• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Dungeon Rooms

Much has been said about favorite and least favorite dungeons. But sometimes... Sometimes, you like or are fine with or indifferent towards a dungeon as a whole... except for That One Room. That room that freaks you out, or bores you to death, or is just plain annoying to get through. At other times, there's one room that stands out above the rest as really cool or fun.

For example, I actually like the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time a fair bit overall. But I haaaate the room right before the boss room, where you have to climb up a steep slippery ramp to reach the door. While dodging Blade Traps.

I like the Stone Tower Temple. But I don't particularly care for the room where you have to temporarily charge a series of holding mirrors with light to be able to clear out a Sun Block.. while simultaneously dealing with constantly-respawning Black Boes.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I find mirror puzzles to be a bore, the boss key room of Earth Temple in TWW is always super sloggy to me.

my fave room is the big room in Vah Ruta in BotW, it was such a blast to move around the trunk and solve the cog wheel puzzles.

Reactions: Doc
I usually enjoy mirror puzzles. I just hate that one in the Stone Tower because of it requiring you to stand still in a room with respawning swarm enemies who can knock you out of position or waste your time, while also contending with charging up a chain of temporary light sources.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I'm with Sheikah, that boss key room is a hassle. I don't mind the light puzzle, its just tedious changing back and forth constantly, and sometimes Medli will be in the slightly wrong position so you have to do it all over again.

I also hate rooms where it appears to be wide open but then traps that activate only when you're close enough appear and you have to "feel out" where the actual route is. Examples that come to mind are rooms from the Fire Temple, Arbiter's Grounds, and the Forbidden Woods. The Forbidden Woods was definitely the worst of the three because the sound of the roots shooting from the ground and wiggling around was just horrible.

Of those "feel your way" rooms, the one I really hate is the firewall maze in the Fire Temple. I'm indifferent toward the Forbidden Woods one and I liked the Arbiter's Grounds one, but I hate that firewall maze. It's way too easy to step closer to the posts than you thought and faceplant the wall as it activates. The spinning flamethrower traps and Fire Keese at certain points don't help.

Well, the stone tower temple seems to be a favorite for many, but i don't really like it personally. A bit for the same reasons that i didn't like the water temple. It's big, confusing to navigate through and you can easily get lost. I actually like the great bay temple in majora's mask though, even if a lot of people dislike it. I find it to be highly atmospheric, challenging and the final boss was pretty awesome.
Wrong thread. This is about specific rooms.

The 'main' room in Jabu Jabu's belly with the sink holes. When I was younger that room could go to hell, I could never remember what was beneath each hole, I sometimes still take the wrong one and have to screw around getting all the way back up.

My favourite room is the large spinner room with all of the rails in Arbiters Grounds in TP - WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Yeah, that room's a blast. I also like the room where you're introduced to ghost rats. That rewarded my habit of using Wolf Link a lot in that dungeon (since his weight distribution meant he didn't sink as fast, plus I like looking around for secrets with the wolf senses).

I really like the main room of Dodongo's Cavern. It just looks super cool, with the bridges and the giant dodongo skull. And making the Giant Dead Dodongo see red is pretty cool too. As is opening the shortcut by extending the one pillar's rise level. And I am amused by the cameo of the infamous compression-blurred "Eternal Star - The Magical Star" plaque.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
As much as I adore stone tower temple and think it is the cream of the crop in terms of dungeon design, I’ve got to admit I’m not a big fan of the room where you’re constantly flipping upside down to move a block. But probably my least favorite room of all is the main room in the wind temple. Not only do you have to worry about magic, but the entire room is on a cycle and if you’re a tiny bit late, tough luck. There’s no way you can make it to the top now.

As for favorites, I’m gonna have to agree with spirit, there’s nothing more fun in TP than the spinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom