• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Favorite Item

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
The Zelda series has made use of dozens of items since the first game. There's been bombs, bows, and magical wands; to name a few. Each game has made use the items in different ways, and there's no telling how many new ones we're going to see in games to come. They're an essential part of overworld and dungeon design. Games like OoT are actually defined by a single item used in the game. What is your favorite item from the whole series. It can be common or obscure. You can even specify an incarnation from a specific game.

I'd post a poll, but there's simply too many options.

Zurriel

BeStrongandofgoodCourage!
I have a few from different games that I like, such as the bow from the Wii version of TP, that was so much fun to shoot! And the Cape from the MC (Rocs cape was it?) But the grappling hook from WW has always been my favorite, it would have been more useful if they had left the Hookshot out of the game though.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Pretty sure we're not counting the swords here, in which case it's definitely the Bunny Hood.
ellipsis
Actually, it'd probably still be the Bunny Hood even with the sword. That mask has become so iconic for both MM and the Zelda series, and its no wonder! Anyone whose played MM and gotten the bunny hood has a high risk of saying "Yeah, I wore that more than any other mask." Its just so useful... and stylish!

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Really depends on the game. TP, the spinner was fun, real shame it was kinda useless outside of Arbiter's Grounds. Also really enjoyed the clawshot there, especially when it became the double clawshot and I could swing around like Spiderman. A lot of people hate City in the Sky...I don't mind it, and come on, who doesn't love swinging around like Spiderman? And you know what else is fun? Clawshotting the shells off of helmasaurs and throwing them at them. Killing something with its own armor is made of pure win.

SS I love the beetle. It has the clawshots too, but some reason they're not as fun to me as TPs.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
My favorite item is typically the bow. Cause, y'know, who doesn't freaking love a good 'ol bow. The best incarnation of it was in Twilight Princess. It had a strong design and was extremely useful throughout the game. It was an intimidating weapon and powerful too. (Please note, I am talking about the Wii version, as I had not played the GC one)

Of the more obscure items, I am a huge fan of the sand rod from Spirit Tracks. While Spirit Tracks is one of my least favorite games, the sand rod was rather unique and had lots of fun puzzles that came with it. I especially enjoyed having to move the blocks until it fit in place.

Hsien Ko

Thread murderer
200px-TWW_Bottles.png

I like bottles, they allow me to live longer and not die.

My favourite item is the walk on water boots in Zelda 2.
(I want ZeldaU to have walk on water boots)

Honourable mentions are:
- Wand from Zelda 1
- Shovel from Zelda 3 (the story surrounding that was pretty emotional for a Zelda game)
- The WW boomerang (that game actually made the boomerang good)

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Mirror Shield - The Wind Waker.

Look. Look at this shield. It's gorgeous. It reflects magic. It reflects light. It's amazing. It's stylish. It goes well with that Master Sword. Yes. Yes, indeed.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
You know... Completely honest, I gotta say the Magnetic Gloves from Oracle of Seasons. I think to this day they are the most original item the series has ever introduced, I LOVED the puzzles they used them for, and I just thought they were a lot of fun. I wish they'd use them again :P (yes I know they were in Four Swords, but I mean like a mainstream game)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My favourite item is the Bomb Arrows. I love being able to shoot explosives from afar. "blowing up" Hyrule Castle is a big load of fun!

Second place would come the cannon from The Wind Waker. Same reason. Also, blowing up Windfall Island is also fun!

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Boomerang (TWW)

Hawkeye with bow (TP)
Boomerang (LA)
Nice Firerod (ALBW)
Roc's Cape (OoS)

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
God, that's a really hard question. I always found the Ice Arrows from OoT really badass, especially since it took me quite some effort to get them (note; I was 7-8 when I played the game first). I have to agree with Random Person concerning the Bunny Hood in MM. It was so populair that it even made it to Smash Bros. Melee as an item. But I liked the Zora Mask even more. Swimming as a Zora was one of the best game experiences ever. Spinner in TP was also pretty cool, but unfortunately you didn't have much use for it after finishing the Arbiter Grounds dungeon. The Sand Wand from ST was also pretty nifty to use in the dungeon.

Guess we can say it's hard to pick one item. If I'd have to chose only one item, I'd have to say the Zora Mask. To me they were also the most mysterious and elegant race in Hyrule since I played OoT. When I got MM for the first time I couldn't wait to become one. It took 2 dungeons to finally receive the mask but the result was extremely awesome. I sent hours just swimming in the Great Bay and Zora Cape. *snif* Sweet nostalgia

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Two items here: Skull Hammer and bomb arrows. Both ridiculously destructive and make you feel like a boss.

The Skull Hammer is a giant hammer that you utterly own everything with. I swear, I almost ALWAYS have it equipped whenever I play Wind Waker, at whatever possible time. It's really hard to hit things with, but holy crap, it's satisfying when you hit things with it. Basically, the reason this is one of my favorite items is because the hammer in general is one of them, and the Skull Hammer is the best version of it.

I don't even need to explain why I like bomb arrows. In fact, they're one of the things I like most in Twilight Princess. Once I got Twilight Princess Wii, they seemed to become even MORE awesome. Something annoying you? Shoot a bomb arrow at it. I seriously shoot those things on anything that annoys me. I was doing that dreaded carriage part in Twilight Princess and that one bird that keeps tossing bombs at the carriage making it go in circles really got on my nerves after about fifteen minutes. I shot a bomb arrow at it and NAILED it. It felt pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom