• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Handheld Zelda Game?

What is your favorite handheld Zelda game?

• Link's Awakening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• Four Swords

• The Minish Cap

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Total voters
My favorite is a really close battle between Oracle of Ages and Link's Awakening.

The reasons are because they both have great storys. I like Link's Awakenings story more but overall I like Ages more because of the overall design.

Link's Awakening has a lot of nostalgia value, and If I gave into nostalgia OOT would be my favorite Zelda game, but I'm not one to say "It's the best game cause of sentimental reasons" I choose my favorite on Gameplay, then music. Overall Ages has better gameplay!

I love going back in time it's the coolest thing in any Zelda game IMO, even better than Lttp's dark world. For these reasons and many more Legend of Zelda : Oracle of Ages is my pick for my favorite Hand held Zelda game!

jack546

The chosen one
yay the minish cap is winning I love that game because of the kinstone fusing it was a great ide that I wish they would bring back

N

NMG

Myself I'm almost addicted to the oracle games so mine is seasons plus it has my favorite puzzle solving item the Magnetic Gloves

P

PiKn1ght314

My favorite would have to be The Minish Cap. Probably since it's one of the only handheld games I own (and beaten :D), is why it's my favorite. I like, though, for its many little sidequests and endless acquiring of items and collectables. The sprites were adorable, and it offered me a challenge that other games that I had played didn't give me (the fact that it wasn't spoiled by my brother). It was cute and interesting to me, and I still have yet to finish it 100%.

Spirit Tracks.

Lemme explain - Spirit Tracks was my very first Zelda game, and my first video game in quite a long time. I grew up with the SEGA Genesis, and never so much as touched a Nintendo system before the Gamecube. So ST is very dear to my heart as the game that introduced me to the series and back into video games. Apart from that, Spirit Tracks is a good game on its own merit. The gameplay is very similar to PH, but improved upon, and the microphone option was used to its full potential. It used the best features of the DS that previous DS titles hadn't. Introduced the Whip, which is probably my favorite item of the entire series. The graphics were fantastic for a DS game. I rather enjoyed the train aspect, because I've always been a sucker for that railroad time period. It's such a cute game without being too cutesy. I... don't know what else to say. ^_^; I'm rather biased on the subject.

B

bob

I loved Spirit Tracks. I thought it took all the good things in Phantom Hourglass and made them amazing.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I'm actually really surprised that so many people chose Minish Cap.

Definatily Oracle of Ages. Well, so far, I haven't played Oracle of Seasons yet… or Link's Awakening.

Linknmike

Dank meme connoisseur
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I say PH. It was my very first Zelda game (Well, actually, it belonged to my brother's friend before I bought it off him) and that gets it a special place in my heart. I enjoyed the whole 'ocean' theme, which was better than WW because it was much smaller and took less mindless time sailing from the Great Deku Tree to Windfall Island. But my decision may change, as all I have played is PH and ST.

My favourite Hand-Held Zelda game will be, and stay, The Minish Cap.

It is a fun and simple game. I loved it. I thought it was different, and it was. =]

Minish Cap comes out on top, simply because it's a charming little game. It's just fun to play, and you always feel like you're accomplishing something with the whole kinstone stuff. Granted it's a little short and maybe a bit too easy (except for the final battle) but I still find it really fun.

Second up would probably be Spirit Tracks, because it's almost as charming as Minish Cap but I think it had a few more flaws (I really don't like the graphics, they don't really do justice to the Wind Waker style really. I realise that's a bit picky but it's my opinion. And besides, who decided "Link's hair should be flat against his forehead"? It just really annoys me for no real reason :P). I don't really like Phantom Hourglass simply because it doesn't feel "right" as a sequel to Wind Waker. At least Spirit Tracks was set 100 years in the future.

And I do have a nostalgic soft spot for Link's Awakening, and have yet to really play the Oracle games. Here's hoping for 3DS virtual console releases.

C

CannibalPieChan

I suppose it's no surprise here that I would say The Minish Cap, seeing as I'm writing the walkthrough for it. It's such a cute game, I love the graphics and the story line, and how the dialog makes up for what the graphics are lacking (for instance, Ezlo will describe Link's expression in his words since the graphics don't allow you to see it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom