• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite / Least Favorite Rival

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
Which Pokemon game do you think has got the best/worst rival?

For me, it's May as the best rival, and Bianca as the worst. She's just annoying.

I want to hear from you guys.

My favorite rival by far was N, because he actually had some character depth to him. Other than that, I actually like rivals that are past friends, particularly Blue and May.

My least favorite was probably Silver. I don't remember him having any sort of depth whatsoever. He was just a random jerk. I could be remembering incorrectly, though.

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
Gary Oak!
GaryOak.jpg

Although Silver was pretty awesome, too. Having played the rest, so no opinion on them.

R

Robgoro

My favorite rival by far was N, because he actually had some character depth to him. Other than that, I actually like rivals that are past friends, particularly Blue and May.

My least favorite was probably Silver. I don't remember him having any sort of depth whatsoever. He was just a random jerk. I could be remembering incorrectly, though.

Silver was Giovanni's son ;)

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I liked Silver. His character developed throughout the game well. Barry was an annoying little jerk, and so were Bianca and Cheren. Everytime you didn't want to fight them they just kept on popping up. I know thats what a rival is supposed to do, but they did it in the most dysfunctional and annoying ways. Having Blue as a rival was good too. Always felt bad about his Raticate dying. :(

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
Favorite: Silver. Reason: He was so mysterious. His pokemon variety and strength were always challenging.
Worst: Cheren. Reason: He caught a Liepard and kept it. Bad move.
Middle: Barry. Reason: He was playful and somewhat enjoyable, but a small variety of pokemon.

Fig

The Altruist
My personal favorite rival would have to go to Blue! He's the only one to become Champion! Enough said! :xd:
My least favorite rival would have to be Bianca, only because I over powered every single of her Pokémon by at least 7 levels, which to me is too much to against a rival. It's only fair to be with a 3-5 level difference, but that is only my opinion.

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
Blue is definitely my favorite. He was the champion and then became a Gym Leader. That is the definition of coolness. The worst has to be Cheren. I hated the attitude and the nonchalant way of acting. So annoying.

RHhylian

Guru-Guru's strange son
Silver is my favorite rival because he has a very interesting backstory. he is the only rival that has this. He also has some character development going on. Really intruiging character in my opinion. I really hate Barry, Cheren and Bianca. They're just way to happy and enthusiastic and are just bland. This makes them very annoying for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom