• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Kind of Science?

favorite science

• Chemistry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Biology

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Physics

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Hmmm, tough choice because I actually enjoy them all. If I had to choose, my favourite would probably be Chemistry. I love learning about the elements and how certain substances react together to result in physical or chemical changes.

Other as in computer science. Next is physics then chem and NOT bio. I barely passed AP Chem though lol. Hope I get at least a 4 on physics this year though. I just have no interest in bio. It's the body. So? All the others listed are about working out the world.

I am going to throw a curveball at y'all. I am going to say Psychology. What?! that isn't a science... Yes it is. Come now. I like the study of the human mind and interaction with others. If I have to choose a 'real' science I would choose Biology.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Physics is the best. Chemistry and Biology are just more focused subjects on SPECIFIC AREAS of physics. Everything comes down to basic physics at its most fundamental level. The root of all science can find its way in physics. It can describe everything else in science and everything else ultimately requires it.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Chem bio
I honestly hate physics and don't know why.
Chem and bio go hand in had in a more direct way then physics.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Out of the three major sciences, I enjoy chemistry the most. However, three other sciences up there are Computer Science, Astronomy, and Environmental Science. While I chose Computer Science as my college major, I actually like the programming and imaginative side of it, and don't actually like learning the science that much. Astronomy and Environmental Science, on the other hand, are sciences that I like to learn for fun, and I enjoy reading information in encyclopedias about these topics.

As a result, I voted for other in the poll, because my favorite "sciences" are Astronomy and Environmental Science.

Astronomy and Biology <3

I've always been fascinated with what is out there in space, when it comes to comets, stars, along with planets (dwarfs, gas, ice, etc.) I remember taking astronomy in my High School class, we would go star gazing and try to find every consolation (that was in our region atm). I think the one thing that made it less interesting for me was the fact that my teacher has never taught a class till a teacher quit. I still go outside and look at the stars and see what I can find. Considering that it has been 3 years since I took a science class or took interest, I barley remember what I've been taught.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Economics is my favourite science as of now. It teaches a lot about how things work and WHY they work.

I'm doing Computer Science and I do actually enjoy a lot of what I learn, just not anything to do with requirements engineering. I find that dull and half the time I find it be a topic that just seems like common sense, yet by trying to make it a topic they over complicate it. However, Physics is my favourite of all the sciences. I find pretty much everything to do with physics very interesting, particularly anything to do with mechanics or space. Even the stuff I don't enjoy that much in comparison to the others I still enjoy.

what a limited poll

In descending order:

Geology
The field that sparked my love for science at a really young age. Since then, I've always had an interest in rocks and the stories they tell. I used to do research for leisure, but I haven't in several years, sadly. Either way, geology will always be my favorite science by default; after all, while I probably would have wound up interested in science one way or another, it still was the one that drew me in. Special geology love...forever a special love for a special science.

Astronomy
This one kind of started with an interest in stars--which makes sense, I guess, since astro means "star". That includes constellations (haha), the life cycles of various types of stars, spectral shifts and whatnot. That spark of interest kind of got me into most of the other things associated with astronomy. On a side note, my favorite nebula is the Hourglass Nebula. That is all.

Paleontology
Study of fossils... what's not to like? Kind of a sub-category of geology, I guess--I pretty much have had an interest in fossils for almost as long as I did geology. I spent a lot of my time when I was younger looking for certain kinds of rocks, and fossils were definitely something that intrigued me. The first fossil I ever found was...what appears to be half of what was left of a nut; looked to be an acorn, but I really don't know.

Chemistry
It was pretty easy for me to fall in love with chemistry. Really. Having done a fair amount of research on minerals and such, an oblivious love for it was already forming when I was about eight years-old. It kind of just happened on its own because of that, but I found greater interest in chemistry-related things when I was eleven. And then I started memorizing the periodic table when I was fourteen, as most of you know. Due to the fact that I do have an abnormal infatuation with the thing, people often think that chemistry is my favorite science. It's up there, but it's not my favorite, favorite.

Meteorology
This also could be considered a sub-category of geology, in certain aspects, but weather science has always interested me. I think part of it was that my sister was always into bizarre weather phenomena as well, so we'd always raid the library for interesting stuffs and see who could find cooler occurrences.

Honorable mentions:
Microbiology
Psychology

orange4zion

Really wants ST and MC
Astronomy. I am fascinated by the sheer amount there is to discover out there. Galaxies, stars, black holes, maybe even other universe. And the beauty, dear lord, the beauty! The universe is just the prettiest little thing I dared set my eyes on. The universe is so large, so diverse, you just have to love that there's a never ending pool of knoledge viewable from our own backyard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom