• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Character

Least Favorite Characters
Sidon (talks too much) Beedle (he's a crook) Koroks (far too many of them) The Rito (very smug) the list can go on forever.

Favorite Zelda Characters
Link

Favorites:
Zelda
Link
This badass lady here. maxresdefault.jpg

Least favorites:
None, really, except maybe Revali. He used to be my favorite until I started re-watching his scenes. Still cool, though. XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
My absolute all time favorite character is hands down The Happy Mask Salesman, he is the embodiment of character ambiguity and I love it. Is he a good guy, maybe he's actually bad? Does he have extrordinary powers, or is he just a normal business man? You can't really peg him down with any certainty.

My least favorite character: Fi! She even beats out Kaepora Gaebora.

Favourite: Linebeck no question
Least favourite: Trickier but probably the clown guy from the Skyward Sword skydiving minigame. Emptied my wallet so many times on that stupid thing and i blame him for it.

areasell

Twilight Princess Master
Favorites:
Guru-guru
Ralph
Kamo
Fi
Linebeck
Shad
Zant

Least Favorites:
Prince Komali
Postman (TP)
Can I add Prince Komali again? No? Ok
Jim

Prince Komali's introduction just made me despise him for the rest of the game. His mannerisms did improve and he apologized, but I just haven't gotten over it.

Favorites:
Link (I like all of his incarnations, but Ocarina of Time is probably my favorite)
Zelda (again, I like all of her incarnations, but BotW and OoT have my favorite Zeldas)
Ganondorf (The Wind Waker version in particular)
Skull Kid
Majora
Saria
Midna
Groose
Fi
Impa
Robbie
Kass
Sidon
Zant
Ghirahim
Mipha
Revali
The Great Deku Tree
Tingle

Least favorites:
Purah
Yunobo
Literally all the Great Fairies

Ocarina of Time Link is definitely my favorite incarnation of the character, child and adult forms. His journey in OoT is a unique reflection of the whole coming of age type of story. It directly shows the shift in perspective and responsibility that occurs as we transition from child to adult. It's something that has always stuck with me and was easy to identify with. This story definitely continues to an extent in Majora's Mask as well. Link endures more hardship as he takes on the more personalized struggles of the people around him. A number of characters point out Link's maturity despite his age and there is probably something to draw from how his major enemy in that game is a child not too different from himself. Of course, his appearance as the Hero's Shade in Twilight Princess certainly adds another layer of mystery to the character. I've enjoyed his appearance outside of the main titles too. I love how he fights in Soul Calibur 2 and both of his forms in Melee are quite fun as well. His voice actor as an adult will always be the definitive Link voice in my mind. The OoT outfit is my favorite amiibo costume for Link in BOTW.

There are not many characters I outright dislike, but Tatl is easily the worst one for me. I've ranted enough about her already though. A runner up would be Ilia. I don't necessarily have fundamental problems with the character like I do with Tatl. I just feel like her execution in the narrative fails to endear me to her. Ilia seems so tacked on and the fact that her story doesn't even wrap until way later in the game kind of solidifies that for me. As a supposed love interest for Link she is entirely outclassed and overshadowed by Midna who is significantly more charming and spends much more time with the player. Even as basic motivation for Link to start his adventure, she is outclassed by the four Ordon kids whom all have far more interactions with Link. Those kids also give you an immediate payoff for rescuing them, whereas Ilia makes you put up with a frustrating amnesia side plot.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Ocarina of Time Link is definitely my favorite incarnation of the character, child and adult forms. His journey in OoT is a unique reflection of the whole coming of age type of story. It directly shows the shift in perspective and responsibility that occurs as we transition from child to adult. It's something that has always stuck with me and was easy to identify with. This story definitely continues to an extent in Majora's Mask as well. Link endures more hardship as he takes on the more personalized struggles of the people around him. A number of characters point out Link's maturity despite his age and there is probably something to draw from how his major enemy in that game is a child not too different from himself. Of course, his appearance as the Hero's Shade in Twilight Princess certainly adds another layer of mystery to the character. I've enjoyed his appearance outside of the main titles too. I love how he fights in Soul Calibur 2 and both of his forms in Melee are quite fun as well. His voice actor as an adult will always be the definitive Link voice in my mind. The OoT outfit is my favorite amiibo costume for Link in BOTW.

There are not many characters I outright dislike, but Tatl is easily the worst one for me. I've ranted enough about her already though. A runner up would be Ilia. I don't necessarily have fundamental problems with the character like I do with Tatl. I just feel like her execution in the narrative fails to endear me to her. Ilia seems so tacked on and the fact that her story doesn't even wrap until way later in the game kind of solidifies that for me. As a supposed love interest for Link she is entirely outclassed and overshadowed by Midna who is significantly more charming and spends much more time with the player. Even as basic motivation for Link to start his adventure, she is outclassed by the four Ordon kids whom all have far more interactions with Link. Those kids also give you an immediate payoff for rescuing them, whereas Ilia makes you put up with a frustrating amnesia side plot.
you probably have the best opinions that I don't fully agree with/haven't thought about out of any user on this forum, if that makes sense
like, it's one thing to just have the same opinions as someone, but it's another thing for me to look at an opinion I don't share and be like "yeah that's completely reasonable"
lol

my favorite character is probably tetra because I like seeing zelda take a more involved role, but there are a lot of great characters so it might change depending on the day/my mood

least favorite, probably mipha. I think what really burns me is the potential the character has to be interesting, but ends up being like the most generic "RPG healer" stereotype you could possibly fathom, with no real personality being allowed to come through, and has awful voice acting in english imo, and breath of the wild in general does a terrible job of giving dead people character arcs, I guess

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
I don't take favorites, but I know the BotW Champions and the cast of Skyward Sword are in F tier.

I mean, I thought Gannon was pretty funny in the cartoon. Oh, right, Ganondorf. Forgot about him. Yeah, favorite Nintendo villain, obviously.

Favourites:

Ralph
Groose
Nayru
Zelda
Tingle (Wind Waker Tingle Tuner)
Midna
Beedle

Least Favourite:
Snot Boy (Wind Waker, Minish Cap)
Owl (OOT)

Last edited:

Requiem Of Spirit

It's a secret to everybody...
In no particular order...
Favourites:
- Link (ALTTP, OoT/MM, TP, OoS/OoA, LA)
- Zelda (OoT, TP, ALTTP)
- NABOORU :)
- Impa (OoT)
- Sheik
- Marin
- Midna
- Ganondorf (OoT, TP)
- RAVIO
- Tatl
- Cremia/Malon :cucco:
- Happy Mask Salesman (MM)
- Saria
- That witch with blue hair in A Link Between Worlds
- Skull Kid
- Ruto
- Anju (MM)

Least Favourites:
- NAVI :fpalm: (She's a bit annoying, "Hey, listen!...Why don't we go to Death Mountain ?" Navi, we are in Death Mountain!)
- Mido (OoT)
- Zora King (OoT - he's too slow XD)
- TINGLE

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom