• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Dungeons

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite temple is the Ice Cavern (if that counts). It's a cool theme, and although I'm a big fan of the entire temple of ice in Twilight Princess, this one wins out of nostalgia.

I challenge rgeraads to a duel to the death, because the Forest Temple is actually my least favorite in OOT xD Whenever I sit down to play OOT, I can get through all the child dungeons in one sitting, but I end up putting it down for the day when I hit the Forest Temple, because it frustrates me a lot.

My overall least favorite temple though, without a shadow of a doubt, is the Temple of the Ocean King, and I don't think I really even need to explain why. It almost ruined the game for me.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I have to say that my favorite dungeon was probably the dark Hyrule castle from the end of Oot.

I feel like it's just a given that the all water temples are bad but my least fav is the Oot one

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
A couple of my favorites would be Arbiter's Grounds, Dragon Roost Cavern, and the Sandship. I absolutely despise Great Bay Temple and Jabu Jabu's Belly. They just seemed monotonous and slow. Albeit, I can sit through JJB, but only with the motivation that the adult dungeons are next.

I don't mind the water temple (or at least the 3ds version) I feel it gets a lot of unnecessary hate because it was different from most other dungeons in oot

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I just thought it was extremely tedious and annoying. There are some that I liked, the MM one was tricky but fun, but generally they are all the same:

Hit button, raise water, hit button, lower water. x1000 it seems

Really difficult to narrow it down, but I think there are probably three that I could say I think stand above the rest, for myself.

1 - Snowhead in Majora's Mask. The layout of the whole dungeon, building on itself as you go higher and higher was great, though a little stressful because it's so easy to fall off when you're nearly finished.

2 - I am really fond of the Snowpeak Ruins in Twilight princess for several reasons. The first is I love Yeto and Yeta. Second, the idea of an old, abandoned mansion as a temple seemed very creative to me. Third, the atmosphere within the mansion as great. I felt cold and creeped out playing it, but then whenever I would go find Yeto to bring him an ingredient, the warmth was palpable.

3 - Forest Temple in OoT due to the fact that this is the first fully fledged temple rendered in 3D that the series brought. Amazing mechanics, beautiful environment and sound, and just a lot of fun.

I like Snow Peak from TP just because it was so different for me at the time. My least favorite is probably the Dark Forrest from ALTTP, took me forever.

Top 10 Favorite Dungeons:

10. Temple of Courage- Phantom Hourglass
9. Palace of Twilight- Twilight Princess
8. Spirit Temple- Ocarina of Time
7. Stone Tower Temple- Majora's Mask
6. Dark Palace- A Link To The Past
5. Snowpeak Ruins- Twilight Princess
4. Earth Temple- The Wind Waker
3. Temple of the Ocean King- Phantom Hourglass
2. Sandship- Skyward Sword
1. Inside Jabu Jabu's Belly- Ocarina of Time

Top 10 Least Favorite Dungeons:

10. Forest Temple- Ocarina of Time
9. Ganon's Tower- A Link To The Past
8. Temple of Droplets- The Minish Cap
7. Snowhead Temple- Majora's Mask
6. Temple of Time- Twilight Princess
5. Water Temple- Ocarina of Time
4. Ancient Cistern- Skyward Sword
3. Great Bay Temple- Majora's Mask
2. Tower of Hera- A Link To The Past
1. Wind Temple- The Wind Waker

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
Favourite - Twilight Palace (TP), Snowpeak Ruins (TP), Temple of Time (TP), Arbiters Grounds (TP), Ancient Cistern (SS), Dark Palace (ALBW), The Snow Realm (ST), Ikana Canyon (MM), Woodfall Temple (MM), Snowhead Temple (MM), Shadow Temple (OOT), Spirit Temple (OOT)
Least - City in the Sky (TP), Lakebed Temple (TP), Fire Sanctuary (SS) Sandship (SS), Turtle Rock (ALBW), Great Bay Temple (MM), Inside Jabu Jabus Belly (OOT), Water Temple (OOT)

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
Favorites (in no particular order): Arbiter's Grounds (TP), Lakebed Temple (TP), Snowpeak Ruins (TP), Great Deku Tree (OoT), Spirit Temple (OoT), Forest Temple (OoT), Stone Tower Temple (MM)

Least Favorite: Water Temple (OoT).

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I never really got why people loved the Ancient Cistern so much until replaying Skyward Sword recently. I really started to pay attention to the care put into it and the symbolic nature of most everything in the dungeon. Climbing the silver thread really got me this time. Let me just throw out a few in no particular order.

Ancient Cistern, The Great Deku Tree (Creepy and strange, the Great Deku Tree was the first dungeon in OoT, your intro to 3D. It forced you to think in three dimensions, a true breakthrough for video games at the time. Look for the eye to shoot, roll on the spider web to burn it, jump from great heights using your weight to access new areas. Very weak enemies felt like obstacles to be tackled and fighting a disease within the guardian of the forest where Link grew up puts a desperate perspective on it.), Bottom of the Well (Downright frightening.), Eagle's Tower (Another look at spatial environment but from a 2D perspective.), Spirit Temple/Mermaid's Cave (The time changing aspect of these two temples was eye-opening.), and Stone Tower Temple (for its flip mechanic).

Din.Farore.Nayru

Extraordinary Machine
The Great Deku Tree (Creepy and strange, the Great Deku Tree was the first dungeon in OoT, your intro to 3D. It forced you to think in three dimensions, a true breakthrough for video games at the time. Look for the eye to shoot, roll on the spider web to burn it, jump from great heights using your weight to access new areas. Very weak enemies felt like obstacles to be tackled and fighting a disease within the guardian of the forest where Link grew up puts a desperate perspective on it.)

The Great Deku Tree truly sticks out in my mind as one of the best experiences I've had while gaming for many of the reasons you listed. There's just so much nostalgia attached to OoT in general for me, but especially that first dungeon. I can remember my friends at school imitating the tree opening his mouth. I remember finally figuring out that I needed to jump down to break the web or run over with a lit Deku Stick to burn it. I'll just never forget it.

My Favorite dungeon was Arbiter’s Grounds
Least favorite... hmm.. I'd have to say the Lakebed Temple

Favorite is either Tower of Spirits (although that's a bit of a cheat) or the Spirit Temple. The Spirit Temple just feels epic, it's huge with ominous music, and going there as both child and adult was a nice touch.

Worst is Temple of the Ocean King (once again a cheat) or Great Bay Temple. Yeah, Great Bay Temple requires understanding of a massive system, which is good, but there's just so much busy work and it's so long, making it a problem under MM's time limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom