• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Item?

What is your favorite Zelda Item?

• Clawshots (TP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bow (Many)

• Boomerang (Many)

• Bombs (Many)

• Beetle (SS)

• Roc's Feather (LA)

• Whip (ST+SS)

• Slingshot (Many)

• Other

• Total voters
Spinner, Beetle, Clawshots, Bomb Arrows, Bow

The Spinner was a great item! I loved going from wall to wall (epically in Hyrule Castle) it is just so much fun!
I never used the beetle for it's intended purpose. i used it for scouting areas to find out what was ahead... or just to ram into people I hated
Clawshots are the best way to travel across an area quickly (in my opinion)
Bomb Arrow are so much fun!
Bow is just classic, and as stated above, fun

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Spinner, Beetle, Clawshots, Bomb Arrows, Bow

The Spinner was a great item! I loved going from wall to wall (epically in Hyrule Castle) it is just so much fun!
I never used the beetle for it's intended purpose. i used it for scouting areas to find out what was ahead... or just to ram into people I hated
Clawshots are the best way to travel across an area quickly (in my opinion)
Bomb Arrow are so much fun!
Bow is just classic, and as stated above, fun

I have to agree with you on all of those. Especially bomb arrows. Such fun. But the Spinner didn't have many uses.

My top five items are the bow and arrow, beetle, whip, bombs, and sand wand.

The bow and arrow may be the most common item in series history, however, Nintendo always finds creative uses for it throughout. I especially beamed at Nintndo's exceptional genius to include the item in Ocarina of Tme's Forest Temple. Shooting Poes and Phantom Ganon emerging from portraits was fantastic. Very creative use of the item in its transition to the 3D plane.

The beetle is one of the greatest items in series history. There is no question about it. The item is used throughout the entire course of the game in nearly every dungeon. By the time I got to the Ancient Cistern, I was amazed to still be using an item I received in the first dungeon. The upgrades were also substantial and I loved grabbing bombs with the beetle's pincers, destroying impediments and subsequently collecting my hard earned rupees.

The whip is a stupendous item. Not only can it be used to swing across large games but also as an offensive weapon. It's designs in Spirit Tracks was fr superior to that in Skyward Sword. In SS, the whip was the last used item which was a huge letdown while in Spirit Tracks it was used in three entire dungeons as well as a minigame with a heart piece on the line.

The bomb is an item which has shown substantial evolution throughout franchise history. In 2D games, you simply placed a bomb and watched it explode. Throwing a bomb in the 3D plane was revolutionary for its time and also highly entertaining. The item took on a new role completely with the introduction of rolling in Skyward Sword. Given all the destructible nooks and crannies the franchise is renowned for, I have a feeling we'll see more creative uses for the item in the future.

The last item I chose to include was one not listed on the poll and that is the Sand Wand from Spirit Tracks. Personally, it was a very unique item and one of the only ones in franchise history without clear offensive purposes. The sand wand fit right in with the more puzzle centered Sand Temple. Not only could it help Link reach higher places but also functioned to stop Ergtorok's dead in their place, allowing Link to ready his sword for the kill. also, stopping the incoming boulders during the Skledritch boss batle was pure genius on Nintendo's part.

Undoubtedly the bow!
Sometimes I find myself using it more than the sword when possible.

I've loved it since my first Zelda title, A Link to the Past!
In Skyward Sword, it was a bit hard to use, but I got used to it.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Hmm.. My top five are:

1 - Double Clawshots
Extremely mobile and fun to use.

2 - Boomerang
Australian Bias and staple in the series.

3 - Bow
Arguably the most traditional item.

4 - Bombs
Explosions are awesome.

5 - Ball and Chain
Underrated. Simply an awesome item.

The Bow & the Beetle are my two favorite items. I love using the Bow in skyward sword, and the beetle is just so much fun. It was a really good item, props to nintendo. I liked being able to explore.. well, and scaring the bokoblins was pretty fun too.. ;) hehe.

S

Samadams

ha, yeah the beetle was pretty badass. i however prefer the bow

D

dfiigins_runner

Favorite Dungeon Item

This has probably already been done, but what dungeon item was your favorite in the series. Mine is a tie between the whip in SS and the spinner in TP. I was very disappointed that the spinner wasn't used more often so the whip might actually be a little higher. The boss fight in the Antcient Cistern was pretty sweet. I mean how many time do you whip someone's arms off. What's your thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom