• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite / Least Favorite Rival

Dan

Blue is always going to be my favourite just because of his ******bag attitude ! His 8-bit theme and how he would always say "smell ya later".
He was my first rival and I always did find it hard to beat him back then. He MADE me angry and that's what I love about a rival. You beat the elite four and you think it's all over but no there is one last challenge, BLUE. He also has the greatest champion music too.

My least favourite has to be May, I didn't find her rival material at all. She was too friendly and I didn't like that. She just seemed more annoying than anything and wasn't challenging at all. She didn't seem to really care about beating you in a fight.

Closing notes I want to see a return of the ******bag rival. Both Silver and blue were good rivals in my opinion. I think cheren is a good friend/rival done right. He seems a lot more content in trying to beat you. You are also both competing for the same goal. I think Bianca being a 2nd sort of rival helps him look even better. Although I'm still playing through Black.

Last edited:

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I'm not 100% sure if he counts, but Wally is the worst & I dont like him. Think about it: he goes to YOUR dad rather than his to help him catch a pokemon, on hi FIRST TRY he catchs a ralts, which took me about a whole day to get a female one, has the nerve to think he can challenge the 3rd gym leader without having ANY badges & only has a kirlia. LASTLY we hear nothing from him through the rest of the game until the END of victory road, so if u are defeated, u have to redo the whole victory road all over again, provided u didnt save the game before you battle him.

However, my favorite would have to be Silver because his behavior is so unlike the rest of the rivals. All the other rivals are somewhat friendly torward the player or are childhood friends with them. Silver, however, is emotionally & phsically mean torwards players. He is a villian without the world domination goal....at first. As you reach the end of the game, he realise why he can't beat you & why his way of raising pokemon is wrong, show a softer & softer side him. Bacially his character development is why he's my favorite

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Favorite Blue least favorite Barry he was just annoying and Blue or "Gary" as I name him was just awesome.

Favorite was Blue because he was powerful, he was knowledgeable, he looked awesome, and he was the perfect foil to your pure intentions. Second favorite was Silver because, again, he was obsessed with growing stronger. Unlike Blue, who was clearly supposed to outmatch you and force you to overcome the odds, Silver seemed like someone who was right on par with you, which made battles feel a bit more personal. He also starts to learn the error of his ways by the end, which makes him a very subtly more interesting character than any other Rival.

My least favorite was May/Brendan from Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. They were too friendly to feel competitive against, too shallow as characters, and barely showed up to challenge you - and even when they did, it was at the most inopportune time. No one quite even knows if that's a hat on Brendan's head or just his hair. Help me out, people.

Barry from Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum is the runner-up for worst Rival. Again, he's too friendly, his personality can be a bit grating, and he overall goes nowhere in the plot. He didn't feel like someone you were truly supposed to be competing against. He just felt like the annoying neighbor next door who obsessively wants to be better than you.

I haven't played Black or White, so I can't say anything on their Rivals, but everyone seems to think they're annoying. By the sounds of things, we need another rival like Blue who you really want to show who's boss.

Last edited:
My favorite was probably May/Brenden. Main reason being that they were actually challenging for me.

My least favorite was Bianca because she was too easy all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom