• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Horror/Halloween Movies?

Ninja

Well well well
We had a thread about favorite horror movie characters, but what are your favorite horror movies in general? Did any of them genuinely scare you? Did any of them have a story or certain gore scene that captivated you?

One of my favorite Halloween classics is Hocus Pocus. We LOVE it when it comes on for days and hours on end.

For horror movies, even though the sequels weren't that great, I loved Scream.

What say you fellow prisoners?

Reactions: Dio

funnier6

Courage~
The Nightmare Before Christmas is da best Halloween movie. It also happens to be da best Halloween video game.

I’m not really a horror movie person.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Hocus Pocus is a great Halloween film. Casper the Friendly Ghost too.

As for general horror films. Most of them are crap but my favourite is 'It Follows'. It's actually good, it's actually creepy and doesn't rely on loads of jump scares, its got an effective soundtrack too. Insidious is the most outright scary for me though.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Killer Klowns from Outerspace. So ridiculously over the top but I love it.

I also love most, if not all Scream movies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Wow, there are so many of them that I love. Let's see if I can remember most of them. Haha.

Nightmare Before Christmas is an obvious one.
Basically any Disney Channel original Halloween movie. So all of the Halloweentown movies, Under Wraps, Phantom of the Megaplex, Twitches, Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire.
The Little Vampire.
Donnie Darko. May not be seen as a Halloween movie, but it takes place on/around Halloween and it's just one of my favorite movies. (Watching it right now actually)
Monster House.
Coraline.
Sweeney Todd.
Some Scooby Doo movies. I love all of them, but some of them are more Halloween feeling than others. Mainly Scooby Doo and the Witch's Ghost, Scooby Doo on Zombie Island, and Scooby Doo Meets the Boo Brothers.
Beetlejuice.

And as for horror movies, I love most of them so I won't name them all. But some of my favorites are Nightmare on Elm Street, Scream, Jeepers Creepers, and Child's Play.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Halloween: Resurrection and Jason Goes to Hell are the best horror movies evah, totally not kidding, super seriously.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I thought Nightmare on Elm Street was stupid...

BTW, don't watch Krampus. It's awful.

I actually really like the Friday the Thirteenth movies (The original and remake) for horror movies. Jason is great, and his mom is almost as good

My favourite "Halloween" movies are basically the horror movies I watch around that time...if that makes sense XD

1) The Haunting: The 1963 original, not the crappy 1999 remake. It is the perfect example of psychological horror that needs to be acknowledged. It follows a group of people who investigate an old manor house, a place with a dark history that is supposedly haunted. The film borders between what is in the minds of the characters and what is actually happening. We hear the sounds echoing through the house but see nothing. The cinematography is done in such a way that it toys with the viewer's perception, making us question in the end what was real or otherwise.
2) Alien
3) The Thing (1982)

Don't have a favorite. Though I do have a list of movies I like:

Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Jeepers Creepers, The Grudge, Scream, Insideous, Nightmare Before Christmas, Monster House, Hocus Pocus, IT, Beetlejuice

These are primarily the original movie in the series and not the sequel(s).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom