• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Handheld Zelda Game?

What is your favorite handheld Zelda game?

• Link's Awakening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• Four Swords

• The Minish Cap

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Total voters
S

Shadow Ukio

Phantom Hourglass was a pretty good game so im stuck Between Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
This is very hard to choose considering that I've only played Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass. I want to go ahead and say Spirit Tracks, just because I have a very good feeling about it when I play it. DAMN IT! IT'S TOO HARD TO CHOOSE!

SCREW IT! I'll have to go with the Minish Cap. It was one of the best Gameboy Advance games out there, and had a very nice graphical style and was very creative with the whole shrinking thing. And it was also the very first Zelda game I ever owned and was able to call my own.

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
Minish Cap! Oh man, I have only recently gotten to play this game and it was a slice of zelda goodness that challenged even a few of the console games in the fun department. My only wish is that it was longer and that Nintendo would put the handheld side of the series back into Capcom's hands. ;-;

Even though my first slot is a no-brainer my second favorite handheld in the sries is... a much more complicated pick for sure. I think I'll say it's Oracle of Seasons.

Out of the duo, it was the one I really dived into and thought the game had a great flow to it. The "difficulty" factor doesn't really play a big part for me, and in fact, the reason I don't like ages more is because it gets increasingly frustrating later into the game. In my opinion keeps you distracted from progressing in the story a little longer than it should, and I found whenever I turned off the game I would have that OoT water temple moment: "So... where was I?". Never found myself in that sort of situation in Seasons.

Though I haven't played much of LA I plan to play that game all the way through, and from the little bit I've played it's safe to say it might very well top Seasons and nab my second favorite slot. c:

Haven't played much of the DS games to be quite honest (I know, bad bad zelda fan ;-;'' ), but from what I played I don't think they would top Minish Cap.

A

aggie

Zelda for nintendo ds lite

Help !!
I have completed PH AND ST and am hooked.
Excellent games and would like to buy more.
Where can I get them.
Thanks in anticipation:)

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Minish Cap! The game I am currently playing actually. The older handheld games are much nicer than the newer ones such as PH and ST. I much prefer MC and LA.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Link's Awakening is my absolute favorite. It was the game that got me addicted to the series, it was the game that opened the way for me. It's a game where I find the little things the most appealing. I've heard criticisms that the game being rather too simple and too childish, but an egoistic man once said, the average piece of junk is more important than any criticism that designates it so.

The charm of Link's Awakening is it's simplicity. You get to do what you want. Either ending the dream of forever live in it, never waking up and playing around the game avoiding the horrible truth.

I went for the unpopular Oracle of Seasons but to be honest the handheld games have always lost my attention by about dungeon 2 or 3 but maybe thats because I got the first few late (all the game boy ones) and Oracle of Seasons (or Ages) was the one that I just seem to remember enjoying the most.

M

Mara

My favorite are actually PH and ST. I like them both exactly the same, so they are both my first favorite.
(DONT ARGUE WITH ME ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO HAVE TWO GAMES AS A SINGLE FAVORITE, CAUSE YOU WON'T CHANGE MY MIND! EVEN IF YOU ARE SCIENTIFICALLY or THEORETICALLY CORRECT OR WHATEVER XD lol)
However, that's not an option. SO! I went with Minish Cap, because that is my second favorite.

My Favorite two handheld games are Link's awakening and The Minish Cap. Link's awakening has a great storyline and some cool dungeons, while Minish Cap is special to me because it's the only one I've beaten 100%. Both are good, and I replay both frequently.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
For me Minish Cap has to be number one. It is cute, fun, easy to pick up and the characters are great. Vaati was an ultimate evil villain and I think he should be in another title. I love the storyline and gameplay of MC and the Minish are a great race and they should also be in another Zelda game, as we have not seen much of them since MC. I like the way Link was chosen as the person to be able to shrink down to Minish size in the game. Ezlo is a funny companion. He is a bit annoying the way he always yells at Link for him to stop being lazy. But I also loved Ezlo, the way he was Link's hat was good and I thought it was really sweet when Linnk recieved a green hat from him at the end. Ezlo's character is cleverly revealed throughout the game, you get more clues on who he is as it goes on.

Princess Zelda and Link are considered young children in this game. I concure. I think the Minsih Cap is the opening game in the timeline and that it is really cute when Link rescues Zelda.

I just love this game so much. It was epic with many lands and dungeons to overcome and the Kinstones where a nice touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom