• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Lady Gaga Song?

Zarom

The King
In my opinion, Poker Face is her best song. Followed by Bad Romance.

By the way, I'm curious about what direction she will take for her new album... I'm sure it will be interesting.

Eh Eh (There's Nothing Else I can Say)

followed by

Just Dance

I just bought The Fame Monster the other day... and have listened through it a few times now. And there's something about her tone in Eh Eh, that really makes her a likable person to me. I mean for one its probably one of her few songs that isnt completely about sex. and the video is aesthetically pleasing too from a more conservative stand point. I think people that don't like Gaga can appriciate Eh Eh, where they might not care to acknowledge some of her other works.

And I shall end my post with this (just for you bomby)
Cherry Cherry Boom Boom

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Hhmmmm, hard call. I have to say I kinda like quite a few songs off The Fame Monster, so my favorites are songs like Teeth, Monster, Dance in the Dark and Telephone.
Eh, I like Bad Romance too...
Guess I can't really pick a single one as my favorite.....
:sweat:

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Sine I love Lady Gaga, there isnt really a song that I can say is completely horrible or the best, but my favorites are:

Bad Romance, Telephone, Poker Face, Paparazzi and Just Dance.

I dislike Alejandro.

My favorite is Paparazzi, followed very closely by Poker Face. My friends think I am in love with Lady Gaga, because I have every album that is available on Itunes.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Don't have a favorite Lady Gaga song - don't listen to her much, and I find her songs too cliched. You can slam me if you want, but I think Lady Gaga is overdoing her image... and her music. But if I had to pick one song that would stand out as her best... Paparazzi. Poker Face was too repetitive and the beat got boring after a while.

Sorry guys, I really don't like Gaga much, so I only know the songs that are played over the radio every now and then. I mostly listen to the Beatles. :)

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
It's not that I love Lady Gaga or hate her, but she's just a little weird. Her songs are great, but she isn't exactly the best role model. But, my favorites would probably (In no particular order) Paparazzi, Telephone, Bad Romance, Just Dance, and Poker Face.

I really don't listen to her a lot, since most of her songs are just... too intense of emotion, so yeah...:)

C

Conde

My favorite is definitely Bad Romance. This song is amazing. Her voice shows so much versatility in under five minutes, from a really raw and angry sound to a really soft and tender feel, she showcases her abilities awesomely. My favorite part of the song are, obviously, the hooks. There are so many, and good ones at that. The song progresses without loosing any momentum; when I first heard it I was amazed at the fact that the song kept throwing new hooks and variations. Plus, the video is simply terrific.

Teeth is one of my favorites as well. She sings in three different versions of herself, which sounds really good. The beat is very gut-wrenching, it is only fitting that this song is about oral sex. ''Show me your teeth'' indeed.

Lovegame is a really cool song. The lyrics are marvelous, I love singing along.

I love Lady Gaga. The Fame has good tracks but The Fire Monster EP is so much better. I can only listen half of The Fame while I really enjoy going through all of The Fame Monster.

It's not that I love Lady Gaga or hate her, but she's just a little weird. Her songs are great, but she isn't exactly the best role model. But, my favorites would probably (In no particular order) Paparazzi, Telephone, Bad Romance, Just Dance, and Poker Face.

I disagree. Her recent political activity regarding Don't Ask Don't Tell is definitely something not commonly expected from a mainstream artist, specially one so influential. Even if you don't share her views, you've got to admit she is actually encouraging young people to be involved in these issues (and it's not like she is causing harm anyway).

Last edited by a moderator:

Valexi

Hylian Thief
One act isn't enough to be a role model to young people.
Yes, I know she stands up for gay rights, but she also has a certain attitude that I don't believe is very good for young girls to imitate.
Some of her songs are on the Kidz Bop CDs, and that's okay. It's okay and catchy music; however I don't think that she as a person should be exposed to young girls, since they might start thinking that it's okay to expose yourself in innapropriate manners and, well, "be weird."
I have to say, I felt quite uncomfortable this Halloween when a 9 year old girl dressed in a kids bikini and a dress jacket and stockings with black lipstick came to my door and said she was dressed as Lady Gaga.
I still gave her the candy and said "that's cute," but I still don't think that an outfit like that is appropriate at all for a 9 year old.
What made me feel worse is that the parents apparently didn't have a problem with this.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Bad Romance definitely. The beat really grabs you. I'm not a fan but I don't hate her neither. She seems like a very nice woman. But I do agree with Valexi. It is not appropriate for a 9 years old girl to get dressed as a "sexy" Lady Gaga and going out for candy. Her parents should have been aware of the dangers.

C

Conde

One act isn't enough to be a role model to young people.
Yes, I know she stands up for gay rights, but she also has a certain attitude that I don't believe is very good for young girls to imitate.
Some of her songs are on the Kidz Bop CDs, and that's okay. It's okay and catchy music; however I don't think that she as a person should be exposed to young girls, since they might start thinking that it's okay to expose yourself in innapropriate manners and, well, "be weird."
That's something that parents must decide, not the media or Lady Gaga. Plus, I don't think she is actually telling little girls to be *****es, she might just be expressing herself. As far as young adults/ adolescents, most of them are already exposed with much more ''inappropriate'' material, and those people are the ones I was talking about earlier.

I have to say, I felt quite uncomfortable this Halloween when a 9 year old girl dressed in a kids bikini and a dress jacket and stockings with black lipstick came to my door and said she was dressed as Lady Gaga.
I still gave her the candy and said "that's cute," but I still don't think that an outfit like that is appropriate at all for a 9 year old.
What made me feel worse is that the parents apparently didn't have a problem with this.
Kids are exposed to anything. I think parents are to be held responsible, instead of Lady Gaga (not that I think it was inherently bad for a 9 year old to wear such outfit, but that's getting too away from the topic :'p).

I don't know if Lady Gaga is a good role model or not, frankly, I don't care. In retrospective, I was wrong to state that she is a good role model, since I think that is completely relative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom