• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite/Least Favorite Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, agreed. He was an excellent character until his big reveal, which really just weakened him. I thought his design was cool, too... until I saw his face. Eep.
I loved the mouth reveal, it felt totally evil at the same time that totally made me wonder what kind of creature Zhant was.... then he took the helmet off and started looking and acting as a minion... I don't mind he was deranged, but I feel like the "madness" he had before taking his helmet off was completely different... I guess I would say that before taking the helmet off he was something more on the lines of Girahim (although not exactly, ofc).

I loved the mouth reveal, it felt totally evil at the same time that totally made me wonder what kind of creature Zhant was.... then he took the helmet off and started looking and acting as a minion... I don't mind he was deranged, but I feel like the "madness" he had before taking his helmet off was completely different... I guess I would say that before taking the helmet off he was something more on the lines of Girahim (although not exactly, ofc).
I know what you mean. Previous to removing the mask, he always at least seemed to be kind of cool and collected and in charge of things. Then he really went off the deep end and felt like an utterly different character!

My least favourite character is really easy: Ilia.

It was cute how Link and Ilia were sort of somewhat romantic, but I hated Ilia for many reasons.

1: She cared more about Link's horse than she did about Link. "Ya Link, you're gonna go fight evil and probs get killed and stuff, but OMG YOUR HORSE HAS A SCRATCH IN HER LEG YOU TERRIBLE TERRIBLE PERSON!!!!! Then she goes and steals Epona when Link really needed her, for the second time, thus delaying Link's delivery of the gift to Hyrule and giving Ordon a bad name.

2: She got captured. I know she couldn't help getting captured, but perhaps she would have been OK if she hadn't been in the Spirit's Spring with Epona. So it's indirectly her fault. And of course she has to get separated from the rest, thus forcing Link to go out of his way to rescue her.

3: She gave Link a stupid piece of grass after he spent hours of his time risking his life for her. First, he transports her to Kakariko Village, scaling enemy infested fields in the process. Then, he goes on a very lengthy quest to recover her memory. She then very briefly thanks him and gives him a piece of grass... which of course is for Epona.

4: She's way too bossy. I can tolerate it to a degree, but I just cringed every time I had to talk to her in the game. Ugh. Hate that *****.
The worst part, besides how annoying and terrible she is, is that they built her up as a romantic counterpart for Link, which ended up going nowhere.
Maybe it would be forgiven in a naggy spouse sense, had they actually had a Happy Ever After or something, but it goes absolutely nowhere.

SariaFan93

Friend & Protector of the Forest Sage
My all time favorite Zelda character is Saria. Not only is she the only Kokiri who honestly cared about Link, but she got me through some of my life's roughest moments. When and if I ever have a daughter of my own one day, I will name her Saria.

My least favorite is Mido. I have no tolerance for bullies. He needs an old-fashioned butt-kicking for being such a jerk to Link and all the other Kokiri.

It gets worse when you think about the implications: By Kokiri standards, Link was more or less a handicapped person, because he was not bonded with a guardian fairy and thus could not receive help in the same way that the other Kokiri can. And of course, part of Mido's bullying was related to Link's lack of a fairy.

Then again, it is natural for children to pick on other children for being different, at least until the children's guardians or teachers teach them to know better. So maybe it is the Deku Tree's fault.

FrozenDragon

Relatively Quirky
My favorite character would be (wait for it) Link. He's pretty much an ideal hero to me :3 Cool, strong, smart...

My least favorite is Tingle >.> God, his map prices in WW and his annoying voice sold it for me.

One of my favorite LoZ characters is Sarah from OoT. I think she helped capture some form of emotion early on in the game which helped connect to later events.

Haha yes! Grog was funny, I love that part in the cap :) People really ARE disgusting! LOL!

Call me crazy, but I never really enjoyed Tingle. He kind of annoyed me. I was so happy that he wasn't in Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword.
I forgot about that character. He is very good choice. He seemed like a character you wanted to help but couldn't. The sad thing is I could never figure out how to complete his story.

Last edited by a moderator:

NayruKasai

"Don't take us so lightly."
Do the cuccos in the bombchu alley OOT count because I have a very high dislike for them little suckers. The rupees I wasted trying to get a piece of heart and a bigger bomb bag! They literally walk into the bomb. They see it coming and think 'oh look a crawling bomb, let's walk into it and get stuck.' :anger3d:

As for my favourite, definitely would have to be skull kid. He's just so misunderstood. Everyone thinks that everything that happened in termina was his fault when really he had no control over what he was doing. He was literally a puppet for the mask.

True he shouldn't have stolen then mask in the first place but I feel that it was kinda good he did. The mask salesman just seems so seedy to me. (In reality he would be my least favourite character...EVER) I mean who knows what could have happened had the skull kid not taken it. Besides if the event had not taken place there would be no story.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Do the cuccos in the bombchu alley OOT count because I have a very high dislike for them little suckers. The rupees I wasted trying to get a piece of heart and a bigger bomb bag! They literally walk into the bomb. They see it coming and think 'oh look a crawling bomb, let's walk into it and get stuck.' :anger3d:

As for my favourite, definitely would have to be skull kid. He's just so misunderstood. Everyone thinks that everything that happened in termina was his fault when really he had no control over what he was doing. He was literally a puppet for the mask.

True he shouldn't have stolen then mask in the first place but I feel that it was kinda good he did. The mask salesman just seems so seedy to me. (In reality he would be my least favourite character...EVER) I mean who knows what could have happened had the skull kid not taken it. Besides if the event had not taken place there would be no story.

The mask Salesman still got it in the end ya know?

NayruKasai

"Don't take us so lightly."
Yeah but link destroyed the magic in it so there isn't anything really to worry about. As long as the magic is gone he can't follow up on any seedy plans he had.

Right?

Last edited:
My Favorite Character is Linkle!! Nuff Said; With her Duel-wielded Crossbows that Magically Reload and rapid-fire like guns, and Her Fiery Spinkick; and Her Speaking, and She's my Favorite Character; that I wish Would Return in Future Games!! ^_^

My favorite secondary character would be Midna. She was sassy and not overly bearing like Fi in SS. She made the game fun in the more dreary parts of TP.

My least favorite would be Ghirahim in SS. He was on overly pompous d****bag! So annoying!

My favorite secondary character would be Midna. She was sassy and not overly bearing like Fi in SS. She made the game fun in the more dreary parts of TP.

My least favorite would be Ghirahim in SS. He was on overly pompous d****bag! So annoying!
I Hate Midna, Due to How Sadistically She Treated Link when he was Chained Down; I NEVER Forgave that impudent little Scamp for what she did; and even less BECAUSE I Hate Imps, and Other Similar Fiendish Beings!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom