after going out of their way to collect every mask and relinquishing them to the moon children.

As a less significant note, I really like the design of Majora's Wrath. To me, it complements the power of the being and just screams insanity. I love it.

A runner-up would be Vaati from The Minish Cap, as his battle also contains everything I love about the fit with Majora's Mask.

As for least favorite, that may be a tie between Malladus and Demise. In regards to the former, the battle isn't hard, but it is also quite annoying, especially when protecting Zelda. The flute segment was a bit irritating as well, but that may be because my mic was being unresponsive. I found the setting to be boring and the build-up with little tension. It was a disappointment for me.

Concerning Demise, well, he's just too easy for me. I found him to be easily exploitable in regards to slashing and inflicting damage, so he wasn't much of a threat. The second phase only seemed easier, what with the lightning strike and all. If there's one thing I'll compliment, it's the arena, it looks amazing. Too bad that didn't save the lackluster fight.

DevilAngelWolf

This is not the run
For favorite final boss, I'll just use this from a thread that was posted with the same topic last night:

As for least favorite, that may be a tie between Malladus and Demise. In regards to the former, the battle isn't hard, but it is also quite annoying, especially when protecting Zelda. The flute segment was a bit irritating as well, but that may be because my mic was being unresponsive. I found the setting to be boring and the build-up with little tension. It was a disappointment for me.

Concerning Demise, well, he's just too easy for me. I found him to be easily exploitable in regards to slashing and inflicting damage, so he wasn't much of a threat. The second phase only seemed easier, what with the lightning strike and all. If there's one thing I'll compliment, it's the arena, it looks amazing. Too bad that didn't save the lackluster fight.

Honestly my brain is dying when it comes to remembering the fight with Malladus, but I do remember the pan flute gave me a lot of issues, my mic never wanted to cooperate when it came to that darn thing, but driving the trains were fun :)

Demise was an easy boss, as long as your wii remote wasn't veering off somewhere and having to center the darn thing 50 million times. The scenery was beautiful, but it kind of made no sense for Demise... I remember thinking "what???" when I first saw the scenery, it honestly was more fitting towards a Dark Link fight, not for Demise. I don't know, I guess I pictured more of a fiery wasteland for Demise.

And I have never played Minish Cap (but I am looking into buying it from amazon), so I cannot say I've ever faced Vaati, but I am interested in giving it a go.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
For my favorite final boss, shoot for this thread.

For my most hated final boss, I guess it would be Ganon from LoZ - he always kills me because I'm inept at the game.
For my least favorite final boss, it would be Demise from SS; I felt he was just a weak final boss in every respect. No buildup, no tension, very little screentime, and very easy.

DevilAngelWolf

This is not the run
@Ventus
I have only played LoZ once, so I haven't completely tested myself with that Ganon.
And I completely agree with
No buildup, no tension, very little screentime, and very easy.
You just can't have a final boss that easy, it was such a let down :(

And for your favorites, I think that was my favorite Final Boss setting by far (Ganon OoT), it was just perfect with the setting and the lightning. It was just the best setting they could have done for that ending.

@pkforce

Haha, you have to love Dark Link's representation in the game though.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Already have a favorite thread, but the least favorite has to be between Majora's Mask and Ganondorf (tWW). Both are in insanely easy....but I guess Ganondorf at least had more atmosphere, so I guess my least favorite is Majora's Mask.

DevilAngelWolf

This is not the run
Already have a favorite thread, but the least favorite has to be between Majora's Mask and Ganondorf (tWW). Both are in insanely easy....but I guess Ganondorf at least had more atmosphere, so I guess my least favorite is Majora's Mask.
They may not be that hard, but with MM, I think they pulled off getting what they wanted to get across to us, same with Ganondorf in tWW. MM definitely had a head trip and a half for the scenery :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You just can't have a final boss that easy, it was such a let down :(

Well, Ganon from OoT is definitely as easy if not easier than Demise, but I still feel he's a better final boss because the scope of the battle - including the events surrounding it - just fit him to a T. But Demise was really anticlimactic.

DevilAngelWolf

This is not the run
Well, Ganon from OoT is definitely as easy if not easier than Demise, but I still feel he's a better final boss because the scope of the battle - including the events surrounding it - just fit him to a T. But Demise was really anticlimactic.

It's with Demise I was expecting a lot more then what they gave us. Almost like they just didn't care at that point or something :(

OoT: I guess since I remember it being so hard for me as a kid, I've never thought of it as too easy, just that I've gotten used to the game :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom